Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4688681 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #58025 on: February 09, 2016, 01:57:15 PM »
yes but for your entire life before that christmas you never received one single present from santa

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58026 on: February 09, 2016, 01:57:55 PM »
yes but for your entire life before that christmas you never received one single present from santa

Or you got a present when you were 10 that you vaguely remember, then you didn't get another for 30 years.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58027 on: February 09, 2016, 08:33:54 PM »

Salvi on his way to Arizona.

Tom

The Big Train

« Reply #58028 on: February 09, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »
 :love:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58029 on: February 09, 2016, 09:11:52 PM »
You guys been reading Rany's top playoff moments? I'm trying to guess what his top ten will be. My hunch is it will be some combo of:

1. Salvy's walkoff in the WC game.
2. Gordon's HR in Game 1 off of Familia
3. Dyson's steal of 3rd in the WC game
4. Hosmer's dash home in Game 5 of the World Series
5. Final out of WS game 5 in New York
6. Final out of Game 4 of the '14 ALCS (Moose to Hos, "Kansas City, You've got a World Series")
7. Final out of Game 6 of the '15 ALCS (Moose to Hos again with runner on 2nd and 3rd. Damn. That was such a tense moment)
8. Cain scoring from 1st on Hosmer's single in the 8th inning of Game 6 ALCS after the rain delay. (I can't overstate how mad I was during that delay. Madson staying in to face Bautista, I just can't.....)
9. Hosmer's triple in the WC game
10. Morales ground ball gets through and 2 score to tie the game in ALDS game 4 in Houston.

There's like 20 other moments that could be reasonable though. What do you guys think?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58030 on: February 09, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
We don't even pay salvy enough to fly business

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58031 on: February 09, 2016, 09:30:45 PM »
he's a man of the people.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58032 on: February 09, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »
He's been in PHX for awhile according to his snapchat story....just got back from Disney with the kiddos!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58033 on: February 09, 2016, 11:55:18 PM »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58034 on: February 10, 2016, 09:18:40 AM »
I am absolutely baffled at how CF3 continues to not have the Gordo HR as #1 on his lists. It was the greatest AB in the history of the franchise. Familia had been untouchable for 3 months before his HR and it absolutely set the tone for the rest of the series.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58035 on: February 10, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »
I am absolutely baffled at how CF3 continues to not have the Gordo HR as #1 on his lists. It was the greatest AB in the history of the franchise. Familia had been untouchable for 3 months before his HR and it absolutely set the tone for the rest of the series.

Yeah, its tough for me to put another above that. I get his point about it being "only" game 1, but still.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58036 on: February 10, 2016, 10:01:29 AM »
losing game 1 at home would have completely changed the series. and i also love the fact that it was a game-tying HR, instead of game-winning. if the game was already tied, we could have won any number of ways in extra innings. but if he doesn't hit that home run, we definitely lose the game for sure. amazing.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58037 on: February 10, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »

I ranked it #2 in moments Townie. And my previous comments about Hos in the ALDS, its the context of elimination game, 0-2 count, Hos was in a slump, etc. Context. If hos strikes out there, most likely the season ends. If Gordon strikes out there, I'd still put the Royals world series chances at over 50%. Yes it was just a single, but IMO it was the most impressive AB of the post season. I didn't even rank it in what I predict will be the top 10 Rany moments, but the performance of the AB was spectacular.

For a die hard life long Royals fan, nothing can top the Wild Card walkoff. I've been at every game at the K the past 2 post seasons, and trust me, one moment stands out above the rest.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58038 on: February 10, 2016, 10:18:31 AM »
If you didn't become a Royals fan until after the Wild Card game, like a lot of people did, then yeah the 2015 WS seems like the biggest moment. It wasn't. It was the Wild Card game. The only thing that could've topped it was a walk off in the 2014 WS Game 7

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58039 on: February 10, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »

I ranked it #2 in moments Townie. And my previous comments about Hos in the ALDS, its the context of elimination game, 0-2 count, Hos was in a slump, etc. Context. If hos strikes out there, most likely the season ends. If Gordon strikes out there, I'd still put the Royals world series chances at over 50%. Yes it was just a single, but IMO it was the most impressive AB of the post season. I didn't even rank it in what I predict will be the top 10 Rany moments, but the performance of the AB was spectacular.

For a die hard life long Royals fan, nothing can top the Wild Card walkoff. I've been at every game at the K the past 2 post seasons, and trust me, one moment stands out above the rest.

There were zero outs when Hos had that single, so a K there isn't the end of the world. If Gordo doesn't tie the game the Royals lose and the tone for the entire series is much different. The Gordo bomb not only tied the game, but it broke Familia.

The WC walk off was special, but if Salvy doesn't get that hit the game goes on and maybe we are all talking about another hit two innings later. IMO game tying hits are more crucial than game winning hits

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58040 on: February 10, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
well, you're wrong, but that's ok. such is the life of Royals fans. we sit around arguing which mind blowingly awesome postseason moment is best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58041 on: February 10, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
yeah, Hosmer's hit coming with 0 outs DQ's it from #1 status. just like the amazing Toronto series is DQ'd from #1 status because i had to watch games at freaking work. i mean am i splitting hairs here? of course. you have to when you want to find the creme de la creme

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58042 on: February 10, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »
The Wild Card walkoff was just incredible.  The incredible highs and lows, the ebb and flow, it was just ridiculous.  Emotionally exhausting and exhilarating.  Plus I was at the Wild Card game and I wasn't at the other games.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58043 on: February 10, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »
The Gordon HR got so far inside the entire Mets team's head. What is Collins' gut telling him in Game 5 if Familia hadn't already blown saves in Games 1 and 4? One swing resonated for an entire series...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58044 on: February 10, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »
WC game is #1 postseason moment. Still. Maybe forever it will be.

The Big Train

« Reply #58045 on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »
Somebody get a body bag for townie sheesh

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58046 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »
WC game is #1 postseason moment. Still. Maybe forever it will be.

yeah this is pretty hard to argue

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58047 on: February 10, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
WC game is #1 game, but the Salvy WC hit is not the #1 moment.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58048 on: February 10, 2016, 11:09:09 AM »
Somebody get a body bag for townie sheesh

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58049 on: February 10, 2016, 11:09:26 AM »
WC game is #1 game, but the Salvy WC hit is not the #1 moment.

The game is not #1 without that moment.