Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4688720 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #8650 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
Hopefully Sweet Caroline wins. That would be a huge slap in the face to all of those Red Socks dorks out there.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: April 01, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
I know this isn't MLB general but JFC Rangers fans

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkGJNpzIUAAQkUB.jpg

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
http://atmlb.com/QDo0Jp

Lol woof. Friends in Low Places is better than all of these.

What the eff, Scott?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: April 01, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »
http://atmlb.com/QDo0Jp

Lol woof. Friends in Low Places is better than all of these.

What the eff, Scott?

I like Dire Straits.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: April 01, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
dancing queen or ring of fire

sweet caroline people can go jump in a lake
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8655 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »
Garth, why don't we stick with Garth

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: April 01, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »
Fogerty.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: April 01, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »
Garth, why don't we stick with Garth

garth is great too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
Fogerty.

Man, if my fave team was a jungle themed cat like a Tiger and they played "Run Through the Jungle," during games I would get so hyped.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: April 01, 2014, 09:59:19 PM »
All of those choices are better than Garth

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: April 01, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »

Shut up....some are okay but a lot of those are pure crap.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: April 01, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
I can do nothing but shake my head at Frank Yost and his idiotic decisions. From his L-R-L-R batting order obsession to his bullpen management to, really, the entire 9th inning Cleveland debacle last year. I don't know why I'm surprised and angry anymore. The first game of the season, bullpen completely rested, an off day the next day. Yes, let's have out "go-to" setup man face seven batters and throw 33 pitches. Oh yeah, he was the key to the Will Meyers trade, remember?! It really is a metaphor for the entire Royals-in-the-David-Glass era.

His excuses are absurd. "We need to learn how to win." Are you serious? You're telling me that despite winning championships in Omaha and being extremely successful individually since they picked up a ball, they're still not sure how to win? That's insulting to every Royals fan's intelligence.

People can say, "Oh, it's just the first game. We have 161 more." I say, "bullshit". If this were game 155 in the middle of a pennant race, there would be outrage. It's no different. If we want to win, we can't have an asshat making ridiculous decisions like this.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »
Fogerty.

Man, if my fave team was a jungle themed cat like a Tiger and they played "Run Through the Jungle," during games I would get so hyped.

OMG

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: April 01, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »
I can do nothing but shake my head at Frank Yost and his idiotic decisions. From his L-R-L-R batting order obsession to his bullpen management to, really, the entire 9th inning Cleveland debacle last year. I don't know why I'm surprised and angry anymore. The first game of the season, bullpen completely rested, an off day the next day. Yes, let's have out "go-to" setup man face seven batters and throw 33 pitches. Oh yeah, he was the key to the Will Meyers trade, remember?! It really is a metaphor for the entire Royals-in-the-David-Glass era.

His excuses are absurd. "We need to learn how to win." Are you serious? You're telling me that despite winning championships in Omaha and being extremely successful individually since they picked up a ball, they're still not sure how to win? That's insulting to every Royals fan's intelligence.

People can say, "Oh, it's just the first game. We have 161 more." I say, "bullshit". If this were game 155 in the middle of a pennant race, there would be outrage. It's no different. If we want to win, we can't have an asshat making ridiculous decisions like this.

Games 1 and 155 are absolutely different.   

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: April 01, 2014, 11:47:28 PM »

Shut up....some are okay but a lot of those are pure crap.

I counted 5 that aren't a significant upgrade from Garth (including FILP)

Cheap Trick would have me  :billdance:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: April 01, 2014, 11:50:05 PM »

I fear that when the season ends, I'll look back at Diamond Dave's post and sadly have to acknowledge that he nailed it.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: April 02, 2014, 02:48:49 AM »
They will never reach the playoffs with Yost as the manager. His in game decisions are terrible.  His lineups make no sense at times.  Did I hear that Gordon was hitting behind Butler yesterday?  Are you kidding me?

I agree with you on Yost. Yost wants the lineup L-R-L-R-L etc. I would put Salvy in the 4 hole & move Butler to the 6 spot in the lineup. Gordo is fine in the 5th spot, Alex finished last year batting .265 (he was around .340 after the first 2 months).

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »

I don't really know who you're blaming here... Shields let the men on the corners with 1 out, its pretty tough to get out of that jam. The passed ball was Salvy's fault, I don't think you can blame him because hes an amazing defensive catcher and went 4/4 in the game (Also the batter struck out on a passed ball, that's a freak play). Crow then gave up a hit for the tieing run that wasn't his. Davis retires the side in the 8th with a walk to only the best hitter in baseball over the last few years. Why can't you send him back out there for the 9th? Do you want to throw our closer in a tie game on the road to start the 9th? As far as I know, that's a home team thing to do.

I'm a little confused as to where Ned made the mistake here...?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: April 02, 2014, 09:35:59 AM »

I don't really know who you're blaming here... Shields let the men on the corners with 1 out, its pretty tough to get out of that jam. The passed ball was Salvy's fault, I don't think you can blame him because hes an amazing defensive catcher and went 4/4 in the game (Also the batter struck out on a passed ball, that's a freak play). Crow then gave up a hit for the tieing run that wasn't his. Davis retires the side in the 8th with a walk to only the best hitter in baseball over the last few years. Why can't you send him back out there for the 9th? Do you want to throw our closer in a tie game on the road to start the 9th? As far as I know, that's a home team thing to do.

He left Shields in too long. The pitch count was nearing 100 going into that inning iirc. Davis is not a very good pitcher and I would have preferred to have any other bullpen pitcher out there in the 9th. I'm more upset about that than Shields because Shields is a good pitcher who had been pitching a pretty good game.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: April 02, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
Ned didn't do anything wrong Monday you weirdos. Shields cruising, leave him in. 2 straight guys on base at 105 pitches, yank him. Wade Davis has proven (in TB) that he thrives in the 8th inning setup spot. Yanked appropriately. Holland gives up hit, what can you do?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8670 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »

He left Shields in too long. The pitch count was nearing 100 going into that inning iirc. Davis is not a very good pitcher and I would have preferred to have any other bullpen pitcher out there in the 9th. I'm more upset about that than Shields because Shields is a good pitcher who had been pitching a pretty good game.

LOL. Shields is our ace and he had given up 1 run through 6 full innings and it was a solo shot. Not like he was getting knocked around and getting out of jams. He was cruising. You leave him in, you don't yank your ace after 6 innings/1 ER. You're just saying that because of hindsight. Davis pitched well in the 8th inning and he deserved to go back out there in a tie game in the 9th.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: April 02, 2014, 09:54:51 AM »
yes Tonya voice of reason

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:30 AM »
its the first game of the season- bullpens, rotations, batting order... everything moves around. yes, its mostly the same team as last year but things change. ned didn't screw up, just a couple of guys had a mistake that compounded to a loss. yeah, every game matters... but teams are so different from the beginning of the year to the end of the year, and baseball is so streaky that this really doesn't matter. lose 4 in a row to start the season and then come calling for neds job. he didn't lose that game.

we lost our first two games to the chi sox last year btw, and scored 2 runs in those games. Detroit is way better than the sox.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
its the first game of the season- bullpens, rotations, batting order... everything moves around. yes, its mostly the same team as last year but things change. ned didn't screw up, just a couple of guys had a mistake that compounded to a loss. yeah, every game matters... but teams are so different from the beginning of the year to the end of the year, and baseball is so streaky that this really doesn't matter. lose 4 in a row to start the season and then come calling for neds job. he didn't lose that game.

we lost our first two games to the chi sox last year btw, and scored 2 runs in those games. Detroit is way better than the sox.

and we didn't make the playoffs last season.  we won the world series though (in a way)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: April 02, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
New blue jerseys in action today.