Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006367 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #5475 on: May 09, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »
Ok new information has come to light, and I think we should not complain about room cleanliness

I think we should not complain about anything except stuff that actually isn't good. This is a little pro-life-tip from steve dave because apparently this doesn't come naturally to everyone.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: May 09, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »
I never follow his advice, you guys.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
Also, the guy giving me the advice is a fascinating dude. He grew up in Mississippi but has lived in Indonesia for like 20 years. He's been married and divorced a couple times since he's been there and has like 5 kids and speaks Indonesian with a southern drawl. He also converted to Islam.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: May 09, 2014, 11:18:44 PM »
Also, the guy giving me the advice is a fascinating dude. He grew up in Mississippi but has lived in Indonesia for like 20 years. He's been married and divorced a couple times since he's been there and has like 5 kids and speaks Indonesian with a southern drawl. He also converted to Islam.

well, he obviously has his finger on the pulse of not knowing what the eff is going on

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: May 09, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »
He's found his niche

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: May 09, 2014, 11:20:28 PM »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: May 10, 2014, 02:45:03 AM »
ms tobias is staying at the pulitzer in Amsterdam for a few nights, thanks friends :thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: May 17, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
If anyone has a referral for the Ink Plus, I'll use that instead of the random points bloggers'.

And I need a PI-free reminder of how to fill out all the biz stuff on the application, seems they ask more questions there aside from a TIN than I remember the last time I did one.  T-Y.

I got the card in September. I put my name as the business, my home address for the business address, SSN for TIN and sole proprietor as business type. I put $0 for my annual business revenue/sales. I think you can put just about anything and they'll give it to you.

Alright.  I actually have a pretty good legit rationale for needing a "business" card for Trim, the entity, so if I had to talk it out w/somebody that would be easy.

Anyone got a referral?

Got a letter saying they can't evaluate my application b/c they can't verify company name (which was my name), TIN (which was my SSN) and address (which was my home address). 

Will the person I talk to on the phone get it that I am a business and need a separate card to do business crap like gE stuff, side lawyer things, etc., or should I use gE as the business?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: May 17, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »
If anyone has a referral for the Ink Plus, I'll use that instead of the random points bloggers'.

And I need a PI-free reminder of how to fill out all the biz stuff on the application, seems they ask more questions there aside from a TIN than I remember the last time I did one.  T-Y.

I got the card in September. I put my name as the business, my home address for the business address, SSN for TIN and sole proprietor as business type. I put $0 for my annual business revenue/sales. I think you can put just about anything and they'll give it to you.

Alright.  I actually have a pretty good legit rationale for needing a "business" card for Trim, the entity, so if I had to talk it out w/somebody that would be easy.

Anyone got a referral?

Got a letter saying they can't evaluate my application b/c they can't verify company name (which was my name), TIN (which was my SSN) and address (which was my home address). 

Will the person I talk to on the phone get it that I am a business and need a separate card to do business crap like gE stuff, side lawyer things, etc., or should I use gE as the business?

thats common.  stick to script and confirm the info.   Have a backstory on what your business is and why it needs a card.  (I buy and sell vintage transformers, etc.)

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: May 17, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
Agreed. Some question you and other dgaf

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:36 AM »
also my residence inn has lost power for the last couple hours so I'm just sitting alone in the dark. I recommend this. very relaxing.

this thread led me to email marriott and complain about this awesome thing that happened to me that I enjoyed. anyway I got an email back very quickly telling me they'd give me 3500 points for it which is like, a dollar, in marriott points as far as I can tell but hey I better than nothing.  anyway I logged in and they had given me the 3500 + my 20% silver bonus + 7 completely random nights that I haven't stayed, like I should have 38 nights ytd and I have 45 showing.  anyway that's neat I guess.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: May 18, 2014, 06:25:45 AM »
Those nights are prolly from having the Marriott card

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: May 18, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »
prob not since I don't have it
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: May 18, 2014, 10:46:13 AM »
prob not then

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
I'm gonna get it tho after I buy a house :3
emaw

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #5490 on: May 20, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
also my residence inn has lost power for the last couple hours so I'm just sitting alone in the dark. I recommend this. very relaxing.

this thread led me to email marriott and complain about this awesome thing that happened to me that I enjoyed. anyway I got an email back very quickly telling me they'd give me 3500 points for it which is like, a dollar, in marriott points as far as I can tell but hey I better than nothing.  anyway I logged in and they had given me the 3500 + my 20% silver bonus + 7 completely random nights that I haven't stayed, like I should have 38 nights ytd and I have 45 showing.  anyway that's neat I guess.

They gave me 5k one time when my tv wasn't working and I had the guy come to fix it. I didn't even complain.

Quick question. In general which points are better, Amex or Chase?  I usually just use the points for gift cards and junk since I don't travel much, but want to have the best option if I decide to. I am jumbling between my freedom and Amex everyday and am considering going all Amex because of the bonus if I use it 20 times in a statement period. I use the freedom most of the time now and have the Amex for Costco and gas.

Tia

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: May 20, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »
I think I've let over 400,000 miles expire so far this year. 

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: May 20, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
rough ridin' Monday hotel luck again last night. Boiler broken so cold shower this am. We will see how good the bonus is this time. Crappy part is it's marriott points I would get

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: May 20, 2014, 06:37:01 PM »
It is going to be hilarious when you actually show up for a Pak and SD punches you right in the face with no comment. You two will just look at each other and know exactly why.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: May 20, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »
Pretty good say yesterday to follow up with getting that $350 from Southwest.  Talked it out with the Chase people and I should be receiving the Ink soon.  Finally got 10K Marriott points I'd been bitching about related to Hertz rental car promos from last year, turns out I wasn't supposed to get them b/c I got Hertz points too but the guy this week gave them to me after my 3rd call over the last few months.  And found 5K SPG's added yesterday, I think from referring Gooch.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: May 20, 2014, 08:10:51 PM »
And found 5K SPG's added yesterday, I think from referring Gooch.

smart move of him to put fattyfest in his minimum spend window

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: May 20, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »

They gave me 5k one time when my tv wasn't working and I had the guy come to fix it. I didn't even complain.

Quick question. In general which points are better, Amex or Chase?  I usually just use the points for gift cards and junk since I don't travel much, but want to have the best option if I decide to. I am jumbling between my freedom and Amex everyday and am considering going all Amex because of the bonus if I use it 20 times in a statement period. I use the freedom most of the time now and have the Amex for Costco and gas.

Tia

Chase by far

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
It is going to be hilarious when you actually show up for a Pak and SD punches you right in the face with no comment. You two will just look at each other and know exactly why.

I bolded the funny part. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: May 21, 2014, 09:02:21 PM »

what kind?  some programs you can get them back.    It's pretty easy to keep most from expiring BTW.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: May 21, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »
And found 5K SPG's added yesterday, I think from referring Gooch.

smart move of him to put fattyfest in his minimum spend window
Knocked the 5k spend out in two days with the kitchen remodel. :gocho:

Edit: I need another card to knock out some more stuff on. AA sent me a 40k with a $1500 spend with another 10k after $5000 spend in 12 months. I could have this knocked out by mid July finishing up this remodel.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:09:47 PM by Gooch »