Author Topic: Census  (Read 10571 times)

catzacker

Re: Census
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
is it just me...or does every single person who has an abnormal interest in the constitution and taxes also happen to be a slightly undereducated/racist lower to middle class white male ranging in age from 30-60 yrs old? also probably calls himself religous but knows nothing about the bible.

Are you suggesting that their beliefs are chosen in order to "fit their desires?"  That's crazy talk.

Conservatives don't use the Constitution to fit their desires.  We take it for what is said explicitly.  It's called strict constructionism.  Whereas statists do whatever they want and construe through often twisted and convoluted means what they want.  For example the words "general welfare" somehow mean cutting a check to an individual.  The "right to privacy" as made up to make abortion legal is twisted out of 2 or three different amendments through some of the most twisted legal gymnastics in history.

Mock all you will, but that doesn't change the fact that the US Constitution is the single greatest document ever produced not name the Bible and, if followed carefully and not trashed, will allow for more freedom for mankind than has ever been seen.

LMAO.  You're talking about interpreting both documents, not the documents themselves.  See, that's the problem, it's not a black and white world.  And your interpretation of the Constituion follows your religious beliefs.  

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
Sanchez works for the government?  News to me!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »

One in the same, peas in a pod.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:25 AM »

One in the same, peas in a pod.

So am I allowed to sell guns at my job too?  Cool!

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 09:38:05 PM »
is it just me...or does every single person who has an abnormal interest in the constitution and taxes also happen to be a slightly undereducated/racist lower to middle class white male ranging in age from 30-60 yrs old? also probably calls himself religous but knows nothing about the bible.

Are you suggesting that their beliefs are chosen in order to "fit their desires?"  That's crazy talk.

Conservatives don't use the Constitution to fit their desires.  We take it for what is said explicitly.  It's called strict constructionism.  Whereas statists do whatever they want and construe through often twisted and convoluted means what they want.  For example the words "general welfare" somehow mean cutting a check to an individual.  The "right to privacy" as made up to make abortion legal is twisted out of 2 or three different amendments through some of the most twisted legal gymnastics in history.

Mock all you will, but that doesn't change the fact that the US Constitution is the single greatest document ever produced not name the Bible and, if followed carefully and not trashed, will allow for more freedom for mankind than has ever been seen.

If you believe in strict enumeration, then you would have to be Amish or off the grid (but NOT IN STATE PARKS!) because of the sick, depraved entanglements that pollute your precious Constitution.  Instead, you went to public schools, attended a federally funded land grant institution and now WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT!  If you even half-heartedly believed the crap you throw out, or were prepared to even comprehend your own assumed political philosophy then you might be interesting to talk to, but instead you just spout off talking points that you don't even understand.

I don't work for the government.

State parks are fine, so sayeth the 10th Amendment.

On the contrary, it is you and your ilk that don't understand your own talking points.  Every time you advocate some new policy, regulation, or piece of government growth legislation, you are unknowingly (or worse, knowingly) taking freedoms away from other citizens that you seem to deem arbitrarily as less deserving of their rights.  Identify.  Polarize.  Isolate.  Destroy.  But right along you go, a useful idiot to the end.

Tis best to err on the side of freedom.

BTW...don't you have some treasure to bury or some timbers to shiver?

Offline KSU176

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 11:03:37 PM »
is it just me...or does every single person who has an abnormal interest in the constitution and taxes also happen to be a slightly undereducated/racist lower to middle class white male ranging in age from 30-60 yrs old? also probably calls himself religous but knows nothing about religions.
lol. you got it.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 11:25:41 PM »
So you're saying we shouldn't have an interest in our governance?  That's how representative government works, you know.  The creation of "generation stupid"--the 30 and under crowd, has lived a life of fracking luxury.  The early 90's were the worst economy you've ever seen until now and that wasn't bad at all.  Now that things aren't really easy the whole idea of government by the people and for the people is broken.  You think all will just go along fine if we just trust in the government.  Just a little more here. A little more there.  They'll take care of us.  Anyone who disagrees is a "rube," "hick," "racist," or "crazy." All information is gathered through the copycat media who learned everything they know from retread 60's radicals in j-school who thought the Founding Father's were useless because they owned slaves and "uncle joe" wasn't such a bad guy despite the fact that he murdered millions.  Go ahead and sit in your pot you little frogs.  The temperature is slowly rising...

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »
I wouldn't want to live in North Korea.  That's for sure.  But I wouldn't have any problem living in a country like Sweeden, for example.  I'd probably like it a lot, in fact.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »
Wow.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »
I wouldn't want to live in North Korea.  That's for sure.  But I wouldn't have any problem living in a country like Sweeden, for example.  I'd probably like it a lot, in fact.

This country couldn't be like Sweden.  Sweden is for the most part homogeneous.  We are absolutely not.  The economy is much larger and way bigger on the world stage.  The world could go on without Sweden's economic and social impact.  Not ours.  The closest thing europe has to a mixed society on a large scale is russia, and they have a completely different history and their own sets of problems.  They've been under the thumb of one dictator or another for centuries and are moving that way again.

My ancestors left europe for a reason.  We wanted something different. Something better.  Something free. They didn't sail to china to get it.  They came here.  There has always been a feeling among the euros that we were just trashy and uncouth Americans, not a great civilization with their noses in the air like them.  It took us barely 100 years to run circles around their civilization of thousands of years.  There is a reason why.  Freedom. :kstatriot:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
All this thread needs is a big "HEY, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!"