Author Topic: On the bright side...  (Read 1665 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
On the bright side...
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »
...Oklahoma State is the 3rd best offense in yards/game and points/game in the country, as opposed to Baylor at #5 and #20.

Should be a solid 2 weeks of meltdowning. Then we've got Mizzou a couple of weeks later, who look like their running game is custom made to break all sorts of records against us, and who also probably have the best defense we'll have seen.

If K-State somehow finds a way to beat Texas, Colorado, and North Texas, this is going to be the strangest 8-4 ever.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:01:51 AM by slimz »

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: On the bright side...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
...Oklahoma State is the 3rd best offense in yards/game and points/game in the country, as opposed to Baylor at #5 and #20.

Should be a solid 2 weeks of meltdowning. Then we've got Mizzou a couple of weeks later, who look like their running game is custom made to break all sorts of records against us, and who also probably have the best defense we'll have seen.

If K-State somehow finds a way to beat Texas, Colorado, and Baylor, this is going to be the strangest 8-4 ever.

:facepalm:
Revise and resubmit

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:18 AM »
Here's my one and only "hfbiq" comment on goEMAW.com

Our 1 advantage over OSU is the return game.  They are sorry at kick coverage.  No reason we can't make the game close through special teams.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »

Our 1 advantage over OSU is the return game.  They are sorry at kick coverage.  No reason we can't make the game close through special teams.

Ronnie Ball  :pbj:

play crapty defense and hope the return game saves you

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »

If K-State somehow finds a way to beat Texas, Colorado, and Baylor, this is going to be the strangest 8-4 ever.

:facepalm:
Revise and resubmit

Whoops.  Got my green-clad Texas teams mixed up.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

Looks like Vegas is expecting a close shootout...think I saw lines at OSU -4.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »
I think our D will have, what appears to be, a WTF game in that they slow down Okie Lite's high powered O (in reality they are the same but Okie lites O is full of suck for today). We don't win because Carson Coffman comes back to earth and throws 3 or 4 picks.
RIP Fatty

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
The only way we win is they are unable to score on a drive due to the clock running out in the 2nd and 4th Q.  If we have to punt once, we lose.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 11:51:22 AM »
The only way we win is they are unable to score on a drive due to the clock running out in the 2nd and 4th Q.  If we have to punt once, we lose.
Surely you're not suggesting the pattern set in Waco will hold true with Okie State.  I kept hoping Baylor would have an offensive possession that didn't result in a score.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »
I'm hoping for a career ending injury to either hartman or hrebec.  If we have to get raped by three of our next five opponents we don't deserve to have to watch either of those eff ups play for k-state ever again.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 12:14:58 PM »
I think our D will have, what appears to be, a WTF game in that they slow down Okie Lite's high powered O (in reality they are the same but Okie lites O is full of suck for today). We don't win because Carson Coffman comes back to earth and throws 3 or 4 picks.

I don't think there is any indication that this will happen with Coffman.  Now, he may have a game where he throws for under 50%, especially with an even more depleted WR corp, but I don't think he'll force enough balls to throw INTs.  I really wasn't that disappointed in his INT vs Baylor; he really wasn't forcing the throw and it sounded like we had guys open down field, the Baylor defender just closed quickly and got a hand on the ball.  He really hasn't thrown a terrible ball (with a chance to get picked) since the ISU game, and I don't think that will change.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »

I feel like if our D can force them to kickoff 9 or 10 times during the game we have a pretty good chance at "breaking" one of those for a touchdown.  Will that win the game for us?  Who knows.