Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4694568 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #13950 on: July 09, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »
Watching the game replay, they just got to Salvy's homer. I love it when guys show emotion. Also, I love when Rex just gets so pumped. If I lived my life like Salvy plays baseball wow, I'd be a better person. Really inspired right now.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: July 09, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »
detroit needs pro sports more than about any other city i can think of

i'm genuinely beginning to feel sad about the city of detroit while reading these. the apocalypse is already here cf3. it's in detroit. time to stock up at the grocery store and head for the hills.

also, holy crap guys.. the comments section of that article... :sdeek: i am without speech. i have no speech.

You sissies. I like laughing in their stupid faces. I hope to add to the misery of that dump this weekend with a 4 game sweep of the only half way good thing that crap hole has going for it.

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: July 10, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »
Recap of the last time we played the tigers:

Let's go, Royals5 everybody.

The Big Train

« Reply #13953 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/25/gigantic-cat-prowls-a-detroit-neighborhood-and-has-residents-more-than-a-little-afraid/

They have killer wild animals just roaming the streets.  :ohno:

“His tail is longer than my arm,” Antwaun Asberry, a 6-foot-5 resident, told the Detroit Free Press. “I was like, what the [expletive].. I don’t know what it is. I just want it gone.”

it’s said to stand between 3 and 4 feet tall, believe it or not, and is lanky with a long tail.

“I’ve never seen a cat that big — even on TV,” Nathan McGuire, 47, told the Free Press.
Paul Hatley, 14, ran into the cat, too. “It wasn’t normal,” he said of the big cat. “It didn’t run away like normal cat. It just stared at you. … It was scary.”

“He looked at me,” Asberry said to the Free Press. “I looked at him. He walked like he ain’t scared of nothing."

“This thing is out here, bro.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  omg that whole article is full of gems

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: July 10, 2014, 12:02:43 AM »
oh boo hoo! i'm a stupid dumb face from Detroit! my neighborhood is full of vacant homes and gangs and stray dog packs and killer mutant cats! Waa waa waa! Baby need his baa baa! My stupid city is full of bankruptcy and sadness and depression! I'm so sad! But guess what, I like to sit down and watch my Tigers on TV, they are my only source of joy in my meaningless awful life.

:turnsonTV:
:SeesRoyalsBeatingStupidTigers:
:GetsSadderThanAlreadyWas:

:CF3EvilLaugh:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: July 10, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »
Tell it like it is, London, United Kingdom - The story is bad enough with abandoned pets but the real tragedy is the loss of a once thriving city, the mass migration of humanity turning Detroit the motor city, a city that once emanated a sense of pride into a ghost town. The fall of Detroit is a human interest story and the mark of a great country in decline.

:D

why is this not a bigger story? packs of chihuahuas being pepper sprayed? who does that?! I'm heartbroken and disgusted. Celebrity animal lovers need to get involved in this

they don't treat each other with respect, they're going to care about dogs? (and we all know who 'they are ...)

:sdeek:

How awful and heartbreaking. Humans are evil.

So sad. Humans are crap.

Should just drop a neutron bomb on this trash heap and start over

"I'm more concerned about the babies being aborted every year in this country." - Marianne Lee, Colorado Springs CO, 22/8/2013 15:36 Sorry, but I care more about creatures that are already born and know love, loyalty, sadness, etc, than those that aren't aware of anything. If I had to choose between saving somebody's beloved cat and saving somebody's unborn fetus, I'd choose the cat.

Poor animals through no fault of their own not only bred when they shouldn't have been , but then abandoned as the owners take that same mentality and move to another city to trash it.....boy this world is changing.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: July 10, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: July 10, 2014, 12:10:24 AM »
I don't think we should have stopped talking about Salvy's home run yet. Does it deserve it's own thread? I don't know, I'll resort to KC Sports Mod CartierFor3 on that one.

It seemed like no one thought it was going, right? Salvy just kind of stood there, the camera took a while to find it, seemingly because it was going to be a foul ball. The Ray OF dude stood right in front of the fence with all the confidence in the world that it was coming to him. Maybe all of these things only happened because I didn't have sound on, but it just did not seem like it was going to make it over that fence. And then, wow. I screamed like a giddy little girl. Everyone looked at me, and they didn't say it but I know all of them were thinking, "I wish I was as big of a Royals fan as that man right there." But their wishes weren't granted, folks. And their wishes will never be granted.

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: July 10, 2014, 12:16:14 AM »
I don't think we should have stopped talking about Salvy's home run yet. Does it deserve it's own thread? I don't know, I'll resort to KC Sports Mod CartierFor3 on that one.

It seemed like no one thought it was going, right? Salvy just kind of stood there, the camera took a while to find it, seemingly because it was going to be a foul ball. The Ray OF dude stood right in front of the fence with all the confidence in the world that it was coming to him. Maybe all of these things only happened because I didn't have sound on, but it just did not seem like it was going to make it over that fence. And then, wow. I screamed like a giddy little girl. Everyone looked at me, and they didn't say it but I know all of them were thinking, "I wish I was as big of a Royals fan as that man right there." But their wishes weren't granted, folks. And their wishes will never be granted.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_07_09_kcamlb_tbamlb_1&mode=video&content_id=34448897&tcid=vpp_copy_34448897

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: July 10, 2014, 12:20:51 AM »

you're right buddy. it didn't look like it would make it. thank goodness for that short 315 corner  :D

man, what a rush  :Woot:  i just started yelling, salvy! salvy! salvy! over and over and over

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: July 10, 2014, 07:24:17 AM »

I was laying in the hospital bed and the nurse was trying to pump some meds into my IV, I started fist pumping with my other arm. She freaked out, and then my dad got up out of the recliner and high-fived me. :royals:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: July 10, 2014, 08:31:57 AM »

Ideally there would be a Salvy master thread with hundreds of pages. Stevesie you are doing the Lord's good work there brother. Persevere, for those who are against us will persecute you for your beliefs. 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13962 on: July 10, 2014, 08:32:22 AM »
GUYS!!!! I JUST GOT JUMPED OUT OF MY SEAT LIKE REALLY HIGH!!

I did this last night too!   :D

And OMG how awesome was Salvy's HR?! The best part was seeing how happy he was during the postgame interview with Joel.  :love:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: July 10, 2014, 08:34:51 AM »

I was laying in the hospital bed and the nurse was trying to pump some meds into my IV, I started fist pumping with my other arm. She freaked out, and then my dad got up out of the recliner and high-fived me. :royals:

I imagine this sequence going down something like this:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:06 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/25/gigantic-cat-prowls-a-detroit-neighborhood-and-has-residents-more-than-a-little-afraid/

They have killer wild animals just roaming the streets.  :ohno:

“His tail is longer than my arm,” Antwaun Asberry, a 6-foot-5 resident, told the Detroit Free Press. “I was like, what the [expletive].. I don’t know what it is. I just want it gone.”

it’s said to stand between 3 and 4 feet tall, believe it or not, and is lanky with a long tail.

“I’ve never seen a cat that big — even on TV,” Nathan McGuire, 47, told the Free Press.
Paul Hatley, 14, ran into the cat, too. “It wasn’t normal,” he said of the big cat. “It didn’t run away like normal cat. It just stared at you. … It was scary.”

“He looked at me,” Asberry said to the Free Press. “I looked at him. He walked like he ain’t scared of nothing."

“This thing is out here, bro.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  omg that whole article is full of gems

Good grief. These people need to realize that if they are going to live in rural America, they are going to see the occasional bobcat.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13965 on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
me and tinder girl (fbo official) high fived pretty hard after the salvy jack

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »

hope you wore a glove bro.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: July 10, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
can someone link me to salvy's postgame with joel? tia

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: July 10, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »

I imagine this sequence going down something like this:

yea, basically, but with a lot less motion from the chest down.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: July 10, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »

Guess what? I know everything I need to know about her. She's the one. Now let's talk venues for the reception for the wedding. I'm thinking a rooftop, and at the end of the buffet one of those guys carving roast beast with huge chef's hat. Now, I know that you're thinking a live band is too much and a DJamer is just as good, but you're wrong. Live band is classy as heck.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »

Guess what? I know everything I need to know about her. She's the one. Now let's talk venues for the reception for the wedding. I'm thinking a rooftop, and at the end of the buffet one of those guys carving roast beast with huge chef's hat. Now, I know that you're thinking a live band is too much and a DJamer is just as good, but you're wrong. Live band is classy as heck.

i don't like to joke about these things but you know what? that all sounds good to me. book it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »
Pump the breaks bro! She's a Mizzou fan. She pulls for the Tigers. Guess who we play tonight, cf3? The Tigers.  :Ugh:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: July 10, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »
Pump the breaks bro! She's a Mizzou fan. She pulls for the Tigers. Guess who we play tonight, cf3? The Tigers.  :Ugh:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait. Wait. Hold on a second. Wait. What? Ignore previous post. Wedding talk is suspended at this time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: July 10, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »

Wait wait wait wait wait wait. Wait. Hold on a second. Wait. What? Ignore previous post. Wedding talk is suspended at this time.
Sorry, 'blast. I saw it on the FB.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:44 AM »

i don't like to joke about these things but you know what? that all sounds good to me. book it.

http://www.sportingclubeventskc.com/threepoints.html