Author Topic: 2014 Recruiting Thread  (Read 363182 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »
yup. Just was hoping Kline isn't in decline.  ;)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Tyquone Greer 6'5 wing from Chicago is another prospect we're recruiting in this class. HS teammate of '13 recruit Pryor at Orr. Couple links on him below, bottom vid features both Greer and Okafor and will apparently be a series following their career paths. Vid indicates Greer is Meanstreets.

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=835:class-of-2014-chicago-orr-star-tyquone-greer-is-a-hot-name-who-continues-to-see-his-stock-rise&catid=34:recruiting

http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2011/11/video-tyquone-greer-jahlil-okafor-paul-whitecoming-up-in-chicago/

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »
Okafor update from AZ Scout site, no mention of KSU Cats:

"After his unofficial visit to Arizona, the number two prospect in the class of 2014, according to Scout.com, took a visit to Ohio State and is not done this season.

He says he is just getting familiar with a lot of different schools and is still very wide open at this point. In fact, he just visited a major program this past weekend and expects to see more in the next month.

“I just visited Duke, which was a good trip and we play in Kentucky, so I will visit Kentucky’s campus when I get there,” explained Okafor. “We also play in Louisville, so I will use that time to see the campus as well.”

It will be an advantage for Okafor to unofficially visit many big name schools now as he can see what he really likes in certain schools early. He doesn’t plan on making a decision until his senior year of high school, but is on the path to really be able to pick from any school that he wants."

http://arizona.scout.com/2/1136552.html

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Around Kansas City, there's not a more anticipated yearly event than the Hy-Vee Shootout presented by Metro Sports. Pitting teams from the Kansas side against those from the Missouri side of the metro, it's a fight for state bragging rights and a big stage for players to launch their reputation to the next level. That's exactly what sophomore Clayton Custer did on Saturday.

Clayton Custer is an impressive sophomore.
Custer makes stand

The 2011 Hy-Vee Shootout wasn't Clayton Custer's first appearance in the event. The six-foot tall point guard was impressive last year as a freshman. However, his Overland Park (Kan.) Blue Valley Northwest team was loaded with solid seniors helping to take the pressure off of him.

This year as a sophomore, though, the team is all Custer's and he was clearly embracing the role as he led his team to a 64-50 win over Grandview (Mo.) High.

"Last year we had a lot of talented older players," Custer told Rivals.com. "This year, I need to do a little more. Whatever I need to do. If that means going and getting a bucket or making a play for somebody that's what I'm looking to do."

On Saturday, Custer did all of that. Offensively, he's developing an extra gear off the dribble that he uses to lose defenders and get where he wants to be. His pull-up jumper is a major weapon and pretty much automatic from anywhere between 12 and 17 feet and he distributes the ball with efficiency.

"I've been in the gym getting up a bunch of shots," said Custer after scoring 16 points and dishing out four assists. "I'm working on getting my shot more fluid. I feel like for me to be as good a player as I can be I need to be able to make every shot. I want people to think it's going in every time I shoot it."

College programs have certainly taken notice. On Saturday, Custer was watched by assistants from Kansas State and San Francisco and both schools have offered. Additional offers have come from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Houston while Kansas, Boston College and Illinois have all been in to see him and are keeping tabs.

According to Custer he's already tripped to Kansas State, Kansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and he'll be looking to hit some college games this winter. But, he's in no rush with his recruitment and is just focusing on his game.

"I feel like some kids kind of stop working hard when they start getting offers," said Custer. "For me, the attention just drives me to get even better. People are expecting a lot from me when they come to see me now.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »
custer is the most important recruit on kstate's list.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2011, 12:48:08 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »
PG Clayton Custer '14 was recently at Kansas to take in their game against Baylor.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
PG Clayton Custer '14 was recently at Kansas to take in their game against Baylor.

well, it was fun while it lasted. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2012, 10:51:33 PM »
Custer was the best player on the floor. Handled the ball well, good on the ball defender, great mid range jumper. Only saw him attempt one three and miss. Think he waxs perfect from the line. Probably had 25. Looked very quick and they could not trap him. Listed at 6 ft. Not afraid to take it in the lane and finish. Underwood was there also. Not sure how hard we are recruiting him, but looks like a player. BVNW won going away.

Cauly has work to do to play at UK or anywhere else. Potential is there.
Custer looks like D1 and just a soph.

gpc poster.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

heh. That's such a gpc line.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »

heh. That's such a gpc line.

yeah, i should have deleted that for the anon gpc poster.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »
I watched Custer last night. He didn't wow me by any means and he missed a couple of crucial free throws downt he stretch. He was still the best player on his team and he's only a sophomore.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
I watched Custer again on Tuesday night and once again, he wasn't dominant by any means. He is still small and flops every time he drives the ball. In the two games I have watched him this year, he has not made one outside shot, as all of his points have come within 12 feet of the basket. The game was tied at the end of regulation with 3.5 seconds left and Custer was at the line for 2. He missed the first free throw and then with the gym going crazy, he fracking airballed the second free throw.

He is still only a sophomore and has potential, but he needs to grow a little and get bigger. He is 5'10" at the very most right now and probably around 160 lbs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:11:32 AM by PowercatPat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
About to head to Lexington with Willie and Shavon.

custer tweet.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
Christian Bradley @cbradleyNERR
Kansas State, Lehigh, Providence, and Gonzaga all showing interest in Charlestown junior Tyrese Hoxter. He was MVP at Comcast this weekend.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Christian Bradley @cbradleyNERR
Kansas State, Lehigh, Providence, and Gonzaga all showing interest in Charlestown junior Tyrese Hoxter. He was MVP at Comcast this weekend.

Good find WW, looks like he's Class of '13(a JR this year), his HS's nickname is the Townies  :lol:, sounds like a versatile, athletic, blue collar wing, vid and scouting report stuff below:

May 2011
"We First got a look at 2013 Sophmore Tyrese Hoxter this year playing for a very talented Charlestown Highschoool basketaball team. A very scrappy 6'4 cleanup power forward who was a great rebounder, shot blocker and finisher for the townies. Now playing with a talented 10th grade BABC team with legitimate bigs he is pushed more to his natural college swing man position and showed skills we didn't know he possessed.This increase freedom at the guard position should pay divends for the rising junior.

Tyrese Hoxter

?Ability To Finish above the the rim with either hand.
?Good enough ball handling skills and body control to start and finish a fast break.
?High post moves drop steps and spins in the paint.
?Great on ball defense against taller or shorter opponents even in the open court.
?Excellent Anticipation skills for stealing the ball or getting to rebounds.

http://ballastv.com/profiles/blogs/hoxteradams-amp-pettway-names

Nov 2011
"Tyrese Hoxter (Charlestown) – Hoxter led the way for the Townies with 16 points. He stepped in as the point guard for Fernandez and did a formidable job. He got the ball to his teammates, while still doing what he does best: slashing to the hoop. What makes Hoxter such a special slasher is his ability to stay in the air while others come back to the ground. His jumping ability is top-notch.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2283/Charlestown-Handles-New-Mission-in-Beantown-Slam.php

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 11:12:02 AM »
If Manhattan High ever gets in trouble for being the Indians they should immediately rename themselves the "Townies". They probably should anyway.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »
whoops. no idea why i put him in the 2014. my bad.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »
Heard back from Clayton Custer. He'd planned on going to KU/MU but won't make it because he is under the weather.

good job, god.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
Custer goes for 32 in state title game, albeit in a hard fought loss to Wichita Heights

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/10/3482916/huskies-fall-a-little-short.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »
DeAnte' Mitchell ? @CollegiateHoops  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite · Open
Kansas State spoke to Glenwood (IL) guard Peyton Allen '14 yesterday per his AAU coach.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Peyton-Allen-120946

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »
Kansas State spoke to Glenwood (IL) guard Peyton Allen '14 yesterday per his AAU coach.

:blank:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
Custer goes for 32 in state title game, albeit in a hard fought loss to Wichita Heights

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/10/3482916/huskies-fall-a-little-short.html

Hey I went to Blue Valley Northwest, that can only help our chances.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »

:blank:

Not a bad offer list for an 11 year old or whatever he looks like

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »

Already recruiting Illinois...