Author Topic: "Green" Energy  (Read 8732 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Green" Energy
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
You guys are right. We should just get rid of all of our hydro, nuclear, and wind power and use nothing but coal and oil for energy. Then we would have air quality as poor as China and health care and entitlement costs would go down because our life expectancy would be about 60.

We should do whatever costs less and do our best to make it as clean as possible.  Pretty sure you could have a gerbil run on a wheel and create energy, it's renewable, but a stupid idea.

We need to stop acting like the current output of smoke in the US is like a campfire in a closet and realize its more like a matchstick in the Jerry Dome.  What happened to "plant a tree"?  Have we given up on the Rainforest and the Ozone?  

It's ironic that libs create a "Fear Rally" all while continuing to create phony crisis' to push they're useless agenda.  :flush:  The sooner you realize it's all just a grab for power and to make people behave how they want, the sooner you'll realize how useless being a lib is.

Isn't that what we are currently doing? Most renewable energy projects are actually powered by baseline coal power production. It's only retards (on both sides) who think that green power is going to eliminate the need for fossil fuels. Clean air is a good thing. Sometimes you get what you pay for, Sugar Dick.

libs are complaining about what we're currently doing, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

I thought this thread was complaining about what we are currently doing, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). You shouldn't fight green energy. You should invest your money into it. It's not going to go away.

Are there any green energy companies that make money without government subsidies?

to be fair this could be said about many different industries
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »
Imo, the future of green energy isn't mass production, but on small levels.  Making solar and wind affordable and feasible for homes and businesses to install for their own use. 

Won't happen until the aesthetics and initial investment/rate of return issues are addressed better.  There is progress in the right directions, but it is still a ways off.

Buildings accounts for a very high percentage of the nations energy in keeping the lights on and the heat/ac running.  Making products that can be incorporated into the building itself that will help offset this at the building level is where the alternative energy innovators should focus, imo.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »
Demand for oil will flat line before we run out of it.  Just a "FWIW"
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
Gotta cut carbon emmissons bro...have to.

if you wanna make some money, invest in the carbon sequestration project of your choice...except deep water sequestration below 4000 m <----that crap is stupid :pushesupglasses:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
Carbon trading has gone out of business.  As fatty would say.... "free market"

http://orangepunch.ocregister.com/2010/11/10/carbon-market-goes-out-of-business-not-before-al-gore-makes-millions/37168/

who said anything about carbon trading?  Carbon emissions need to be cut (which is different that buying offsetting credits)...that is the point of green energy btw.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
"Green Energy" has been a boon to foreign "green energy" capital goods companies . . . and they in turn are putting U.S. based "green energy" capital goods companies out of business.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 07:15:27 AM »
weird thread

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 07:32:43 AM »
Carbon trading has gone out of business.  As fatty would say.... "free market"

http://orangepunch.ocregister.com/2010/11/10/carbon-market-goes-out-of-business-not-before-al-gore-makes-millions/37168/

who said anything about carbon trading?  Carbon emissions need to be cut (which is different that buying offsetting credits)...that is the point of green energy btw.

Apparently the poster in the post you quoted said something about carbon trading.  It's right there in black and white.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »

link thx.  Sounds interesting.

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 09:30:25 AM »
Carbon trading has gone out of business.  As fatty would say.... "free market"

who said anything about carbon trading?  Carbon emissions need to be cut (which is different that buying offsetting credits)...that is the point of green energy btw.

Apparently the poster in the post you quoted said something about carbon trading.  It's right there in black and white.

my bad...thought you were responding to me.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 11:12:37 AM »

Carbon emissions need to be cut (which is different that buying offsetting credits)...that is the point of green energy btw.

Then I suggest you quit breathing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

Carbon emissions need to be cut (which is different that buying offsetting credits)...that is the point of green energy btw.

This is my favorite!  :shy:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 11:59:06 AM »
You guys are right. We should just get rid of all of our hydro, nuclear, and wind power and use nothing but coal and oil for energy. Then we would have air quality as poor as China and health care and entitlement costs would go down because our life expectancy would be about 60.

What happened to "plant a tree"?

Businesses planting trees is a good example of green design. Now you're getting it! Trees are bad in arid environments, though, because they consume too much water.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
plant a cactus!

Sugar Dick

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »

Also, no more farting

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

Also, no more farting

so do you think that we dont need to cut carbon emissions? what exactly do you think?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 01:33:34 PM »

Also, no more farting

so do you think that we dont need to cut carbon emissions? what exactly do you think?

It's a good idea, but not one that needs legislated.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »

link thx.  Sounds interesting.
Sorry bro, all in my head.  I'm going to make billions off this.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »

Also, no more farting

thats is fair...I guess I dont think that I trust us enough to just do it on our own.

Also I see it as an opportunity to spark our interests into being less dependent on oil and coal.  You know, natural resources, that we have a finite amount of...

Sugar Dick

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »

Also, no more farting

I'm a full-fledged Darwinist.  I believe that regardless of the amount of carbon emissions the world and the human race will adapt.  Those that don't will die and eventually turn into more oil.  :pbj:

I'm also very liberal and think people should be allowed to do whatever they want, regardless of how irresponsible, including emitting unbridled amounts of carbon emissions as long as they aren't a corporation.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »

Also, no more farting

thats is fair...I guess I dont think that I trust us enough to just do it on our own.

Also I see it as an opportunity to spark our interests into being less dependent on oil and coal.  You know, natural resources, that we have a finite amount of...

Also, if it is just the US and a few Euro countries destroying their economies to cut emissions, it will have ZERO affect on the environment. Companies will simply move their manufacturing to countries without any controls, making the environment even worse.

Rather than punishing everyone while pushing manufacturing and jobs offshore, we should have incentives for evil corporations to voluntarily cut emissions.

Offline mjrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »

Also, no more farting

No reason to cut carbon emissions at all.

There is no evidence they do anything harmful to the planet.

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »

Also, no more farting

I'm a full-fledged Darwinist.  I believe that regardless of the amount of carbon emissions the world and the human race will adapt.  Those that don't will die and eventually turn into more oil.  :pbj:

I'm also very liberal and think people should be allowed to do whatever they want, regardless of how irresponsible, including emitting unbridled amounts of carbon emissions as long as they aren't a corporation.

That is all good stuff.  Gotta love Darwin, me thinks he is the man too. 

I get the stuff about people's liberties as well.  I do think that we should have a bit more of a social contract when it comes to things that could potentially harm society.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »
AGW is a hoax. There, I said it and we can all move on.