Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4686930 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #8750 on: April 03, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
 :curse: YOST!
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: April 03, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
Seven are you a for real vamp? Pretty badass if so

no  :frown:
He's definitely a vampire. Instead of feeding off blood at night, it's alcohol.  :D

I'm not constantly drunk fanman, I just don't sleep well
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: April 03, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
“@Royals: Today’s postponed #Royals game in Detroit has been rescheduled for Thursday, June 19th at 12:08 p.m.”

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: April 03, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
coming home winless!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: April 03, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »
rough ridin' yost and his postponed game due to weather

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: April 03, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »

final straw.  i'm out

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: April 03, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »

Well, thank God Yost kept Holland rested for today's save situation.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: April 03, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »

I'll be honest, I think Ned does plenty of dumbfuck things but I haven't been irate with him like everyone else.

I think that I wouldn't normally be this frustrated but this is supposedly "the year". Now, I know that's been thrown around a lot the past 20 years but this seems like "it" more than any I can remember.  We don't have hoards of talent (but enough), which means if we want to make this playoff thing happen, we have to be nails in the "little things" department.

A manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win at any given time. From what I've seen in these first two game, he hasn't. Even Detroit's announcers were question his decisions today. If he pinch hits, let's say, Maxwell for Esky, and Maxwell grounds out, I'm okay with that. At least we played the odds and gave it a shot. But Ned's too concerned about some kind of psyche in Esky's head. If we want to win, we can't be making these boneheaded decisions.

good post, and quicker than me. shootah.

Who plays short if Escobar isn't in?   Thought we'd already used the utility guy to run for Infante?

Ciriaco could've been substituted for Escobar in the 8th. He ended up pinch running for Infante in the 9th. Just seemed odd to take your only player who had done anything offensively (Salvy) out for a PR, but then do nothing when the worst hitter in the majors last year comes up against the best pitcher in the majors. I guess it would've messed up Escobar's head too much.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: April 03, 2014, 10:42:23 PM »
I tweeted it last night but bonafacio is absolutely killing it

Sorry guys

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8760 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:48 PM »
Heard Ned talked to Charlie Weis today and Chaz convinced Ned that the Royals can treat today's rainout as a win, just like KU treats the Spring Game as a win.

1-2, guys.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8761 on: April 03, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »
So uh, warming up my tractors for Sunday.  :Woot: :Woot:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: April 03, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »
i'm going friday and saturday. .500 or bust, imo.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: April 03, 2014, 11:21:26 PM »

I'll be honest, I think Ned does plenty of dumbfuck things but I haven't been irate with him like everyone else.

I think that I wouldn't normally be this frustrated but this is supposedly "the year". Now, I know that's been thrown around a lot the past 20 years but this seems like "it" more than any I can remember.  We don't have hoards of talent (but enough), which means if we want to make this playoff thing happen, we have to be nails in the "little things" department.

A manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win at any given time. From what I've seen in these first two game, he hasn't. Even Detroit's announcers were question his decisions today. If he pinch hits, let's say, Maxwell for Esky, and Maxwell grounds out, I'm okay with that. At least we played the odds and gave it a shot. But Ned's too concerned about some kind of psyche in Esky's head. If we want to win, we can't be making these boneheaded decisions.

Who plays short if Escobar isn't in?   Thought we'd already used the utility guy to run for Infante?

Ciriaco could've been substituted for Escobar in the 8th. He ended up pinch running for Infante in the 9th. Just seemed odd to take your only player who had done anything offensively (Salvy) out for a PR, but then do nothing when the worst hitter in the majors last year comes up against the best pitcher in the majors. I guess it would've messed up Escobar's head too much.

I definitely am not a fan of Salvy ever being out of a game, with a few obvious exceptions.   Yost does appear to be stuck in a perpetual rebuild mode.   That's all well and good for a season or two, but eventually you do have to start treating them as ballplayers and not worry about their egos.   I hate to say it because I love Escobar but, if his psyche is really that fragile, he probably isn't the long term solution at short I had previously thought he was.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:34 AM »
One post in the grievance thread is all it takes everybody

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: April 04, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »

I definitely am not a fan of Salvy ever being out of a game, with a few obvious exceptions.   Yost does appear to be stuck in a perpetual rebuild mode.   That's all well and good for a season or two, but eventually you do have to start treating them as ballplayers and not worry about their egos.   I hate to say it because I love Escobar but, if his psyche is really that fragile, he probably isn't the long term solution at short I had previously thought he was.

I am, unfortunately, losing some faith in Escobar. I really like the guy as well and I think he has that potential but the clock is ticking. He is nails defensively, but at what cost offensively? Even in his career year, his ability to get on base was only slightly above average. My hope for him would be to continue to be a top shortstop defensively and an average hitter.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: April 04, 2014, 02:41:30 AM »

I am, unfortunately, losing some faith in Escobar. I really like the guy as well and I think he has that potential but the clock is ticking. He is nails defensively, but at what cost offensively? Even in his career year, his ability to get on base was only slightly above average. My hope for him would be to continue to be a top shortstop defensively and an average hitter.

Honestly,   I'd be okay with. 280.  He's that good defensively and wouldn't be a liability offensively.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: April 04, 2014, 07:42:03 AM »
I tweeted it last night but bonafacio is absolutely killing it

Sorry guys

Boni is a career .566 hitter in the first week. Then he comes back to earth and hits .250 the rest of the year

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: April 04, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »
will be going on Sunday...albeit with confirmed horrible human and StL Cards fan Havsy.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: April 04, 2014, 11:57:23 AM »
Headed to the K in a few minutes   :billdance:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: April 04, 2014, 12:39:59 PM »
You guys have fun out there

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: April 04, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »
bases clearing doubles are my favorite doubles, unless the other team does them, in which case they are my least favorite doubles

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: April 04, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
Who are our DHIW and 3bIW?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: April 04, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
Who are our DHIW and 3bIW?