Author Topic: Rekindling the previously kindled NEW COURT DESIGN discussion  (Read 137055 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rekindling the previously kindled NEW COURT DESIGN discussion
« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2011, 06:41:19 AM »
I haven't weighed in yet, and I'm not quite sure I care enough to do so now.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 31, 2011, 07:24:45 AM »
I'd take an Oregon type Court but with wheat around the outside in a second....if we had thought of it first.  But we didn't so this is fine by me.

Would love to see us do something similar, only instead of trees, it would be like a POV from a feed bunk with a bunch of cattle staring at you. We could call it "The lot".

This would be incredible. Get one of the feed companies to put their name on it and give K-State money.

First time trying double quotes in response to quote on tapatalk. Not sure how this will turn out.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »
we remotherfuckingkindled the crap out of this bitch.  take that, kstatefans.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 31, 2011, 10:40:55 AM »
goEMAW has become the premiere power player in this game.  Scooping other sites as usual.  Nothing to see here, folks.   :users:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 01, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
i am like it more as we get closer to hoops season

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »
Apparently the dark portion of the court was not supposed to be that extreme.  Also, the court darkens over time... so it won't get any better.   :cry: sorry dark-haters....

The practice courts in the new facility will be the same design but K-State will be going with a "lighter" stain inside the 3-point line like it was supposed to be in Bramlage. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »
wknk scooping faces today  :thumbs:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:39 AM »
so who made the mistake?  did anya pick out the wrong stain from the store.  or was it the floor's contructor?  can't it be restained?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 02, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »
Is a new gym floor actually that expensive?  I mean, hayseed western kansas high schools get new ones all the time. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 02, 2012, 09:53:03 AM »
I'm sure it was one of those "Oh yea sample looks good in this bright light I'm sure it will look just fine" ...to..."oh crap this is a lot darker than it was supposed to be o well players need to play and coaches need to coach we'll just roll with it."

With our basketball budget....a new floor is a pretty big expense.

I really wish I could explain how awesome this facility will be for the program.  The locker rooms in Bramlage are a few steps below Hayseed Western Kansas lockers rooms.  If I was a recruit...I would walk in a laugh.

Pretty  :embarrassed: guys....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 02, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
I'm sure it was one of those "Oh yea sample looks good in this bright light I'm sure it will look just fine" ...to..."oh crap this is a lot darker than it was supposed to be o well players need to play and coaches need to coach we'll just roll with it."

I really wish I could explain how awesome this facility will be for the program.  The locker rooms in Bramlage are a few steps below Hayseed Western Kansas lockers rooms.  If I was a recruit...I would walk in a laugh.

It's not the expense, its the fact that until the new practice facility is built they can't ship off the floor for 2 or 3 weeks to get re-finished.   Getting the floor re-finished is not that expensive in light of $100 million dollars spent or about to be spent on athletic facilities.  Michigan's new floor as I recall is probably the best example of what ours should look like. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 02, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »

It's not the expense, its the fact that until the new practice facility is built they can't ship off the floor for 2 or 3 weeks to get re-finished.   Getting the floor re-finished is not that expensive in light of $100 million dollars spent or about to be spent on athletic facilities.  Michigan's new floor as I recall is probably the best example of what ours should look like.

Right...but until now Basketball hasn't received jack crap for money.  The current locker rooms have not been touched since Martin has been at K-State.  I mean 6+ year old Gatorade and sweat stains on the carpet are pretty disgusting. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 02, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »
Um, while I agree the dressing rooms at Bramlage are inadequate, and its good that they are going to be relegated to primarily game day usage.  I believe they have had at least a handful of upgrades since Huggins and Martin have shown up.   

I also believe they completely overhauled the basketball weightroom in the indoor facility across the parking lot when Huggins arrived.   That's actually a pretty sweet set up, because they can use the indoor facility for agility drills and then walk right into their weight room.   Of course the practice facility will be much better.

You can blame Tim Weiser for all the foot dragging on the practice facility, but be happy kids, according to K-State Athletics IRS Form, "The Weiser Way" picked up a $300K payment from K-State athletics in FY 2011 . . . thanks Jon Wefald.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
I would love to punch jon wefald in the face

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 02, 2012, 11:45:18 AM »
Why don't they just put the existing floor in the practice facility and put one of the practice facility floors in the OOD? 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »
Why don't they just put the existing floor in the practice facility and put one of the practice facility floors in the OOD?

i don't know, belvis, why don't they?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 02, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »

:thumbs:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 02, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 02, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »

I'm just going to guess that the two courts in the practice facility are made to be one "giant" court...not two separate courts.  Further, the one in the Bram is probably custom built to fit the space along the sidelines and to the tunnel, and I'm sure the dimensions of the practice facility are different.

JMT.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 02, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

As a current floor hater, I approve of this plan.

I feel validated that the dark wood was indeed a mistake.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 02, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »

I'm just going to guess that the two courts in the practice facility are made to be one "giant" court...not two separate courts.  Further, the one in the Bram is probably custom built to fit the space along the sidelines and to the tunnel, and I'm sure the dimensions of the practice facility are different.

JMT.

Dims are definitely different, and yes there will be a garage door thing between the two gyms that allow them to combine/divide spaces.

Just be glad we aren't the school that mis-measured the space and couldn't fit the practice courts in.  That would be just absolutely embarrassing. 

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 02, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »

JMT.

Dims are definitely different, and yes there will be a garage door thing between the two gyms that allow them to combine/divide spaces.

Just be glad we aren't the school that mis-measured the space and couldn't fit the practice courts in.  That would be just absolutely embarrassing. 

did that happen?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 02, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »

JMT.

did that happen?

Yes...to more than one Div 1 basketball team.

Offline BleedingPurple7

• Fan
  • The nearest exit may be behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 02, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
The floor in Bram is meant to be removed for other events. I'm sure the practice facility is a permanent floor.