Author Topic: Facilities question (calling Dax...)  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Facilities question (calling Dax...)
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
Aside from the $50 million just approved by the KBOR, wasn't there another request approved for amenities in the East Side Upper Deck that was lumped in with the future renovation of Old Stadium to become the center for Campus recruiting?  If I remember right, this was several months ago.

Or am I just imagining this?

Which would mean that KSU is looking at $50 million plus, right?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Facilities question (calling Dax...)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
Did see something about how the school was looking at securing another 20 mil or so for the project but I'm not aware what it was for.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »
it is part of the $20 mill for the Practice facility. If you look at the pics of the facility you can see the east side improvements that include two tower like building for the upper deck bath rooms and ground building improvements.
RIP Fatty

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »
Pretty sure the 20mil for the practice facility is totally seperate from the 50 mil for the football stuff.  Seems like I read somewhere that 50 would be bonds, 20 (basketball) was private, and the wanted to raise an additional 20 for the football stuff.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 07:56:26 PM »
it is part of the $20 mill for the Practice facility. If you look at the pics of the facility you can see the east side improvements that include two tower like building for the upper deck bath rooms and ground building improvements.

No, I'm not sure that's it.

There was another bond approval, but I can't find it on Google.  It was just a random mish-mash of stuff thrown together.  Upper deck bathrooms were a part of it.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
it is part of the $20 mill for the Practice facility. If you look at the pics of the facility you can see the east side improvements that include two tower like building for the upper deck bath rooms and ground building improvements. The bonds are for for the westside football improvements including expanded press box/suites.

There was another bond approval, but I can't find it on Google.  It was just a random mish-mash of stuff thrown together.  Upper deck bathrooms were a part of it.

for 100% sure that the $20 mill is for the Practice Facility and east side bathrooms and other improvements.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:13:29 PM by stormnut »
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
it is part of the $20 mill for the Practice facility. If you look at the pics of the facility you can see the east side improvements that include two tower like building for the upper deck bath rooms and ground building improvements. The bonds are for for the westside football improvements including expanded press box/suites.

for 100% sure that the $20 mill is for the Practice Facility and east side bathrooms and other improvements.

this is correct

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
They are trying to raise $17 million in private funds for a new student recruitment center that will go into the East Stadium right next to the alumni center.   That's where admissions etc. etc. would be re-located to.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »
15 mil for the practice facility 5 mil for east side restrooms and other improvements.
RIP Fatty

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 08:22:58 PM »

There was another bond approval, but I can't find it on Google.  It was just a random mish-mash of stuff thrown together.  Upper deck bathrooms were a part of it.

this is correct

Alright then.  Thanks for the clarification.

Loving the ability to pee without going downstairs.  Looking forward to that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:56:57 PM by Panjandrum »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »
Steve Dave!!!  :runaway:  Seriously though, the 20 mil in private donations isn't just for the practice facility?  That's (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay).  What is the 50 for then?  I thought that money was for the football stuff.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
Steve Dave!!!  :runaway:  Seriously though, the 20 mil in private donations isn't just for the practice facility?  That's (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay).  What is the 50 for then?  I thought that money was for the football stuff.

Dude, there are more projects going on than you are following.

The $50 million is for mostly West Side of BSFS to enhance revenue producing via luxury boxes, etc.

There is the $20 million basketball practice facility.

There is the other funds ($20 million) for the East Side of BSFS to do the restrooms plus other stuff for the recruitment center and so forth at the old stadium.

Sam S.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »
 :flush:

50 is for just the west side. May get to much more than 50 actually :crossfingers:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 08:57:45 PM »
Ok, that's what I thought.  I misunderstood what the other dood said about the 20 for the east side stuff.  Now I feel better.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »

The $50 million is for mostly West Side of BSFS to enhance revenue producing via luxury boxes, etc.

There is the other funds ($20 million) for the East Side of BSFS to do the restrooms plus other stuff for the recruitment center and so forth at the old stadium.

Sam S.

Now I'm confused.  There's another $20 million project? So I was initially right in thinking there were three?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
Yeah.  20 b-ball.  50 west side of BSFS, 20 mil east side of BSFS/recruiting center.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »

Sam S.

Now I'm confused.  There's another $20 million project? So I was initially right in thinking there were three?

Just rest assured that lots of money is being thrown at crap we need
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
Yeah.  20 b-ball.  50 west side of BSFS, 20 mil east si :flush: :bball:de of BSFS/recruiting center.

20 mil for practice facility bathrooms on east side
50+ mil for westside BSFS improvements.
17 mill for east stadium improvements.
? Mil for new indoor practice facility across from Vanier (Bill wants these very very bad)
RIP Fatty

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
I'm so rough ridin' confused now.  Can we at least confirm that the b-ball practice facility will be sufficiently badass?  It sounds like BSFS will have plenty of money.  What's wrong with the current f-ball practice facility?  Can't we just upgrade the existing facilities there?

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 09:40:12 PM »
I'm so rough ridin' confused now.  Can we at least confirm that the b-ball practice facility will be sufficiently badass?  It sounds like BSFS will have plenty of money.  What's wrong with the current f-ball practice facility?  Can't we just upgrade the existing facilities there?

problem with current facility is it is not connected with Vanier and the other support facilities. Players have to walk or ride in the back of trucks geared up and do the same back.
RIP Fatty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

You're perpetually confused because you're a complete mongoloid.  

Snyder wants a  new practice facility across from Vanier, with a bridge and a new indoor practice facility and new field turf practice fields.   He also wants a training table built right next to Vanier, and in fact, he's even decided that he now hates how Vanier is laid out . . . but he's the reason it is the way it is (I bet that will make you mad to won't it powerespect mongoloid??) because he couldn't be bothered with getting a completely new building, or having the existing building gutted and they start over 6 or 7 years ago.   He couldn't be bothered because he's an old fart who was stuck in his ways . . . and now, that's all going to have to go to the back of the line because Frank and Deb are getting there's, and Kirk Schulz wants his new palace pressbox and OB . . . well OB can wait.   They spent over $10 million on Vanier and did it just like Bill wanted it done last time, and now he's finally seen the light.   Oh and they want a recruiting center to host recruits in . . . they may get that as part of the new press box in a future phase.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »
True.  Any chance we can convert the old facility into an indoor baseball facility?  WSU just built one and it is badass.  I can't remember how tall the current f-ball practice facility is though...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 10:41:58 PM »
True.  Any chance we can convert the old facility into an indoor baseball facility?  WSU just built one and it is badass. 

No it isn't, it's no different than Brandenburry

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:43 PM »
The roof on the new indoor facility is much higher than Brandenbury.   I think the peak of the roof is something like 75 or 80 feet.  The new facility is like 137 yards long, and 78 yards wide.   You could easily put in a complete regulation baseball infield into the newer indoor facility, and you could easily practice long throwing from one end to the other.   Just sayin . . . having spent many a day insider Brandenbury, it's a crackerbox compared to the Football Indoor Facility.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 11:05:08 PM »
The roof on the new indoor facility is much higher than Brandenbury.   I think the peak of the roof is something like 75 or 80 feet.  The new facility is like 137 yards long, and 78 yards wide.   You could easily put in a complete regulation baseball infield into the newer indoor facility, and you could easily practice long throwing from one end to the other.   Just sayin . . . having spent many a day insider Brandenbury, it's a crackerbox compared to the Football Indoor Facility.

Dude I was comparing Brandenbury to WSU's facility, I quoted the post and everything, not sure how you missed that. 

Gene Stephenson has said they can't do much outfield work at their facility making how high the roof is of little significance.