Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4686801 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #8725 on: April 02, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
In a way, it feels like we won this series.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: April 02, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
impartial opinion here but you guys did face arguably two of the top three pitchers in baseball, im not condoning it but i wouldnt be bid either

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: April 02, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
impartial opinion here but you guys did face arguably two of the top three pitchers in baseball, im not condoning it but i wouldnt be bid either

Don't want to hear it. Fire Dayton. Fire Ned. Christ, fire everyone.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: April 02, 2014, 03:39:38 PM »
the Royals were 10-9 vs Detroit last year  :zzz:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
I take it they lost?

What a suprise...... :sdeek:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8730 on: April 02, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »

Don't want to hear it. Fire Dayton. Fire Ned. Christ, fire everyone.
we will take ned back, he was a good brave coach(on the bench eff him as a manager)

The Big Train

« Reply #8731 on: April 02, 2014, 04:01:21 PM »
and here I thought 0-162 was impossible

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: April 02, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
I enjoyed this twitter exchange

DeepFriedButtleavins ?@fugularity 24m

@jazayerli why did they use Tim Collins and not Greg Holland anyways?

Expand
Rany Jazayerli ?@jazayerli 11m

Holland was tired from facing one batter on Monday. RT @fugularity Why did they use Tim Collins and not Greg Holland anyways?

Expand
robneyer ?@robneyer 10m

@jazayerli @fugularity also there's a decent chance that tomorrow's game will include save situation
Expand

Rany Jazayerli ?@jazayerli 8m

@robneyer @fugularity Though it's less than the chance that today's game will feature a tie score in extra innings.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: April 02, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
I enjoyed this twitter exchange

DeepFriedButtleavins ?@fugularity 24m

@jazayerli why did they use Tim Collins and not Greg Holland anyways?

Expand
Rany Jazayerli ?@jazayerli 11m

Holland was tired from facing one batter on Monday. RT @fugularity Why did they use Tim Collins and not Greg Holland anyways?

Expand
robneyer ?@robneyer 10m

@jazayerli @fugularity also there's a decent chance that tomorrow's game will include save situation
Expand

Rany Jazayerli ?@jazayerli 8m

@robneyer @fugularity Though it's less than the chance that today's game will feature a tie score in extra innings.

I love me some Rany. He gets it.

I'm not solely blaming these losses on Ned. We have been dormant offensively, with the exception of Salvy. But the last few innings today, again, are just mind boggling. From the pinch runners to the non pinch hitter to the no-Holland. And, of course, "We don't have enough data to develop any trends so Escobar stays in" is laughable. Maybe I don't understand baseball.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: April 02, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »
I'll be honest, I think Ned does plenty of dumbfuck things but I haven't been irate with him like everyone else.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: April 02, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »
Honestly, there probably isn't a manager in this baseball that this roster wouldn't make me want to fire.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: April 02, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
Escobar is so terrible at hitting, really hope Mondesi is the real deal.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: April 02, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »

I'll be honest, I think Ned does plenty of dumbfuck things but I haven't been irate with him like everyone else.

I think that I wouldn't normally be this frustrated but this is supposedly "the year". Now, I know that's been thrown around a lot the past 20 years but this seems like "it" more than any I can remember.  We don't have hoards of talent (but enough), which means if we want to make this playoff thing happen, we have to be nails in the "little things" department.

A manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win at any given time. From what I've seen in these first two game, he hasn't. Even Detroit's announcers were question his decisions today. If he pinch hits, let's say, Maxwell for Esky, and Maxwell grounds out, I'm okay with that. At least we played the odds and gave it a shot. But Ned's too concerned about some kind of psyche in Esky's head. If we want to win, we can't be making these boneheaded decisions.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: April 02, 2014, 10:40:15 PM »

I think that I wouldn't normally be this frustrated but this is supposedly "the year". Now, I know that's been thrown around a lot the past 20 years but this seems like "it" more than any I can remember.  We don't have hoards of talent (but enough), which means if we want to make this playoff thing happen, we have to be nails in the "little things" department.

A manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win at any given time. From what I've seen in these first two game, he hasn't. Even Detroit's announcers were question his decisions today. If he pinch hits, let's say, Maxwell for Esky, and Maxwell grounds out, I'm okay with that. At least we played the odds and gave it a shot. But Ned's too concerned about some kind of psyche in Esky's head. If we want to win, we can't be making these boneheaded decisions.

Therein lies the problem. As a tactician Ned is a bonehead. As a handler of middle relievers and late relievers (Holland and his handling of Hochevar last year not included, generally speaking), he is at best a cartilage head.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: April 02, 2014, 10:42:53 PM »

There are only probably a handful of MLB managers who don't make decisions exactly the same way Ned does every game. Not talking individual decisions, but his thought process is similar to most in my opinion. I mean, if I remember correctly Hillman made decisions pretty statistically, but the result was the same and Royals fans railed him for it.

The problem is the talent on the field, and it really isn't a huge problem. The Royals were a borderline WC team last year and they are again this season. What sucks for KC fans is that they've been putrid for so long that this literally feels like (and probably is) the "last shot" for real success in the near future. Every little thing is magnified.

Add that all to this being the Royals' logical current ceiling and it makes it all the more frustrating. It's cool if you're a fan of a team that actually has a shot at success even intermittently, but when this is literally the peak of a generation of Royals fans. 

You can either take the now or never approach or just enjoy the "success and hope for the top-end result of it. I choose the latter. Maybe that makes me pretty  :powerespect: (actually applicable) with regard to the Royals, but it's a lot more fun than the other way around imo. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »

good post, and quicker than me. shootah.

The Big Train

« Reply #8741 on: April 02, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »
It's not time for nuclear meltdown mode, especially considering the two pitchers we just faced.  The thing I don't want to happen is a bad start then play good until our annual terrible stretch and then be mumped at the end of the season.  I think that after the experiences we had last year this has to be the year we break through.  If we make the playoffs and lose in the first series, you know what, I am perfectly fine with that.  The important thing is just to get there, I mean I certainly expect more this year but we haven't been to the playoffs since before I was born, and that rough ridin' sucks.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: April 03, 2014, 02:57:01 AM »

good post, and quicker than me. shootah.

Who plays short if Escobar isn't in?   Thought we'd already used the utility guy to run for Infante?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: April 03, 2014, 05:32:59 AM »

There are only probably a handful of MLB managers who don't make decisions exactly the same way Ned does every game. Not talking individual decisions, but his thought process is similar to most in my opinion. I mean, if I remember correctly Hillman made decisions pretty statistically, but the result was the same and Royals fans railed him for it.

The problem is the talent on the field, and it really isn't a huge problem. The Royals were a borderline WC team last year and they are again this season. What sucks for KC fans is that they've been putrid for so long that this literally feels like (and probably is) the "last shot" for real success in the near future. Every little thing is magnified.

Add that all to this being the Royals' logical current ceiling and it makes it all the more frustrating. It's cool if you're a fan of a team that actually has a shot at success even intermittently, but when this is literally the peak of a generation of Royals fans. 

You can either take the now or never approach or just enjoy the "success and hope for the top-end result of it. I choose the latter. Maybe that makes me pretty  :powerespect: (actually applicable) with regard to the Royals, but it's a lot more fun than the other way around imo.

this made me very sad  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:21 AM »
Seven are you a for real vamp? Pretty badass if so

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8745 on: April 03, 2014, 05:49:45 AM »

no  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:48 AM »

no  :frown:
He's definitely a vampire. Instead of feeding off blood at night, it's alcohol.  :D

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: April 03, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »
1920's cool jazz vamp

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: April 03, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »
Game postponed make up tbd

Offline ksuwizard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: April 03, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »
Game postponed make up tbd

And right now Yost is still starting Guthrie in tomorrow's home opener instead of Ventura. Frustrating. I'd like to see this potential ROTY throw some Ks in The K tomorrow!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:12:59 PM by ksuwizard »