Author Topic: 2014 Recruiting Thread  (Read 368822 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #350 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
Quote from:  The Boss
Have heard a few tidbits on some of the guys that KSU has stopped in to see recently.

Yesterday, oscar Weber was in Springfield, Ill. to see class of 2014 four-star point guard Larry Austin. He's been recruiting Austin since he was an 8th grader.

This morning, a Wildcats assistant watched 2014 four-star shooting guard Grayson Allen work out in Florida. Later today they'll see another 2014 kid, 6-10 big man Michael Gilmore.

A couple of other 2014 names that have popped up are four-star PF Adul-Malik Abu and four-star combo forward Marcanvis Hymon.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 18, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
GRCOAT?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 18, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 18, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »
don't think i haven't thought about it

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »
Profile on Cimimo's prep school team, Worcester Academy:

"The Hilltoppers Frontline will be orchestrated by returning 6’10 Center Matt Cimino and 6’8 bruiser, Darryl Reynolds. Cimino is coming off a great run on the AAU circuit with Mass Rivals earning high major interest including offers from Virginia, BC and Kansas State. Cimino is versatile, face up post player that can step out and knock down the long range jump shot. Reynolds comes to Worcester, Ma by the way of Philadelphia, Pa and made a name for himself in New England weeks prior to the start of school at the Tufts Prep Shootout. Reynolds physical presence alone is an intimidation factor for those who think about trying to get in his way. Standing at 6’8 with a massive cut frame, Reynolds is a skilled, big man with range on his shot that extends to the 3 point line. Reynolds likes to bang down low, put the ball on the floor to create space, in order to knock down the baseline pull up or jump shot from the elbow. Reynolds and Cimino on the floor together will create matchup problems for opposing big men."

http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=4817

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »
Hymon.
Lol
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
Another report from the UA Grindsession in Houston this past weekend, this time from Scout's Josh Gershon:

"Dominique Collier, PG: The slight guard's biggest strength is probably his speed with the ball in his hands, as he gets up and down the court very quickly. While he's more of a combo right now, Collier could be developed more as a point guard at the next level, and he has the tools to do it. He made some really impressive bounce passes to teammates off drives to the basket, picking up assists on the plays."

"Dominique Collier said Kansas State, Stanford, Gonzaga, Colorado and Iowa have been by to see him so far this fall."

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1224381.html

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 24, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
Quote from: Rankin

Under Armour Houston Grind Session Recap 1st Team: Keita Bates-Diop, Kelly Oubre, Eric Mika, Dewayne Morgan and Jaquel Richmond(as far as I can tell, not related to Mitch)

Under Armour Houston Grind Session 2nd Team: TJ Haws, Bryant Crawford, Leron Black, Nick Emery, King McClure, Anton Beard

Under Armour Houston Grind Session Honorable Mention: Melvin Swift, Ahmad Hamdy, Chris Chiozza, Darin Minniefield, Jevon Thomas('13), Josh Hart, and Dominique Collier. Courtesy of Under Armour

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »
From Kline, West Virginia has offered Kaleb Joseph. Joseph, a consensus 4* PG, also has offers from KSU, Maryland, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Providence, and Boston College.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »
Update on Alec Brennan from Purdue Rivals site:

"The 6-foot-9 forward from Milton Academy played well enough during the summer, playing for his Expressions Elite AAU team, to begin meriting major-college attention.

"Coming out of July," Brennan told Rivals.com, "I definitely thought (my game) was the highest it's been. Since then I've kind of stayed there. I've definitely been working on my shot still, handle and everything. I'm trying to keep it up there and elevate it for the coming season."

As is, Brennan is ranked No. 133 in Rivals.com's Class of 2014 top 150 and drawing a slew of recruiters to Milton.

Milton coach Lamar Reddicks listed Maryland, Temple, Kansas State, Iowa State and Northwestern among the many who've offered scholarships, in addition to Purdue. Arizona, he said, was expected to visit the school Monday to see Brennan."

"He hasn't shown his cards at all," Reddicks said. "He's just taking in the process. It's all happened so fast for him. Every day there's a new school (interested)."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1414633

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
Linked below is a report from a camp last month featuring both Brennan and Cimino. These are a couple of prospects KSU has offered in '14 that sound like they have similar, faceup 4/stretch post man games:

"Alec Brennan, 2014 (Milton) – Brennan is a skilled 6’9 forward who is still in the process of becoming more assertive offensively. He is known widely as a sharpshooting, stretch four man, but he’s going to make himself even more effective as he develops that go-to move on the low block. He did a nice job today of altering and blocking shots."

"Matt Cimino, 2014 (Worcester) – Known as a sharpshooter, Cimino did a nice job today of asserting himself down low and used his length to his advantage to alter and block shots. He moves very well without the ball, picks his spots, and knocks down a high percentage from behind the arc."

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2721/Tufts-Prep-Shootout-Event-Recap.php

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 27, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
Sounds like Coach Chester is in Bmore, scouting and 'cruiting.

"?Kansas State will likely survey the area and make stops at St. James, St. Maria Goretti, St. Frances, Poly, and a few other schools. The Wildcats will likely see 2014 PG John Crosby (Poly), 2014 F Obi Enechionyia (St. James), Dwayne Morgan (St. Frances, 2014 big man Martin Geben (St. Maria Goretti), and more."

http://marylandhoops.net/?p=1348

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 27, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
Maryland hoops.net, Top 40 for '14 in Bmore/DC area:

1. Morgan
5. Enochionyia
7. Crosby
9. Geben
24. McNeil
40. Buckhanon

http://marylandhoops.net/?p=1026

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 27, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »

"?Kansas State will likely survey the area and make stops at St. James, St. Maria Goretti, St. Frances, Poly, and a few other schools. The Wildcats will likely see 2014 PG John Crosby (Poly), 2014 F Obi Enechionyia (St. James), Dwayne Morgan (St. Frances, 2014 big man Martin Geben (St. Maria Goretti), and more."

i assume you saw that he tweeted that he was heading home earlier today

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »

I actually saw it on GPC, no twitter at the worksite(well, I've figured out how to view a couple of accounts but for the most part no twitter).

I'll take the tips wherever I can get them.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
Brooks was in dallas today.  :)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »
Brooks was in dallas today.  :)
Have we rented out a spot for him by now? Good grief, get it done.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »
Have I missed a Custer update?  It seems like there hasn't been one in months.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
I haven't heard much of anything out of the KC/KS recruits since oscar took over :sigh:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2012, 07:48:20 AM »
Welp

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2012, 07:52:38 AM »

I actually saw it on GPC, no twitter at the worksite(well, I've figured out how to view a couple of accounts but for the most part no twitter).

I'll take the tips wherever I can get them.
from yesterday-

Chester Frazier ?@CoachFrazierKSU
Baltimore bound! not a vacation- I'm home to work!!!but of course I gotta see my mommy lol - wheels up

also enjoyed this picture he tweeted

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2012, 07:59:54 AM »
 :D

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:25 AM »
Weber was at Sunrise in Wichita about 10 days ago. Really couldn't say how it went but he was there:

DeAnte' Mitchell ?@CollegiateHoops              20 Sep
K-State, Wichita St, Oral Roberts, Colorado St, Ole Miss, W Kentucky, USF, Middle TN & Fresno St have been in to see Sunrise Christian (KS)

DeAnte' Mitchell ?@CollegiateHoops
Sunrise Christian (KS) has talent w/ G Lourawls Nairn '14 & F Nathan Bain '14, Janari Joesaar '13, Andre Sands '13 & C J.J N'Ganga '13

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 28, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »
Weber was at Sunrise in Wichita about 10 days ago. Really couldn't say how it went but he was there:

K-State, Wichita St, Oral Roberts, Colorado St, Ole Miss, W Kentucky, USF, Middle TN & Fresno St have been in to see Sunrise Christian (KS)

Sunrise Christian (KS) has talent w/ G Lourawls Nairn '14 & F Nathan Bain '14, Janari Joesaar '13, Andre Sands '13 & C J.J N'Ganga '13

just when I say he isn't looking at KS  :thumbs:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »

just when I say he isn't looking at KS  :thumbs:

There was actually a thread about Weber being at Sunrise on GPC a couple days before that was tweeted, I just didn't want to GPC-Luke it.

I think Nairn is our top target among the Sunrise prospects, we're certainly in the market for a high level PG in this class, we'll see how it goes.