Author Topic: My game recap  (Read 950 times)

Offline KSU Scott

• Fan
    • View Profile
My game recap
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
long-time lurker, first time poster

To say I was looking forward to this game would be an understatement.  Bought 2 courtside tickets the day they went on sale in March.  Needless to say, I was disappointed in the outcome. 

Random thoughts and musing from the game in no particular order:

1) We thought our team was deep.  Duke is deep.  The guard depth was quite impressive.

2) I knew we were in a long game when Wally missed a dunk in the pregame warm-ups.  Well, that and about a hundred other things.

3) Great game Curtis. 

4) Nick Russell would of had a great game were it not for foul trouble.  His shot looked very good last night.  I'm excited for the team if he continues to improve.

5) Freddy Asprilla - I would take Luis back in a heartbeat.

6) I was surprised to see that Duke actually missed 7 free throws....it seemed like every one went in.

7) Dick Vitale - is it any wonder the guy has an ego they way he is treated as the messiah by (all) fans when he strolls onto the court.

8) We just turned the ball over again.

9) Jacob Pullen will have nightmares about Kyrie Irving for the next week.

10) It's only November.  What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. 

Rant complete.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: My game recap
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »

why?

Offline KSU Scott

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »

why?

I hope to eventually regret my comment, but I was simply under the impression that Freddy was going to provide some instant low post offense.  Thru 5 games, he's averaging about 3.5 pts and 3 fouls.  If the offense is not going to be there, I'd prefer Luis as a result of his D.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 10:38:16 AM »

why?

I hope to eventually regret my comment, but I was simply under the impression that Freddy was going to provide some instant low post offense.  Thru 5 games, he's averaging about 3.5 pts and 3 fouls.  If the offense is not going to be there, I'd prefer Luis as a result of his D.

Agree with this.

Plus Luis had the intimidation factor going on.  Asprilla just plays like a puss.