Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457375 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #975 on: July 01, 2010, 03:27:36 PM »
Isn't Nino considered a SF?

yeah, WTF does that have to do with anything?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 01, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
when i think about nino, i think about the movie "new jack city" so maybe ksu cats basketball nino will film "hoops oh so pretty" on our campus in mhk

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 01, 2010, 03:51:43 PM »
4*, 98 overall, 106 is the cutoff ranking betwenn 4/3*

Boatright and Cunningham both also made a couple of considerable jumps(+25 spots). I know this staff hasn't oversigned in the fall period to date and I'm not a fan of doing that on a regular basis, but I wouldn't mind seeing us do that this year. Really don't want to miss out on some of these guys by telling them they have to wait until Spring.

With the pending addition of Lawrence, I don't see any way we sign more than 1 guard in this class.
Here's my wish list:
- Nino
- Boatright
- Gipson

this

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #978 on: July 01, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

Boatright and Cunningham both also made a couple of considerable jumps(+25 spots). I know this staff hasn't oversigned in the fall period to date and I'm not a fan of doing that on a regular basis, but I wouldn't mind seeing us do that this year. Really don't want to miss out on some of these guys by telling them they have to wait until Spring.

With the pending addition of Lawrence, I don't see any way we sign more than 1 guard in this class.
Here's my wish list:
- Nino
- Boatright
- Gipson

this

Like it, but I'll sub Gipson for Cunningham.

I like Gipson a lot, but I'd rather have Cunningham's length.  But it's not a big difference.  I'd love either.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 01, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »

Here's my wish list:
- Nino
- Boatright
- Gipson

this

Seagers is 98th. Nino 89th.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 01, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »

with the pending addition of lawrence, 2011 recruiting just got mind-numbingly boring.  eff you, staff.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 01, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »

Here's my wish list:
- Nino
- Boatright
- Gipson

this

I like Gipson a lot, but I'd rather have Cunningham's length.  But it's not a big difference.  I'd love either.
Yeah, I don't think we'd go wrong either way with Cunningham or Gipson. You have to like the way Cunningham has rocketed up the rankings and it sounds like he can step out and shoot it from distance. He would also provide more versatility on both ends of the floor and probably has more overall upside. I went with Gipson because I always think it's good to have that "enforcer" type on your team who can move people around and be a physical presence in the paint. Having seen the kid person, he's already a beast, and if you introduce him to Mr. Greenawalt, then he could just be a monster. He also has a nicely developing post game and if he can continue to improve in that area, he could be a real threat to score in the paint, not just a bruiser.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 01, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »

with the pending addition of lawrence, 2011 recruiting just got mind-numbingly boring.  eff you, staff.

I hope we don't add him.  I may be falling into the kids are begging to come here trap that Frank fell into a few times but I'd rather take my chances with this class.  Plus, the class breakdown just makes more sense.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 01, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »
get a pg in the fall.

cc, at least, indicates he'll still be around in the spring if the staff runs someone off then.  if not him, a currently undisclosed hs big, or a juco or a transfer.

the '12 bigs are so much better sounding than the few '11 bigs that kstate is mentioned with that not getting one in '11 hardly registers as a disappointment.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 01, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
I may be falling into the kids are begging to come here trap that Frank fell into a few times but I'd rather take my chances with this class.

even if no one else wants to come to kstate, if they take him, we'll have nothing to talk about for the rest of the summer.  surely everyone can see that.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 01, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »
we'll have nothing to talk about for the rest of the summer.  surely everyone can see that.

That never happens with KSTATEO.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 01, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »
Quote from: bossi
Based on what I've seen of Rodriguez, he's a mid major type prospect.

ouch.

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 01, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »

Here's my wish list:
- Nino
- Boatright
- Gipson

this

Yeah, I don't think we'd go wrong either way with Cunningham or Gipson. You have to like the way Cunningham has rocketed up the rankings and it sounds like he can step out and shoot it from distance. He would also provide more versatility on both ends of the floor and probably has more overall upside. I went with Gipson because I always think it's good to have that "enforcer" type on your team who can move people around and be a physical presence in the paint. Having seen the kid person, he's already a beast, and if you introduce him to Mr. Greenawalt, then he could just be a monster. He also has a nicely developing post game and if he can continue to improve in that area, he could be a real threat to score in the paint, not just a bruiser.

No longer mentioned with Boatright.  My list starts with Harrison; Cook/Seagars; Nino and Cunningham/Gipson.  Substantial drop for Cook.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #988 on: July 02, 2010, 06:59:25 AM »
Quote from: bossi
Based on what I've seen of Rodriguez, he's a mid major type prospect.

ouch.

How dare Bossi question BallPlayers?

How dare he?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 02, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »
I realize we're no longer listed on Boatright's Rivals profile, for about a  month there, it looked like we had stopped recruiting him, but there's been a couple updates within the past 20 days saying we're back in the hunt for him, 1 even indicating we had offered him.

Check P.28 and a post from sys on 6/18 and P.32 and a post from myself on 6/28 for said updates.

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 02, 2010, 12:26:26 PM »
#138 Octavious Ellis F Memphis, TN Whitehaven 3 stars 6'8" 185

his name is fuckin octavious, sign him up  :doom:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 02, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
I may be falling into the kids are begging to come here trap that Frank fell into a few times but I'd rather take my chances with this class.

even if no one else wants to come to kstate, if they take him, we'll have nothing to talk about for the rest of the summer.  surely everyone can see that.

If Nino gets cleared and we send Omari down the road 2011 recruiting BBS'ing just got taken up a couple notches.  :drool:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 02, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »
If Nino gets cleared and we send Omari down the road 2011 recruiting BBS'ing just got taken up a couple notches.  :drool:

life, still worth living?  decision pending.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 05, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
So do we take nino this year start developing him and say GTFOOMF omari OR

take omari, send nino to a prep school and we're short at the 3 spot this year? Is this the choice we have  :dunno: need some HBRIQ here

I'm purple down

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 05, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »
So do we take nino this year start developing him and say GTFOOMF omari OR

take omari, send nino to a prep school and we're short at the 3 spot this year? Is this the choice we have  :dunno: need some HBRIQ here

Take Nino

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 05, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 05, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
Meek with the premium info.

Nino to enroll.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-07-05/williams_to_enroll_at_ksu

:runaway:  :surprised: See ya later Omari ????? or warm up the rich Connecticut alumni mother frackers
I'm purple down

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 05, 2010, 12:58:41 PM »
Meek with the premium info.

Nino to enroll.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-07-05/williams_to_enroll_at_ksu

LOL at the comment from kansasman regarding it aint over yet on eligibility.  If KU can get D. Arthur eligible from the crooked school in Dallas, surely Nino coming out of a Kansas school without prior issues can get through the clearinghouse. 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 05, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »
I'm slightly hungover so help me out here. How does this change our numbers for the 2011 class. Assuming Omari is in and then assuming Omari is out. 

We lose Kelly and Pullen right?  So if Omari comes in we have one ship for 11 and two if he doesn't?  That right?
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 05, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
I'm slightly hungover so help me out here. How does this change our numbers for the 2011 class. Assuming Omari is in and then assuming Omari is out. 

We lose Kelly and Pullen right?  So if Omari comes in we have one ship for 11 and two if he doesn't?  That right?

Unless we ditch Russel or Irving.