Author Topic: Foods you've eaten too much of that now you can't eat  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Foods you've eaten too much of that now you can't eat
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »
I went 12 years without eating chicken fajitas in the lates 60's and early 70's. 
I didn't eat chicken fajitas over that same stretch either!  :eek:
Ditto.
In fact, I suspect that I made it through the better part of the 80's without chicken fajitas as well....90's were kind of a fajita "awakening" for me.

It took a blackedout mid afternoon trip to the restaurant in NYNY in Vegas for me to be reacquainted with chicken fajitas.  We are cool now.  

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
Hot ham and cheese sandwich (like, grilled cheese with ham in it).  Had this right before I got the flu really bad and threw up.  Don't think it was sandwich related but I can't even think about them without getting sick.  And, this happened when I was, like, 5. 
I have the same issue with Jell-o

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
honestly can't think of anything.  :bang:

Offline ksuwizard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »
Do you think it's possible to eat too much Chipotle and get sick of it?  I for one think it is NOT possible to get sick of Chipotle and will dare to challenge it.  :grin:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 03:02:42 PM »
Do you think it's possible to eat too much Chipotle and get sick of it?  I for one think it is NOT possible to get sick of Chipotle and will dare to challenge it.  :grin:

no. it is most certainly not. not from personal experience, but my roommate has been trying, and trying, and trying for the last few years to see if it is possible to eat it too much, and it is not.

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • Worst Non-KSU grad school KU poster on goEMAW.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
canned cranberry sauce.  Had the flu around thanksgiving when I was like 7, ate this last, came out my nose when I started throwing up. 

I can eat the real stuff, just not the stuff from the can.
Message Board Samurai

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »

no. it is most certainly not. not from personal experience, but my roommate has been trying, and trying, and trying for the last few years to see if it is possible to eat it too much, and it is not.

I'm up for the Chiptole Burrito version of Supersize me.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 03:42:54 PM »

just wait, you pussies need to sack up during the 'LATCK7DCC

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »

'LATCK7DCC

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
I am at the point now where I can only eat Totino's or Glory Day's pizza.  All other pizza's make me sit on a toilet for an hour afterwards.  It's disheartening to say the least. 

I can no longer eat a whopper.  I may try again at some point, but I just can't do it now. 

Sunnyside up eggs are nearing my "can't do" list.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »

I had a friend who got food poisoning from Chipotle.  Couldn't eat it for 6 months.  Then he got over it.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 04:20:04 PM »
I'm sure he did. It's too amazing to not get over eating there. A mini football that you can eat is always good times in my book.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »
I am at the point now where I can only eat Totino's or Glory Day's pizza.  All other pizza's make me sit on a toilet for an hour afterwards.  It's disheartening to say the least. 

I can no longer eat a whopper.  I may try again at some point, but I just can't do it now. 

Sunnyside up eggs are nearing my "can't do" list.

You're not missing anything.  I got a craving a few weeks back and was horribly disappointed.  It was like finding out that Pam Anderson had turned herself into a liz taylor crack whore.

"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
Couldn't eat at Cold Stone for like 4 years after the first time I ate it I got sick. Dunno if it was just too rich and I had too much or what, but the smell of that place made me queasy for a while. I haven't eaten it since, but think I'd be ok with it.

Getting real tired of plain eggs. Don't mind scrambled eggs in, say, a breakfast burrito, but just a fried egg by itself is not appetizing at all. Sick of ramen noodles if it's just the stuff out of the package, but if I put some mushrooms and onions and an egg in it then it's pretty tasty as long as I don't do it too often.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:18:59 PM by Perry »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 05:13:11 PM »
Hot ham and cheese sandwich (like, grilled cheese with ham in it).

croque monsieur.   :confused:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
Hot ham and cheese sandwich (like, grilled cheese with ham in it).

croque monsieur.   :confused:

Yeah, but I can actually kill (and love) a croque monsieur.  I think the cheese on the outside makes me not think of the time I got sick :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
you should try one of my deluxe fusiony european sincronizadas.  unlikely to make you sick.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »
Vodka.  Got sick the 2nd weekend of my frosh year.  Only way I can take it now is in a Long Island.

Long John Silver.  Might as well hook up an IV of vegetable oil. Kept trying to like it again and just couldn't do it.

Ate a ton of bacon-cheese popcorn you get in one of those giant tins at Christmas and yacked it up.  Haven't had it since.  Haven't seen it since, either, so I suppose its all good.