Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002209 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #5000 on: February 27, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
there's no way those 2 free nights would be valid on a $1450 room that is less than 1 month old, right? right???

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:49 AM »
there's no way those 2 free nights would be valid on a $1450 room that is less than 1 month old, right? right???

as long as they have base rooms available you can use them. they don't black out availability. Hyatt is BITB. Tons of travel nerds will be flocking to this place to try it out after opening so it may fill up. worst case scenario you have to stay at the Andaz 5th Ave or Andaz Wall Street which both suck complete ass (jk, both also elite)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:29 AM »

as long as they have base rooms available you can use them. they don't black out availability. Hyatt is BITB. Tons of travel nerds will be flocking to this place to try it out after opening so it may fill up. worst case scenario you have to stay at the Andaz 5th Ave or Andaz Wall Street which both suck complete ass (jk, both also elite)

:thumbs: that sounds great either way

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: February 27, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »

This is what i am planning on getting that card for.  Going to be in NYC 2 or 3 times in May/June and will probably make a weekend out of it twice.  Beyond the Hyatt one it didnt seem like there was another card offering as easy of a deal.  I guess the Hilton card does 2 nights as well but their properties seemed pretty meh compared to the Andaz

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: February 27, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »
plus the hilton has to be weekend nights

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: February 27, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »
plus the hilton has to be weekend nights
Yeah thats fine, the company will take care of the weekday nights

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: February 27, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
Just got approved for Hyatt card. mocat and mocatfiancee both were approved for delta amex gold yesterday. looks like we will have 2 free nights for the first leg of the mocat honeymoon bonanza  :Woot:

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN YOU GUYS!  :excited:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: February 27, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
Just got approved for Hyatt card. mocat and mocatfiancee both were approved for delta amex gold yesterday. looks like we will have 2 free nights for the first leg of the mocat honeymoon bonanza  :Woot:

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN YOU GUYS!  :excited:

:Woot:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: February 28, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »
mocatfiancee got the 50k offer on the delta gold amex. my 50k offer had expired so i just got 30k. HOWEVER i just explained my sitch on their chat thingy and when i meet the minimum spend, they will give me the extra 20k  :D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: February 28, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »
that's great  :thumbs: I got an extra 50k UR points doing that once. for like 5 days they would let people ask for a 100k match and were approving all of them. I partied hard.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5010 on: February 28, 2014, 07:31:37 PM »
hey sd, we've got our 4 free nights with our hyatt cards but when I try to book the grand hyatt kauai online it says some nonsense like it isn't available.  do I need to call them to use this thing or something?
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: February 28, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
hey sd, we've got our 4 free nights with our hyatt cards but when I try to book the grand hyatt kauai online it says some nonsense like it isn't available.  do I need to call them to use this thing or something?

when are you trying to book? give me your dates.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »

we haven't booked flights yet but looking at the first week of november, 3-10.  4 nights at the grand hyatt and 2 nights at the sheraton resort (not the st regis, the other one).
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: February 28, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »

we haven't booked flights yet but looking at the first week of november, 3-10.  4 nights at the grand hyatt and 2 nights at the sheraton resort (not the st regis, the other one).

yeah, just call them. I just tried and they are showing for me. you could also PM me your login info if you want me to do it for you but the call center is very good so it won't be a hassle (the call center is actually in Omaha). I don't mind doing it though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: February 28, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
fwiw I just checked the 3rd-7th at the Grand Hyatt. Didn't look at other dates or properties.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:20 PM »

yeah, just call them. I just tried and they are showing for me. you could also PM me your login info if you want me to do it for you but the call center is very good so it won't be a hassle (the call center is actually in Omaha). I don't mind doing it though.

I'll just call them.  we'll probably buy our flights before too long, decided to do that instead of AA cards because we're probably buying a house in the next 6-12 months and didn't want to hurt our credit scores too much.  they've been hovering around $800 RT and if we're getting hotels for free that's not too bad.  also decided to push it back until November (wedding is in June) because a friend is getting married the week after us.  anyway very excited to go do Kauai things.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: February 28, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
Yes, Kauai things are amazing. also, you should have gotten the cards anyway. It wouldn't have negatively affected you prolly re. the mortgage.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: February 28, 2014, 07:57:41 PM »
I know, I'm just super paranoid and trying to stay on the safe side I guess.  idk.
emaw

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: March 01, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »
I'm unsure about which card(s) should be my daily drivers. I fly Delta on the reg for work, so that's obv. Hyatt card seems valuable. Next round of cards will probably be CSP and SPG amex (please confirm) which both seem like good ones to use. What do I do? I don't really want to cancel any if them, but obviously I'm not looking to pay 4 annual fees

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: March 01, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »
CSP is the best for daily spend. There are different categories of spend that get extra points on certain cards but if you just want a one card answer it's CSP. Cancel the others except for the Delta if you are flying them a lot and whatever hotel card if you are staying one brand on the reg.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: March 01, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
Mocat do you pay for your own travel and then get reimbursed?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: March 01, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »
Mocat do you pay for your own travel and then get reimbursed?

Yes. Company pays for airfare but now that I have the delta amex I think I can get them to book using that which would be great. We stay in super cheap hotels tho

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: March 01, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »
Wow sweet. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: March 02, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »
OT: who wants to party in Chicago for a night before 3/15?  I've got 3 free rooms.

UPDATE: who wants to party in Chicago the afternoon and night of 4/12 with me, Gooch, Metalhead & MIR?

edit: and maybe pissclams if he remembers calling me last night
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:38:42 PM by Trim »