Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004234 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #5875 on: August 02, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »
valet your car. I think they offer non-valet parking but if you valet it's not a ton more expensive and you call down when you are heading to the front and they put the top down for you and load it up with as many bottles of water and beach towels and umbrellas as you want. and then tell them where you are going and the valets will tell you secret things about the area and tiny places that you would never know about to visit and junk. normal valet stuff but these guys are like triple normal valet. they are really great.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: August 02, 2014, 07:43:15 PM »
I prob would have valeted anyway but now I will for sure  :thumbs:
emaw

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: August 04, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »

I'm pretty jacked for the Grand Hyatt Kauai

I'll be there Wednesday!! Can't wait! :alohabrag:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: August 04, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »
Some people are getting a 55k with $2k spend and an authorized user, no annual fee first year UA offer at this link. I am getting it but some people on FT say they don't see it. second link shows ways to maybe get around it so you do see it.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/default.aspx

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-card-up-55k-miles-50-statement-credit.html

I'm doing this one right now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: August 04, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
Some people are getting a 55k with $2k spend and an authorized user, no annual fee first year UA offer at this link. I am getting it but some people on FT say they don't see it. second link shows ways to maybe get around it so you do see it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-card-up-55k-miles-50-statement-credit.html

mrs. dave and I each did it this weekend. I've gotten 3 chase cards recently. prolly going to have to rest them for a bit.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:13 PM »

mrs. dave and I each did it this weekend. I've gotten 3 chase cards recently. prolly going to have to rest them for a bit.

BTW, I'm getting offers mailed to me at work, that's how I got that one.  Is yours like a business card?  Actually had to call in to get all 4 of my Chase cards to show up on the one Chase login. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:29 PM »

BTW, I'm getting offers mailed to me at work, that's how I got that one.  Is yours like a business card?  Actually had to call in to get all 4 of my Chase cards to show up on the one Chase login.

that's how you got which one? no. mine all show up on the same login without me doing anything.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: August 04, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »

that's how you got which one? no. mine all show up on the same login without me doing anything.

The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer.  Although my card doesn't say "business" on it.  Weird.  And the rewards are in-line with the personal offer.  Guess some weird crap happened when I tried to log-in the first time.  Dude on the phone took care of it though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: August 04, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »
oh, weird. glad they fixed it up.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:43 PM »
My ink card shows up under a different log in...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: August 04, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »

yeah, business cards will. I couldn't understand if emo's was a business card or a personal card by his post.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: August 04, 2014, 02:05:23 PM »

yeah, business cards will. I couldn't understand if emo's was a business card or a personal card by his post.
Agreed. Just making sure it wasn't any more difficult than it had to be. Hoping to get my Club Carlson card soon so I can hit the min spend quick.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: August 04, 2014, 02:10:37 PM »
Should I expect the 100K AA offer to open up any time soon (within 3 mos or so) or just go with the lesser one?  Will be paying for a wedding and possibly moving and would like to use all that towards the spend on a bonus

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: August 04, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
Should I expect the 100K AA offer to open up any time soon (within 3 mos or so) or just go with the lesser one?  Will be paying for a wedding and possibly moving and would like to use all that towards the spend on a bonus

I would guess not

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: August 04, 2014, 03:25:01 PM »

I would guess not

That's what I thought but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the experts. 

Thanks for not ripping me new one! (should be the tag for anyone asking a question here and not flyertalk)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: August 06, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »
taking m'lady to chicago in early october (ttech game weekend). booked cheap avios flights obviously. has anyone stayed at the conrad chicago? want to dump all these garbagey hilton points and am down to the wit and conrad. like the wit a lot but wouldn't mind being north of the river.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: August 06, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »
taking m'lady to chicago in early october (ttech game weekend). booked cheap avios flights obviously. has anyone stayed at the conrad chicago? want to dump all these garbagey hilton points and am down to the wit and conrad. like the wit a lot but wouldn't mind being north of the river.

haven't stay at the conrad. have stayed at the embassy suites two blocks away. same number of points. it was nice. good breakfast and good evening reception from 5-7 or something like that. conrad obviously higher end but if you care about free breakfast/drinks and a much bigger room, then the embassy suites is really good.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/embassy-suites-chicago-downtown-CHIDWES/index.html
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:36:36 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »
hilton points are the worst
emaw

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: August 06, 2014, 05:12:49 PM »
think I'm gonna try the 70k Chase after work today. Anyone know if it's still going?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: August 06, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »
I feel like I may have errored going with Hilton.  What should I switch to for business travel spend personal travel redeem?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: August 06, 2014, 08:24:18 PM »
I feel like I may have errored going with Hilton.  What should I switch to for business travel spend personal travel redeem?

depends on how you travel for both.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: August 06, 2014, 08:35:46 PM »

depends on how you travel for both.

If you are traveling to large metro areas only then Hyatt. If you need hotels everywhere then you probably have to go with Hilton, Marriott or IHG.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: August 06, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »
hilton really isn't that bad.  they did a double points promo this summer so I got a lot of points from them off a two-week stay at a hampton for work.  used them for a free night at a hilton in san antonio where they treated me really well even though I'm only a blue level or whatever their first elite level is with them.  overall my main complaint is that their hotels just don't seem to be as nice or as well maintained as the marriott properties I normally get put in.  the hampton beds are comfortable and they have good cookies.  idk.
emaw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: August 06, 2014, 11:54:28 PM »
hilton really isn't that bad.  they did a double points promo this summer so I got a lot of points from them off a two-week stay at a hampton for work.  used them for a free night at a hilton in san antonio where they treated me really well even though I'm only a blue level or whatever their first elite level is with them.  overall my main complaint is that their hotels just don't seem to be as nice or as well maintained as the marriott properties I normally get put in.  the hampton beds are comfortable and they have good cookies.  idk.

not sure if it still works but worth a try. i did it over a year ago and i'm still gold.

http://milesquest.boardingarea.com/2013/03/28/free-hilton-gold-status-is-still-alive/