Author Topic: Big 12 Coach of the Year  (Read 10329 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 Coach of the Year
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
I think Martin should win COY if he finishes 2nd in the Big 12 and gets a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »
Self deserves it at this point.  He has destroyed the conference.

How Turgeon has convinced everyone he has sh*tty talent, I have no idea.
you know where i got this stupid thread and it's dumb construct, don't be a dumbass.

Hey, not directed at you.  It was just a general observo, don't be a dumbass.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
Drew??   :dunno: More with less??  :dunno:

Demond Carter PG  **** 5-10 167 -  Reserve, LA
Josh Lomers C  **** 7-0 250 -  Boerne, TX
Djibril Thiam SF  **** 6-8 210 -  Dakar, Senegal, OU
LaceDarius Dunn SG  **** 6-4 190 5.9   Monroe, LA
Fred Ellis SF  *** 6-7 190 -   Sacramento, CA
Delbert Simpson PF  ** 6-7 218 -   Tyler, TX
Quincy Acy PF **** 6-7 205 5.8  Mesquite, TX
Anthony Jones SF  **** 6-9 185 5.9  Houston, TX
Artem Valov PF  6-9 ***245 -   Poplar Bluff, MO
Kendall Wright PG   NR 5-11 163 -  Pittsburg, TX
Givon Crump SF *** 6-6 210 -   Wolfeboro, NH
Nolan Dennis SG  ****6-5 185 -  North Richland Hills, TX
Cory Jefferson PF  **** 6-8 180 -   Killeen, TX
Mark McLaughlin SG  ****6-5 175 5.8   New Hampton, NH
Dragan Sekelja C   NR 7-0 245 -   Zagreb, Croatia, OU
A.J. Walton PG  *** 6-0 175 -   Little Rock, AR

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »
Call me a homer if you want, but Martin should really be the frontrunner at this point.  I'd like to see either him or Drew get it.  Self may be a great coach, but he's doing what he was expected to do.  To me, COY is about exceeding expectations, and no one has done that more than Frank.

Offline Louises West

• WannaBe'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »
if self goes undefeated in the deepest big 12 ever how does he not win it?

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »

He was expected to.  What has he done this year that was above and beyond national expectations?  I'm in no way bashing Self, just expressing my point of view.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »

He was expected to.  What has he done this year that was above and beyond national expectations?  I'm in no way bashing Self, just expressing my point of view.

So you expected KU to go 40-0 this season and beat every team on the schedule?  Nice. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »
the difference in the big 12 this year is the garbage teams aren't as garbage as they were 5 years ago.  The big 12 is full of teams that would have finished 4/5th ish over the last 5-6 years.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 08:52:33 PM »

So you expected KU to go 40-0 this season and beat every team on the schedule?  Nice. 

Any coach who goes undefeated in the conference SHOULD win COTY.  

If KU loses a game, and if Mizzou finishes 3rd or better, I'd go with Anderson.....it's about how well you did versus what you were predicted to do.

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »

of course not.  I'm saying they started off the season at no. 1, so where can you go from there?  Martin started the season unranked and we are now top 10.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »

of course not.  I'm saying they started off the season at no. 1, so where can you go from there?  Martin started the season unranked and we are now top 10.
this is a great point.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »
Really overlooking what Capel has done without Blake.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »

He was expected to.  What has he done this year that was above and beyond national expectations?  I'm in no way bashing Self, just expressing my point of view.

So you expected KU to go 40-0 this season and beat every team on the schedule?  Nice.  
of course not.  I'm saying they started off the season at no. 1, so where can you go from there?  Martin started the season unranked and we are now top 10.
this is a great point.

If Self doesn't get it this season, then it will mean that ku has choked down the stretch.  We should hope for that, but saying Frank has already filled out his resume and is the heir apparent is wrong.  Ku has won every tough game so far and is odds on favorites to take home another NCAA trophy.  Self has cajoled McD all-american after McD all-american with piles of illicit money and Mike Coreleone dead whore in a dorm room antics to turn down NBA millions so that they can pay off their debt in the labor camp full of indentured servants known as Jayhawk Towers/AFH.

Wtf has Frank done?  Hosted his first College Gameday and Big Monday?  BFD.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »

He was expected to.  What has he done this year that was above and beyond national expectations?  I'm in no way bashing Self, just expressing my point of view.

So you expected KU to go 40-0 this season and beat every team on the schedule?  Nice.  
of course not.  I'm saying they started off the season at no. 1, so where can you go from there?  Martin started the season unranked and we are now top 10.
this is a great point.

If Self doesn't get it this season, then it will mean that ku has choked down the stretch.  We should hope for that, but saying Frank has already filled out his resume and is the heir apparent is wrong.  Ku has won every tough game so far and is odds on favorites to take home another NCAA trophy.  Self has cajoled McD all-american after McD all-american with piles of illicit money and Mike Coreleone dead whore in a dorm room antics to turn down NBA millions so that they can pay off their debt in the labor camp full of indentured servants known as Jayhawk Towers/AFH.

Nothing can trump the made up school that Self created to get the Morris twins eligible then literally folded the next day.

That is spectacular.  Just a masterpiece.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 01:38:24 AM »
lol. apex... its embarrassing for ku.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »
Self deserves it at this point.  He has destroyed the conference.

How Turgeon has convinced everyone he has sh*tty talent, I have no idea.
you know where i got this stupid thread and it's dumb construct, don't be a dumbass.

Hey, not directed at you.  It was just a general observo, don't be a dumbass.

Haskin did this agian today in the TCJ.  Calliing A&M's players "what-a-burger all-Texans" .   

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »

"Exceeding expecations" ain't the criteria for COTY.  If it were, you'd have to put Bzdilek in the conversation. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

this is a great point.

Nothing can trump the made up school that Self created to get the Morris twins eligible then literally folded the next day.

That is spectacular.  Just a masterpiece.
More detail please.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »

"Exceeding expecations" ain't the criteria for COTY.  If it were, you'd have to put Bzdilek in the conversation. 

So you're saying that a guy who takes an unranked, young team that was expected to finish 5-6 in the B12 to being top 10 and looking at a 2-3 seed doesn't deserve COY?

Hooookay.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »
If we win out frank will get it.

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 01:54:35 PM »
Really overlooking what Capel has done without Blake.
fo realz? Thought they were underachieving this year..

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
lol. apex... its embarrassing for ku.

Yeah... when I watch Marcus Morris put up 18 points and 7 rebounds against Texas, all I can think about is the fact that he went to some sh*tty prep school on the East coast. 

:jerk:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
So you're saying that a guy who takes an unranked, young team that was expected to finish 5-6 in the B12 to being top 10 and looking at a 2-3 seed doesn't deserve COY?

Hooookay.

Its all relative.

We were predicted to finish 4th, and we'll likely finish 2nd.  That's impressive and good.

But this is one the toughest years ever for the Big 12, and KU has a shot to go undefeated.  Even though they were preseason #1 and picked to win the league, by most people going undefeated and winning this league will likely trump what Martin does this year.  And if Drew manages to get Baylor to the Top 4 of the league, that may even trump a 2nd place finish by us.  

I understand your point, but if we go 12-4 and finish 2nd all by ourselves, its far from a slam dunk for Frank to be COY.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 02:20:58 PM »

"Exceeding expecations" ain't the criteria for COTY.  If it were, you'd have to put Bzdilek in the conversation.  

Hooookay.

we are anything but 'young' and we were exected to finish 3rd or 4th according to the coaches preseason poll

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »

"Exceeding expecations" ain't the criteria for COTY.  If it were, you'd have to put Bzdilek in the conversation.  

Hooookay.

we are anything but 'young' and we were exected to finish 3rd or 4th according to the coaches preseason poll

We're fifth in the conference in average class per minute.  So we're kind of the teenagers of Big 12 basketball teams.