Author Topic: Greg Davis is out.  (Read 3269 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Greg Davis is out.
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
At UT.

:users:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Davis is out.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
WILL TAKE!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
WILL TAKE!
Second!

This will really stir up the CTR.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »
Couldn't go wrong with slightly less old balls on the staff
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »
Wasn't there already a thread about this several days ago?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
Wasn't there already a thread about this several days ago?

i think it is official now.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 01:59:27 PM »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »

T42YS

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »
WILL TAKE!

Why?

Because he's much better than what we have.  Why not?

Dude. Chris Cosh rough ridin' clowned him this year.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
WILL TAKE!

Why?

Would probably be a better DC than Cosh, fwiw.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »
WILL TAKE!

Why?

Pretty sure he isn't.  Like at all.  Which is morbidly sad.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:38 AM »
Very jealous right now of programs that care enough about winning to fire their horrible coaches.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
Very jealous right now of programs that care enough about winning to fire their horrible coaches.++

Gotta Agree . . . what has Greg Davis done?  Well, coordinated a national championship offense, coorindated multiple Big 12 Championship offenses, helped build Texas from pretty much an afterthought to a PR and Financial juggernaut.   One really bad season,  FIRED.

K-State; coaches are continually allowed to under perform both in coaching and recruiting and they essentially have a lifetime contract as long as they kiss OB ass.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:50 AM »
Very jealous right now of programs that care enough about winning to fire their horrible coaches.

Texas flies airplane banners.  We have multi-page debates about it.

T42YS

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »
Very jealous right now of programs that care enough about winning to fire their horrible coaches.++

Gotta Agree . . . what has Greg Davis done?  Well, coordinated a national championship offense, coorindated multiple Big 12 Championship offenses, helped build Texas from pretty much an afterthought to a PR and Financial juggernaut.   One really bad season,  FIRED.

K-State; coaches are continually allowed to under perform both in coaching and recruiting and they essentially have a lifetime contract as long as they kiss OB ass.

Vince Young only succeeded because he essentially told Greg Davis to go eff himself and let him do his thing. GD hamstrung Major Applewhite and destroyed Chris Simms. Colt McCoy is really his only success story, and he was given a dogshit offensive line for most of the time he was there. Cedric Benson was the last really, really good RB they had. Oh, and he tried to force one of the state's most effective spread-offense QB's in Garrett Gilbert into a pro-style offense. If you put Greg Davis in charge of our offense (with WRSOAT and our dogshit QB situation in place), we'd be 3-9 this year at best. Daniel Thomas' production probably would've been cut in half because of all of the 3-yard screens we'd be calling.

Agree with you about the situation w/OB, but that's been covered ad nauseum here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 07:31:31 AM »

Vince Young only succeeded because he essentially told Greg Davis to go eff himself and let him do his thing. GD hamstrung Major Applewhite and destroyed Chris Simms. Colt McCoy is really his only success story, and he was given a dogshit offensive line for most of the time he was there. Cedric Benson was the last really, really good RB they had. Oh, and he tried to force one of the state's most effective spread-offense QB's in Garrett Gilbert into a pro-style offense. If you put Greg Davis in charge of our offense (with WRSOAT and our dogshit QB situation in place), we'd be 3-9 this year at best. Daniel Thomas' production probably would've been cut in half because of all of the 3-yard screens we'd be calling.

Agree with you about the situation w/OB, but that's been covered ad nauseum here.

No where did I say that Greg Davis was a particularly great coach.  In addition, you can blame their poor recruiting evaluations on Mack who demands that they pretty much have everyone locked down by April and won't wait around on a kid who is considering other schools.   But the facts are the facts . . . Greg Davis's resume looks a lot better than many OC's, and he was still fired. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 08:13:07 AM »
WOULD TAKE

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 08:13:28 AM »

Vince Young only succeeded because he essentially told Greg Davis to go eff himself and let him do his thing. GD hamstrung Major Applewhite and destroyed Chris Simms. Colt McCoy is really his only success story, and he was given a dogcac offensive line for most of the time he was there. Cedric Benson was the last really, really good RB they had. Oh, and he tried to force one of the state's most effective spread-offense QB's in Garrett Gilbert into a pro-style offense. If you put Greg Davis in charge of our offense (with WRSOAT and our dogcac QB situation in place), we'd be 3-9 this year at best. Daniel Thomas' production probably would've been cut in half because of all of the 3-yard screens we'd be calling.

Only disagree with this point, otherwise very well said post.  I like your insight into things texas(state of) related.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 08:50:07 AM »
If he's so horrible with offense, that means he would be great at defense...right?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 08:52:47 AM »
He's terrible at calling plays, but would boost recruiting.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
Don't worry Del, your spot is safe with our fans

T42YS

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »
Don't worry Del, your spot is safe with our fans

Not saying I'm content with mediocrity, I'm just not content with a crap sandwich on piss bread (greg davis) either

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 12:31:34 PM »
WILL TAKE!

Why?

Gilbert's 5INTs didn't help.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »
lol, Texans are pretty funny when they're pissed.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles