Author Topic: A different coach  (Read 4184 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: A different coach
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
A real coach would not have this team's talent.  We would have much better talent with a real coach.  (because real coaches know how to recruit)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 09:29:57 PM »
Maybe you take Bobby Elliott again  :grin:

We need a board for Farmageddon losers.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 09:30:30 PM »
Don't worry, Snyder's teams get better as the season progresses.  :excited:

Offline CloneBroChill

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »
Maybe you take Bobby Elliott again  :grin:

We need a board for Farmageddon losers.
I don't use the term Farmageddon because it is a misconception of Iowa....not everybody lives on a farm.... :facepalm:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 09:49:32 PM »
Not anymore the don't.  Now they all live an waterfront property.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »
One thing for sure, we can all rest easy knowing that Snyder is now going to unleash this crack staff of recruiters on the trail between now and the bowl season.   jt said we were all retards and idiots for thinking otherwise in another thread.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
Are you saying the staff won't be doing any recruiting in the next month?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »
Are you saying the staff won't be doing any recruiting in the next month?
It has happened before that Snyder has put the kibosh on recruiting wanting the staff to put their full effort into the bowl game, it's also true that he doesn't let them go out on Friday nights to scout if we have a game the next day.  

Oh well . . . this whole modern recruiting thing still isn't Old Balls deal.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
Oh, I fully understand time.  Old people are all stupid.  (And white people suck at sports!). No wonder Bill is such a cacty coach.  Dude is old AND white!
Obviously your parents were old when they copulated to create the poster child for birth control. :users:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:11 PM »
Gonna need a link about the "kibosh" on recruiting before bowl games because I have read several articles that suggest this is exactly the time they recruit the heaviest.  And we don't have another game for like a month, so I guess their Fridays will be free.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 10:39:27 PM »
Gonna need a link about the "kibosh" on recruiting before bowl games because I have read several articles that suggest this is exactly the time they recruit the heaviest.  And we don't have another game for like a month, so I guess their Fridays will be free.

Are there still HS games on Friday nights?  I saw that Meade already wrapped up their season with state 'ship.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »
That was my point.  Dax threw that tidbit in with his rant about not recruiting before the bowl.  No more football in KS, there may still be a few games left in like Texas or Florida.

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 12:43:56 AM »
Yep.  Terrible coach and everyone knows it.  Pretty sure the COTYs were either elaborate jokes or were awarded on opposite day.  Either way, he is much closer to the worst coach ever than he is the best.  Guys like Barry Switzer were just duped by his smoke and mirrors.

I bought some egg nog the other day.  It's the same egg nog I always buy.  It's delicious and I have a lot of fond memories drinking this particular egg nog.  When I got home I accidentally left the groceries, including the egg nog, in the trunk.  It was pretty warm that day and it was in the trunk all day.  When I realized that evening what had happened I went and got the egg nog only to find that it had spoiled.  It was disgusting. What had once tasted so exquisite was now something that I couldn't even stomach to sniff.  I threw it in the garbage.  Because that's what you do with things that are rotten.  You don't put them on the mantle and let the putrid smell fill your house while remembering how they were once fresh and delicious.  You throw them in the garbage.
Bill Synder compared to egg nog, what a great analogy, almost like how a 16 year old knows everything and once he turns 40 you might as well not listen to him anymore because he no longer knows anything.
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 05:16:24 AM »

It was discussed at length back in 2003 that K-State did very little recruiting before the Fiesta Bowl.   Also it was back during the regular season that K-State coaches were rarely seen at high school football games on Friday nights if K-State had a Saturday home game.

I know it's hard to remember that stuff now JT considering that Snyder has only been to 2 bowl games in his last 5 years on the job.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 07:02:10 AM »

yeah, the Fridays are going to be outstanding for recruiting purposes right now.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 07:32:55 AM »
A real coach would not have this team's talent.  We would have much better talent with a real coach.  (because real coaches know how to recruit)

agree with this but still thought prior to the season, with the easy schedule, we would have won 8 games.  looking back we were pretty fortunate to win 4 of our 7 games (UCLA, UCF, ISU & UNT).  props to Snyder for managing to squeak out wins against those garbage teams through superior game management.

hard to believe we lost to a headless CU team and basically had no chance to win against Baylor or OSU (w/o their top player) at home.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 07:35:57 AM »
Oh, I fully understand time.  Old people are all stupid.  (And white people suck at sports!). No wonder Bill is such a cacty coach.  Dude is old AND white!

Are you a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) in real life, or is that just your posting style?
This has to be my favorite post I have seen during my tenure at goEMAW.com
EMAW

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 08:41:49 AM »
random douche assistant:  Hey, Bill, should we get out and recruit?

OB:  No, son, because any player worth a darn will wait for the season to end and then listen to each school individually.  Now let's get back to some tackling drills before our big bowl game with Eastern Michigan.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »
I enjoyed the egg nog analogy.