Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4681580 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #74625 on: March 03, 2021, 11:22:32 AM »
This team is shaping up to be a lot of fun, might not be postseason worthy, but a lot of fun
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74626 on: March 03, 2021, 11:45:03 AM »
This team is shaping up to be a lot of fun, might not be postseason worthy, but a lot of fun

Is our pitching any good? Bats seem to be decent enough to be in the hunt for a wildcard.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74627 on: March 03, 2021, 12:10:12 PM »
I thought this thread was going to be about Meghan Markle. I’m so disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74628 on: March 03, 2021, 12:31:59 PM »
i hope i can go to the K this summer

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74629 on: March 03, 2021, 12:32:26 PM »
i hope i can go to the K this summer

I hope you can too, mocat.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74630 on: March 03, 2021, 01:07:02 PM »
I expect the K to be open with no restrictions by June at the latest. Maybe May.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74631 on: March 03, 2021, 10:38:20 PM »
ahh, eff yeah.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #74632 on: March 03, 2021, 11:28:25 PM »
Guys, we may have fun baseball this year

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74633 on: March 04, 2021, 06:42:23 AM »
I bet we have 75 games worth of fun this year!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #74634 on: March 04, 2021, 02:25:31 PM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74635 on: March 05, 2021, 10:18:04 AM »
can one of you baseball heads out there help me understand how to glean anything from spring training?   i mean, winning is good but it always seems like spring training is just a "hey let's do  two pitchers, one pitching from the mound, the other from 1st base, and see what happens" and half games and stuff

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74636 on: March 05, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »
can one of you baseball heads out there help me understand how to glean anything from spring training?   i mean, winning is good but it always seems like spring training is just a "hey let's do  two pitchers, one pitching from the mound, the other from 1st base, and see what happens" and half games and stuff

dayton takes spring training more serious than most i think. the royals have always done well w/l under him. culture of winning blah blah blah.

i personally think it's hard to glean anything as a fan because individual players might be working on individual things that most people don't know anything about. like a starting pitcher might be trying to add a change up or something and it's still currently still a garbage pitch for them but they want to try and throw it in a game to actual live hitters etc. and see if they can get it good. so maybe they have some outings that they wouldn't have if the games mattered.  :dunno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74637 on: March 05, 2021, 02:49:14 PM »
Spring training is really just a look at the young minor leaguers getting PT with front line MLB dudes.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74638 on: March 05, 2021, 03:05:45 PM »

dayton takes spring training more serious than most i think. the royals have always done well w/l under him. culture of winning blah blah blah.

i personally think it's hard to glean anything as a fan because individual players might be working on individual things that most people don't know anything about. like a starting pitcher might be trying to add a change up or something and it's still currently still a garbage pitch for them but they want to try and throw it in a game to actual live hitters etc. and see if they can get it good. so maybe they have some outings that they wouldn't have if the games mattered.  :dunno:

Don't forget you can try guys out. That's how we've ended up with awesome guys like Trevor Rosenthal, Ryan Madson and Greg Holland last year. No one wanted to give them a guaranteed contract so we invited them to spring training and told them we'd give them X dollars if they make the club. That's what we're doing this year with Ervin Santana, Wade Davis, Brad Bach, Hanser Alberto and others, I imagine.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74639 on: March 05, 2021, 03:56:23 PM »

Don't forget you can try guys out. That's how we've ended up with awesome guys like Trevor Rosenthal, Ryan Madson and Greg Holland last year. No one wanted to give them a guaranteed contract so we invited them to spring training and told them we'd give them X dollars if they make the club. That's what we're doing this year with Ervin Santana, Wade Davis, Brad Bach, Hanser Alberto and others, I imagine.

oh for sure. i think spring training is fun, super interesting and think there are a bunch of reasons for it. i also just think it's super hard to take a lot away from it as an average fan. like, win loss record and a bunch of other things seem pretty meaningless or at least hard to really gauge anything off of.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74640 on: March 13, 2021, 02:16:42 PM »
Hey gE Royals fans, I have two SI Royals covers “Make it Reign” and “Yes We Cain” from 2015 framed together. I don’t have room to hang them up anymore but I would sell them or probably give them to you for the cost of shipping if you are interested. I could send you a picture in a PM.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Royals
« Reply #74641 on: March 13, 2021, 02:25:40 PM »
Sell them for whatever charity we back at fattyfest once this fuckface disease gets out of our faces.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74642 on: March 13, 2021, 03:33:52 PM »
Sell them for whatever charity we back at fattyfest once this fuckface disease gets out of our faces.

:thumbs: would there be a market for that at ff?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74643 on: March 13, 2021, 04:13:39 PM »
I want the yes we cain thing and I haven't even seen it

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74644 on: March 13, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »
I want the yes we cain thing and I haven't even seen it
He was absolutely electrifying during 2014 and 2015.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74645 on: March 13, 2021, 07:13:04 PM »
I would buy the other one and make a donation to the fatty fund
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74646 on: March 14, 2021, 09:01:05 PM »
Someone give me a primer on this upcoming royals season please.  I think we might be good now?   People are starting to hype the ever loving hell out of Bobby Witt Jr.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74647 on: March 14, 2021, 09:08:15 PM »
I think we can be kinda good if our pitching is kinda good

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74648 on: March 14, 2021, 09:31:45 PM »

Is Danny Duffy still on the the team?  I don’t think I could name 3 of the 5 starters if you had a gun to my head.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74649 on: March 14, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

Is Danny Duffy still on the the team?  I don’t think I could name 3 of the 5 starters if you had a gun to my head.

Earlier in the offseason the pitching was viewed as the strength of the club. Some who follow the Royals have mentioned Duffy as someone who could move to the bullpen to make room in the rotation for a younger starter after a couple months.