Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457296 times)

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1075 on: July 11, 2010, 07:51:15 PM »
ebosshoops - Cannen Cunningham drawing Frank Martin, Tad Boyle and assts from Texas, Mizzou, Arizona State, gonzaga, Texas A&M and others.

If twitter would have been around at that time, would JW, TA, and DA been mentioned when they were at an event?  Hell, would have they been even recognized at an event? Or even invited?

did you not see Tad Boyle being mentioned?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 12, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »
In the update linked by yosh in the '12 thread mentioning our interest in Marcus Smart(Another wing! but at least he's a Top 50 wing), there's some interesting commentary on the 2 bigs we've been mentioned to be in contact with the most, Cunningham and Gipson:

"Cannen Cunningham, PF, Brandon Bass Elite- A thin, face-up four man, Cunningham moves with fluidity, has great hands and can really run the floor. He likes to catch on the baseline, square up his man and attack off of the dribble. A bonus is that he's a very good shooter and has legitimate range to the three point line. Overall, a productive guy but he's going to have to get much stronger and college coaches watching him indicated that they would like to see him compete a bit harder."

"Thomas Gipson, PF, Texas Bluechips- Gipson played the way he always does, with physicality and effort. A brute around the rim, he uses his long arms and desire to outwork guys on the glass and make them uncomfortable. An in the paint guy all the way, his ability to keep competing has helped him out."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 12, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 12, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »
wow, just destroyed.

Carolina head coach Roy Williams watched the 6-foot-10, 195-pound Chicago Perspectives forward put up 18 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals and 4 blocks in a 55-34 blowout victory Monday over Team Florida here at the Peach Jam.

don't know why zagoria called mean streets chicago perspectives.  he's weird.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 12, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
wow, just destroyed.

Carolina head coach Roy Williams watched the 6-foot-10, 195-pound Chicago Perspectives forward put up 18 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals and 4 blocks in a 55-34 blowout victory Monday over Team Florida here at the Peach Jam.

don't know why zagoria called mean streets chicago perspectives.  he's weird.
Wow that is thin.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: July 12, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »
KSU missing out on Cook and Seagers = Delonte Hill is deadweight
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 12, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »
- Coach Martin was in the Dallas area this past weekend to check out several prospects at the Great American Shootout AAU tourney. Per a tweet from Eric Bossi, Martin was front and center to catch Cannen Cunningham in action. Cunningham had 17 and 11 for the BB Elite in a loss to the Galveston Hornets. Commentary from Bossi regarding Cunningham and another big we've been reported to be in close contact with, Thomas Gipson, pasted below:

"Cannen Cunningham, PF, Brandon Bass Elite- A thin, face-up four man, Cunningham moves with fluidity, has great hands and can really run the floor. He likes to catch on the baseline, square up his man and attack off of the dribble. A bonus is that he's a very good shooter and has legitimate range to the three point line. Overall, a productive guy but he's going to have to get much stronger and college coaches watching him indicated that they would like to see him compete a bit harder."

"Thomas Gipson, PF, Texas Bluechips- Gipson played the way he always does, with physicality and effort. A brute around the rim, he uses his long arms and desire to outwork guys on the glass and make them uncomfortable. An in the paint guy all the way, his ability to keep competing has helped him out."

- Martin was also there checking out 6'4" 205 '12 wing prospect Marcus Smart(Flower Mound, TX). Smart is a consensus Top 50 player in that class and some recruitniks think he has the potential to be a Top 10 guy if he can keep growing which would put at a more suitable size for his natural SF position. KSU, Baylor, and Marquette are reported to be the schools showing the most interest right now. Along with Torian Graham, that makes 2 Top 100 wings that our staff is known to be aggressively pursuing at this time.

"For the past couple of months, Marcus Smart has been on the shelf while he recovered from surgery. Saturday, the 6-foot-3 guard from Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus showed little, if any, signs of rust as he authored a virtuoso performance during a tough loss to the Houston Hoopstars.

Powerfully built, the junior to be is an intensely competitive guy who would probably run over his own mother for an important rebound. However, he's also pretty skilled with the ball. He ran the point for large stretches of the game and is armed with a devastating crossover and outstanding court vision.

While not in the mold of a high flyer, he's a strong kid who rebounds the ball at a ridiculous clip and defends. Bottom line, he's a guy that makes plays and he's totally and completely about winning.

He indicated that Kansas State, Baylor and Marquette were the three schools that had been the most aggressive with him and they all had head coaches on hand to see him Saturday."

- Moving back to the Class of '11, D'Angelo Harrison has continued his tear accross the AAU circuit. He put 47 in 1 game(33 in the 2nd half) at the Adidas Invitational last week and the follwoing excerpt is from a tourney that took place in the Chicago area this past weekend:

The Franchize All-Starz are clearly one of the most talented teams on the circuit, D'Angelo Harrison is one prospect that garners a lot of attention. The scoring guard is proving to be an absolute sniper from the outside, and he keeps racking up huge numbers in July.

Franchize played two games on Saturday, one against the Mac Irvin Fire and the other against Meanstreets. Both Chicago based teams were ready for Harrison and what he could do, but neither could come even close to stopping him.

Harrison has a natural ability to make shots. His coach gives him a green light to shoot when he feels necessary, and Harrison takes advantage of that by getting bucket after bucket. What Harrison does best is knock in shots from deep, and that is what he did in a big way on Saturday.

Most impressively Harrison makes shots without much help from his teammates. His pull-up three pointer off the dribble can be money, but also in catch and shoot situations he is just as lethal. While shooting the ball from deep is what he does best, Harrison also makes sure to attack the rim using his quickness.

While Harrison doesn't have the best handle for a guard, it is still above average, and his natural quickness allows him to beat his man and get into the lane. Once in the lane he knows how to creatively finish over taller players by using a floater or simply going all the way to the rim and scoring with a strong move.

In both games on Saturday, Harrison was well over 30 points, and each time Franchize really looked to him during the key moments of the game."

- Not to be outdone, Jerome Seagears, also played well at the Adidas Invitational and pasted below is a report on his game. Interestingly, there were 2 separate recruiting updates from Seagears last week, 1 from a national reporter and 1 from the Arizona Rivals site, and neither mentioned KSU. I hope that was an oversight:

"A jet quick point guard, Seagears can get overshadowed at times during the summer by his running mate Quinn Cook, but with Cook representing the USA in Germany, it is Seagers chance to run the show and he is making the most of it.

Seagears is a 6-foot-1 and loves to push the ball with pace, but he is more than just fast, he knows how to play. Against Brookwood, Seagears made solid decisions with the basketball, got his teammates involved, and also ran the show. More than anything though he flat out had it working from the field.

Scoring is something that comes naturally for Seagers and it is because he can do it in so many ways. Seagears is excellent in using ball screens, especially going to his right, and when he does get the screen he is threat to either get a paint touch off the drive or shoot it from deep. Either way it often resulted in a bucket. Also Seagears used the step back jumper as a weapon, and it was his performance that got D.C. Assault the victory."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 12, 2010, 09:16:29 PM »
martin, and perhaps another kstate coach are at the ny2la tourney in wisconsin.

teams playing include:  mokan, pray & play (formerly ks players), franchize as and kingdom hoops.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 12, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »
Lets sign some awesome players, Cat coaches.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 12, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »

teams playing include:  mokan, pray & play (formerly ks players), franchize as and kingdom hoops.

Wisconsin?  Does anyone who is EVER good at basketball play in Wisconsin? Is this some kind of church league that Frank is trying to find good "fit" players at or what, I just think he should be in brooklyn or houston or something, maybe at least Minneapolis... :dunno:
I'm purple down

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »

Wisconsin?  Does anyone who is EVER good at basketball play in Wisconsin? Is this some kind of church league that Frank is trying to find good "fit" players at or what, I just think he should be in brooklyn or houston or something, maybe at least Minneapolis... :dunno:

http://prephoopsassist.com/2010/05/25/top-20-grassrootsaau-basketball-clubs-05-25-2010/
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 12, 2010, 10:50:33 PM »
thebballreport :
Tenn, Louisville, Kansas, Kansas State, St. John's, Miami, Notre Dame, Cincinnati all checking out Celtics and Pray and Play.
Dream Vision vs. Franchize coming up. Lorenzo Romar, Rick Pitino and assistants from Marquette, Tennessee, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA, Cincinnati

Frank Martin just joined the party as well.

"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 13, 2010, 09:12:59 AM »

Latrell Sprewell.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 13, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »
Jack update from NYC hoops, we're in the hunt.

"As for Jack's interesting recruiting process, it seems like every few weeks, someone new gets into the equation. "My list is Texas, Kansas State, Kansas, St. John's, Rutgers, Memphis, Xavier, Miami, UConn, West Virginia, Arkansas and Arizona." He claims offers from all of the schools except for Texas, Kansas and Kansas State. He is still considering North Carolina and Kentucky, as well, but the other schools are his main focus. One thing is positive for Jack at the moment. "I will make my decision come September." His plan is to see which college coaches will show him the most interest and which schools will jump in this summer and then narrow it down. Jack has his plans set."

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101776

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 13, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
He's a 12 now right?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 13, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
He's a 12 now right?

No, he was orignally a '10 but decided to reclassify to '11 and go to prep school to improve his game and earn better offers(waiting on the EMAW offer no doubt   :crossfingers:).
If you're able to read his Rivals updates, it was really a pretty interesting saga regarding his decision to reclassify to '11.

Currently ranked 82nd nationally by Rivals in '11, profile linked below.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kadeem-Jack-84080
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:26:52 AM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25:07 PM »
New prospect, Adrian Diaz 7'0" 205 out of Hialeah, FL(Hialeah-Miami Lakes HS) runs AAU with Gold Coast. Member(s?) of our staff were on the scene at the Breakdown Hoops Festival in Miami area scouting Diaz and known '12 combo guard target Ian Baker. Positive commentary on both Diaz and Baker included in free report linked below.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1102580
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:34:05 PM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 13, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »
He's a 12 now right?

No, he was orignally a '10 but decided to reclassify to '11 and go to prep school to improve his game and earn better offers(waiting on the EMAW offer no doubt  :nono:).
If you're able to read his Rivals updates, it was really a pretty interesting saga regarding his decision to reclassify to '11.

Currently ranked 82nd nationally by Rivals in '11, profile linked below.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kadeem-Jack-84080

So we have to boot someone else to take him in 11? or do we have 1 left for 11?  sorry.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 13, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
So we have to boot someone else to take him in 11? or do we have 1 left for 11?  sorry.

there is 1 'ship left for '11, assuming lawrence gets an '11 ship.  however, jeffrey has indicated that the staff is looking at taking two.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 14, 2010, 09:36:42 AM »
odds we end up taking 3 in 11': 80% (if not higher)

if we have 3 scholarships available:
Omari gets a scholly: 75%
that scholly goes to someone else: 25%

if we only have 2 available:
odds Omari gets a scholly: 40%
that scholly goes to someone else:60%

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: July 14, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »

I cannot see any potential scenario where Frank does not put Omari on scholly. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 14, 2010, 10:06:50 AM »

I should have made the %'s more like 90% and 10% for Omari's scholly if we have 3 available.

If somehow we only have 2, and two better players are available, I could definitely see us taking them (as we should).

Looking at the %'s it's still less than a 10% chance Omari doesn't end up on scholarship.

I think the staff took Omari assuming that they'd have 3 scholarship's available for '11 all along. By far makes the most sense to me.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 14, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »

He sucks and/or is team cancer (hard-to-beat type) and/or is still fat and goes the way of Abdul, Buchi and the funny guy.  :dunno:

I guess you probably mean there's no way he continues on EMAW as a walk-on, but I think my scenario has a fair possibilty of coming true.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #1098 on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »

He sucks and/or is team cancer (hard-to-beat type) and/or is still fat and goes the way of Abdul, Buchi and the funny guy.  :dunno:

I guess you probably mean there's no way he continues on EMAW as a walk-on, but I think my scenario has a fair possibilty of coming true.
Yeah he seems like the type that could get caught up in the Manhattan lifestyle and stop caring so much for catsketball.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 14, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »
Top 13 at GASO from Texas Hoops. Not that it means a whole lot but Marcus Smart and Jordan Williams make the list but Cunningham and Gipson weren't included:

MARCUS SMART
Class: 2012
Height: 6-3
Position: SF
School/AAU team: Flower Mound Marcus HS/Texas Assault
Notable: It's hard to classify Smart's true position, because he plays all five of them quite well. Smart had one of his best games against the Galveston Hornets, where he had 27 points and 15 boards. Smart is one of those players who rarely make an error.

JORDAN WILLIAMS
Class: 2011
Height: 6-6
Position: SF
School/AAU team: The Colony HS/Dallas Mustangs
Notable: Williams recently joined the Mustangs, and in his short span, he has yet to disappoint. Williams showed an ability to score inside and out, and he made scouts look twice with his defensive play. Keep an eye on Williams in Las Vegas in a few days.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&mid=134919381&sid=889&tid=134919381&style=2&Override=1