Author Topic: Hoops Twitter/Facebook Post Thread  (Read 1144060 times)

Offline cherrysun

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hoops Status/Wall/Twitter/Facebook Post Thread
« Reply #4175 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
I am here all the time to support him. :ksu:
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »
Wyatt needs a cig asap

chicken nuggets needs to get punched in the Dick.  But I think he already knows that.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: January 16, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Brett Regan ?@brettregan
K-State's 13-2 start ties for the best start to a season in the last 25 seasons with the '09-10 squad that made the Elite 8. Still hating?

I have a low Rivals IQ, are the other school specific sites filled with sychophant respects like Raygun and DScott or are we just lucky?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: January 16, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »
F Raygun.  I take that nickname back. 

From now on, he is to be referred to by his boring ass name.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: January 16, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
Still Hating???

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Hoops Status/Wall/Twitter/Facebook Post Thread
« Reply #4180 on: January 16, 2013, 12:45:03 PM »
So far, burnitdown has been accurate on their predictions.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: January 16, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »

smart bastards.  lucky too. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: January 16, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »

that's the best part in the whole saga.  we know what each step will be and it's happening right on time.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: January 16, 2013, 01:20:55 PM »
burnitdown hedged their bets by saying this year would be great. nothing that happens this season affects burnitdown. smart play, imo.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: January 16, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »
That's not a hedged bet.  That is looking at a virtually unchanged roster with rod and JO as a senior and a Angel with a year on campus.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Hoops Status/Wall/Twitter/Facebook Post Thread
« Reply #4185 on: January 16, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »
We just said oscar would do oscar and tucks would do tucks and forget that oscar is gonna eventually full oscar while they're celebrating the quarter oscar
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 16, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »
burnitdown hedged their bets by saying this year would be great. nothing that happens this season affects burnitdown. smart play, imo.

yeah, currently oscar haters and oscar lovers are off to equally impressive starts

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 16, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
That's not a hedged bet.  That is looking at a virtually unchanged roster with rod and JO as a senior and a Angel with a year on campus.

while ignoring the team having to learn an entirely new coaching staff and their philosophy.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
oscar will suck ... eventually ... just wait.  So, naturally, we should BURN IT ALL DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!!

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 16, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
Probably should let the season play itself out before assessing who is winning so far. We got our ass kicked by 2 of the 3 good teams (still don't know about Okie lite) we've played so far this season (not saying at all this is oscar's fault).

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 16, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
Probably should let the season play itself out before assessing who is winning so far. We got our ass kicked by 2 of the 3 good teams (still don't know about Okie lite) we've played so far this season (not saying at all this is oscar's fault).

No need to wait.  Team #burnitdown can't possibly lose.  That's the beauty of the strategy.  If we have a good season, it was because of Frank's players.  If we have a bad season, it was because of oscar.  In no scenario does oscar get credit for anything. 

I think the only way #burnitdown loses is if oscar were to win a Conference Title or go to the Final 4, or something.     

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 16, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »

No need to wait.  Team #burnitdown can't possibly lose.  That's the beauty of the strategy.  If we have a good season, it was because of Frank's players.  If we have a bad season, it was because of oscar.  In no scenario does oscar get credit for anything. 

I think the only way #burnitdown loses is if oscar were to win a Conference Title or go to the Final 4, or something.   

I'm not sure that winning a conference title or going to the final four this year would do it for me anyway.  It might, but oscar did that once at Illinois, but I don't think I'd call his tenure a success.

#burnitdown is based on an opinion that oscar Weber will not have sustained success at K-State.  You are right that this year has little impact on the members of #TBID either way. If in year 3, 4, and 5 we are still going to NCAA tournaments, then #TBID will have very few, if any, members.  Maybe it is a cop out that it doesn't have a short term resolution, but it is a long term situation.  Eventually we will either be proven right or wrong, but it would have had to be an absolute dumpster fire right away instead of a slow spiral to mediocrity in order to prove #TBID right immediately.
:adios:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »

#burnitdown is based on an opinion that oscar Weber will not have sustained success at K-State.  You are right that this year has little impact on the members of #TBID either way. If in year 3, 4, and 5 we are still going to NCAA tournaments, then #TBID will have very few, if any, members.  Maybe it is a cop out that it doesn't have a short term resolution, but it is a long term situation.  Eventually we will either be proven right or wrong, but it would have had to be an absolute dumpster fire right away instead of a slow spiral to mediocrity in order to prove #TBID right immediately.

TBID is a comfortable boat to be in.  There's no downside.  If you're proven right, then you've won.  You correctly proved the demise of the program and can say "I told you so," while the rest of us will be tuck losers who stood idly by and watched chicken nuggets destroy what TBID worked so hard to cultivate during the Frank years.  But, if you're proven wrong, nobody will give a crap.  TBID will just fade away and its members will happily jump back on the bandwaggon, and buy their tickets and merchandise and enjoy basketball without any acknowledgment that they were insufferable bitches during the ride. 

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 16, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
You guys have no idea what burn it down is.  If you think oscar will have short terms success, but longterm failure, that does not make you a BIDer.  That makes you a poster on goEMAW.  Literally every single poster on this board thinks that.  The thing that separates the faction is what you hope will happen despite your best logic telling you that it's unlikely.  Burn-it-downers hope for immediate spectacular failure so oscar will get canned and we can start it over right away.  The otherside (Team oscar I guess, though I don't really like that) hopes for success to sustain beyond a couple of years.  Both groups think their hopes are unlikely.  Burn it down is failing right now.  After a few years BID will be dead, because the whole premise behind BID is immediate failure.  If its a long term failure, everybody was right, but nobody got what they wanted.  Lesson end.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 16, 2013, 05:47:29 PM »
#burnburnitdowndown

lol just kidding, guyz.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hoops Status/Wall/Twitter/Facebook Post Thread
« Reply #4195 on: January 16, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »
You guys have no idea what burn it down is.  If you think oscar will have short terms success, but longterm failure, that does not make you a BIDer.  That makes you a poster on goEMAW.  Literally every single poster on this board thinks that.  The thing that separates the faction is what you hope will happen despite your best logic telling you that it's unlikely.  Burn-it-downers hope for immediate spectacular failure so oscar will get canned and we can start it over right away.  The otherside (Team oscar I guess, though I don't really like that) hopes for success to sustain beyond a couple of years.  Both groups think their hopes are unlikely.  Burn it down is failing right now.  After a few years BID will be dead, because the whole premise behind BID is immediate failure.  If its a long term failure, everybody was right, but nobody got what they wanted.  Lesson end.

Yeah, the only real BID hope was immediate failure if they really wanted BID to happen. Unless oscar repeats his final year at Illinois in the next couple years, we're looking at 3 more oscar years minimum. And everybody knows this.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: January 16, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
#TBID as I originally interpreted it in April was that after the Weber hire we wanted the Dallas hotel that John Currie was doing his coaching search in burnt to the ground because he hired a shitty basketball coach that will cause the downfall of our basketball program.  I never had any expectation that he would get fired soon, and I like 'Cats hoops way too much to root for a season like Illinois' last year, which was just about the only way oscar would have been fired quickly.
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 16, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »
I bet team burnitdown or whatever didn't expect to beat Florida.

Or maybe they did.  Which puts them in the unique position this season to say "SEE WE TOLD YOU SO!" no matter what happens.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:33 PM »

while ignoring the team having to learn an entirely new coaching staff and their philosophy.

Waaaayyyy overrated, even more so when you spend the better part of 3 months playing teams in the bottom third

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: January 16, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
I bet team burnitdown or whatever didn't expect to beat Florida.

Or maybe they did.  Which puts them in the unique position this season to say "SEE WE TOLD YOU SO!" no matter what happens.

Not a BIDer but in my eyes losing all of the good non con games would have been unacceptable.  I don't buy in to the "well they don't have any bad losses" argument that people are using for ISU.  It's a losers philosophy and just biding time, horribly low expectations.