Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005040 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #5375 on: May 01, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: May 01, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »
:D

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: May 01, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
i do not, but thanks for asking

So, this gets me two free nights at any Hyatt property as long as they have standard rooms available?  Doesn't matter if its a $100 room or a $500 room?

Like, it'd be possible to get two free nights here: http://newyork.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html ?

mocat and mocatwife will be staying at that very park hyatt in september, thanks to the chase hyatt card. and it's more like $1400/night for the dates we were looking at.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: May 01, 2014, 04:39:43 PM »

So, this gets me two free nights at any Hyatt property as long as they have standard rooms available?  Doesn't matter if its a $100 room or a $500 room?

Like, it'd be possible to get two free nights here: http://newyork.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html ?

mocat and mocatwife will be staying at that very park hyatt in september, thanks to the chase hyatt card. and it's more like $1400/night for the dates we were looking at.
Yeah, i saw that  :kstategrad:

Another question, regarding referrals for this card... do only blogs/websites get referral links to use or does any cardholder get a referral link automatically?  Just applied, got approved, and want to pass this along to the other 6 people going to NYC w/ me.  They'll be all  :excited: and i'll be all, "meh...happens every time i want to travel".     Love this thread so much.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: May 01, 2014, 04:41:12 PM »
Did not know there was a 100k mile AA card. Is AA worth it?

Not sure why, but I've kind of lost my direction in the cc game and need some guidance as to which cards to go for next. Already have 70k+ URs (Chase Ink Bold + kstategrad) and like 40k US Airways miles, and for some reason feel like I should save the other Chase cards for later. Not sure why I feel like I need to hold off on getting all the Chase cards.

Should I just double down on UR, or should I expand to Amex, AA, Delta (lol), or something else? (Also not interested in SW right now--Mrs. WonderMeal has companion pass.)

Primary objective is domestic travel for buds/family who are not :kstategrad: and maybe one big trip for me and Mrs. WonderMeal to like Buenos Aires or Italy or something. GIVE ME DIRECTION I AM LOST.

Was the UR post from Puni about this post? If so, does that mean I should ignore AA and other programs until there are no more Chase cards to get?

Also, Steve RowdyBoyy Dave and RowdyBoyy, what should I use to get to Buenos Aires or somewhere in Italy? For real, plan a trip for me anywhere and I'll probably go.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: May 01, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »

were you able to book online or did you have to call?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 01, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »

Not sure why, but I've kind of lost my direction in the cc game and need some guidance as to which cards to go for next. Already have 70k+ URs (Chase Ink Bold + kstategrad) and like 40k US Airways miles, and for some reason feel like I should save the other Chase cards for later. Not sure why I feel like I need to hold off on getting all the Chase cards.

Should I just double down on UR, or should I expand to Amex, AA, Delta (lol), or something else? (Also not interested in SW right now--Mrs. WonderMeal has companion pass.)

Primary objective is domestic travel for buds/family who are not :kstategrad: and maybe one big trip for me and Mrs. WonderMeal to like Buenos Aires or Italy or something. GIVE ME DIRECTION I AM LOST.

Was the UR post from Puni about this post? If so, does that mean I should ignore AA and other programs until there are no more Chase cards to get?

Also, Steve RowdyBoyy Dave and RowdyBoyy, what should I use to get to Buenos Aires or somewhere in Italy? For real, plan a trip for me anywhere and I'll probably go.

no, my UR post was a bout just using my UR points. I didn't properly appreciate how studly they were. and then i think steve was being mean because he posted a link to flyertalk that he wishes people would just read instead of hasslin him
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:47:25 PM by puniraptor »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 01, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »

booked online. it's great. no fees or taxes or anything. just 2 completely free nights.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 01, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »

booked online. it's great. no fees or taxes or anything. just 2 completely free nights.

godammit I'm trying to book cabo and cannot find a single free night.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: May 01, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
can rough ridin' book the park hyatt new york but not rough ridin' cabo.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: May 01, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »

did you tell them you were white?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: May 01, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »

no, my UR post was a bout just using my UR points. I didn't properly appreciate how studly they were. and then i think steve was being mean because he posted a link to flyertalk that he wishes people would just read instead of hasslin him

I was making a high FT joke. I wasn't being mean. WE ALREADY HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THIS YOU IDIOT!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: May 01, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »

Did you call?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: May 01, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »

Get all the points suggested in the last 20'ish pages and then report back with a list of places you would consider with point totals and I'll plan it for you.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »

Did you call?

Not yet. The Cancun all-inclusive's available part of the time. one big time bummer is the nonstops to cancun from SFO are seasonal. eff this crap.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:31 PM »
steve dave you made it seem like these Hyatt nights would be easy to redeem without much notice.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: May 01, 2014, 07:45:25 PM »

steve dave you made it seem like these Hyatt nights would be easy to redeem without much notice.

They are. If there's a regular room available you can book it. They aren't going to build more rooms for your free nights if they fill up.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: May 01, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »

They are. If there's a regular room available you can book it. They aren't going to build more rooms for your free nights if they fill up.

oh, I'll just have to call then

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: May 02, 2014, 05:30:32 AM »

Maybe you'll be following me around IRL as well

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: May 02, 2014, 06:05:36 AM »

oh, I'll just have to call then

They could have just a handful of their standard room on the property or something. I've not really looked at those all inclusives.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: May 02, 2014, 07:03:33 AM »
Just finished booking round trip to Palau through United using all miles thanks to SD and other credit card guru's.  I'm flying through Japan for the trip vs Hawaii.  On the return there's a 7-8 hour layover at Narita so i'll go get lost for a few hours.  Thanks again though ladies and gents for the guidance of credit cards and miles, i got all the miles i needed in about 3 months.  Saved me about 2600 bucks i'm estimating.

:Woohoo:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: May 02, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »
Just finished booking round trip to Palau through United using all miles thanks to SD and other credit card guru's.  I'm flying through Japan for the trip vs Hawaii.  On the return there's a 7-8 hour layover at Narita so i'll go get lost for a few hours.  Thanks again though ladies and gents for the guidance of credit cards and miles, i got all the miles i needed in about 3 months.  Saved me about 2600 bucks i'm estimating.

:Woohoo:

:Woot:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: May 02, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
wiley went from ROOK  to BOOKed in just 3 short months!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: May 02, 2014, 08:37:55 AM »
If anyone has a referral for the Ink Plus, I'll use that instead of the random points bloggers'.

And I need a PI-free reminder of how to fill out all the biz stuff on the application, seems they ask more questions there aside from a TIN than I remember the last time I did one.  T-Y.