Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1001317 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11375 on: October 22, 2021, 03:05:55 PM »
100k but 695 annual, says points are worth $2000 but idk how much it’s worth if I just want it in cash

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: October 22, 2021, 03:22:48 PM »
Yeah, not worth it for that sign up. I was mostly just comparing the point usage flexibility. Citi is your better bet for a churn and burn.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11377 on: October 22, 2021, 04:36:55 PM »
 :cheers:

team #BID

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: October 23, 2021, 05:49:09 PM »
well they denied me. maybe my credit isn't good enough or i need to pay off current cards?

does anyone have marriot bonvoy, and does this work as a churn and burn? 125k points at 5000 spend seems great, am i missing something?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: October 23, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »
I've had it before but it's not great. chase has 5/24 which means you can't just burn through cards and keep your ability to get chase cards. amex is once a lifetime per card. citi and barclay not sure on. I used to churn a citi AA card 4 or 5 times a year and got about a million AA miles at one point. that was in the glory days though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: October 24, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »
even with all the limitations, i find that i can pretty much keep our dockets full.  about 5-7 cards a year is as many as i can easily handle.  obviously, can't get all the cards i want, when i want, but it mostly works out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: October 24, 2021, 12:42:14 PM »
SW now has like 3 different 100k pt cards out there. $12k in spend required but you'd be about all the way to the companion pass for two years if you time them right and get a card in like Dec. I'm going to do this for myself and my wife so we'll have two comp passes for our kids.

Saw this. So like, December 6th you apply and then hit 12k spend Jan the following year? Then get a business or whatever to hit the rest?

yeah, or just hit it on spend or flights. you only need 125k so spend 25k on it or fly some or whatever. but a business card would for sure work.

Ok I'm confused again. I reread the offer and you get 50k after the first 3 months and then an additional 50k if you hit 12k in spend for the year. If you apply in December, your first 50k will hit in March ish 2022. Then you can time the next 50k to hit in Jan the following year. Won't you then have to generate 75k more to get the companion pass since the first 50k hit in March 2022? I was thinking the 100k hit all at once and then you just had to get 25k more.

no, just spend an assload on it in january and let it all hit then and then find the other 12k pts somehow asap and you'll have a companion pass the entire rest of 2022 as well as all of 2023. not that complicated tbh.

Gotcha. I was thinking you got the 100k at once so you did it over a year period so it all hit 2023. Gotcha, going to get in December and buy the crap out of stuff. Thanks
isn’t now the time to get the card?  which are you guys looking at?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: October 25, 2021, 03:30:11 AM »
i'm still confused with the travel cards. like there's:

marriot - 125k points after spending $5k
southwest and united cards - 75-100k points after qualifying purchases whatever that means
ihg - 150k after spending $3k
hyatt - 75k points after spending $7.5k

it sounds better than csp, but what's the catch? not chase reward points or hard to get?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11383 on: October 25, 2021, 07:49:21 AM »
Chase with CSP or CSR gives you boost for your points. All those others are fine for grabbing between Chase cards.

I personally quit flipping between cards. Just spend on my Sapphire at 60-70K a year. Letting my FICO build as my credit cards age. Up to 835 and would like to see it a bit higher before closing mortgage on new home next year.

I may flip between cards again after we get into our new place.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: October 25, 2021, 07:49:55 AM »
Those points are much less valuable than chase UR points. You are more limited on what you can book with them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11385 on: October 25, 2021, 07:51:22 AM »
Like, you can swap an UR point 1:1 for any of those pts you listed. But not vice versa. Of the ones you listed UA, SW, and Hyatt are most valuable. But you have to have a use case for them. IHG aren’t worth anything. Marriott worth like a quarter cent each.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: October 25, 2021, 07:55:05 PM »
150k ihg is $800 or so.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: November 04, 2021, 10:32:17 AM »
i’m locked and loaded with the swa priority card, just  cueing up tons of dollars to spend on it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: November 04, 2021, 10:55:13 AM »
Hell yeah

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: November 09, 2021, 08:50:57 AM »
Capital one venture X on its way

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: November 16, 2021, 12:35:22 PM »
Random question. If you have a card that has a benefit to extend the manufactures warranty on something, does the card have to be active to put in a claim? Like, say you buy something with said card and then close the card a year later. Then something happens and you want to try and put in a claim, can you do it or does the card have to still be open? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: December 08, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »
so I just bought a new yukon denali and I have to plate/pay taxes on that thing in the next couple weeks. wife got the 100k SW card and I'm going to pay them on it. 2.5% fee but I'm just going to do it. We've got family travel first week of February and I want to make sure we can get a compy pass credit on one of those tickets.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: December 10, 2021, 04:46:58 PM »
so I just bought a new yukon denali and I have to plate/pay taxes on that thing in the next couple weeks. wife got the 100k SW card and I'm going to pay them on it. 2.5% fee but I'm just going to do it. We've got family travel first week of February and I want to make sure we can get a compy pass credit on one of those tickets.

text me if you have any questions

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: December 10, 2021, 04:58:06 PM »

text me if you have any questions
I’ll text you a picture of my middle finger!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: January 07, 2022, 11:22:36 PM »
150k ihg is $800 or so.

recently redeemed/reserved seven nights for 96k points.  probably around $700-$750 in value.  i feel like i pretty regularly get better value than the 0.5 cents or so that ihg points are typically valued at.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: January 31, 2022, 12:03:50 PM »
Give me your top 5 cards for someone who is going to be spending ~$15k in the next three months.

Wife and I already have 2x CSP, some of the SW Chase Cards, Hyatt Chase. Were denied a Biz Ink.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: January 31, 2022, 12:46:34 PM »
I got the cap one venture x recently which fills a good spot while I await getting another sapphire. Might keep it long term for priority pass if I use that enough post-covid and get a CSP instead of a CSR.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: January 31, 2022, 12:48:11 PM »
I got the cap one venture x recently which fills a good spot while I await getting another sapphire. Might keep it long term for priority pass if I use that enough post-covid and get a CSP instead of a CSR.

I think that’s what we’ll do to. It’s basically a business ink type spend and bonus.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: January 31, 2022, 12:51:25 PM »

If those cap1 lounges catch on and are all as good as DFW one it will get even better.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: January 31, 2022, 12:57:07 PM »

I think that’s what we’ll do to. It’s basically a business ink type spend and bonus.

I'd first try doing better at getting an ink if they're still doing a 100K bonus.