Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457281 times)

Sugar Dick

Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #925 on: June 28, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
No sh*t.  Jesus, let's f*cking throw a parade because we might get 2(!) top 150's!

so, what do you want?  what constitutes a recruiting success for 2011?

top 25-ish class would be a success.  two top 150's isn't horrible, but I just don't think it's quite a "success".  I'm more disgusted with "being happy with slightly better than Wooldridge" attitude.

Having a team full of 150 players vs. a team with one or two 150 players is "slightly better"?

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #927 on: June 28, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
Yes love piling up the honorable mentions.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 28, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
No sh*t.  Jesus, let's f*cking throw a parade because we might get 2(!) top 150's!

top 25-ish class would be a success.  two top 150's isn't horrible, but I just don't think it's quite a "success".  I'm more disgusted with "being happy with slightly better than Wooldridge" attitude.

Having a team full of 150 players vs. a team with one or two 150 players is "slightly better"?

I don't think you understand what a "team full of 150 players" looks like:I don't think you know what a "team full of 150 players" means.

Here's the 11-12 scholarship roster as it stands today.

Henriquez-Roberts, Jordan
Irving, Martavious

Judge, Wally
McGruder, Rodney
Russell, Nick
Samuels, Jamar
Southwell, Shane
Asprilla, Freddy
Spradling, Will
Myles, Juevol
Williams, Nino

That's 6 scholarship players that aren't top 150.  And only one player is consensus top 100.  One!  Where do you get this "full of top 150 players" nonsense, sugar dick?

Seriously, a class of a couple top 150's and Nino would look like a class of Clent, Curtis Allen, and Fred Peete.  Woo hoo!

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 28, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
Are you just not counting Nino as top 150 because of bias?

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #930 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »
Are you just not counting Nino as top 150 because of bias?
was an odd timing for his bump up, wasn't it.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 28, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Northstar hoops blog reporting we offered Boatright, he also seems to have backed off from Miami being his leader.

"Aurora East (IL) point guard Ryan Boatright was one of just a handful of players under 6-feet tall at NBPA Top 100 Camp.
Boatright was also one of just a handful of players to average 13 or more points per game, and was the leading scorer amongst the sub 6-footers. Clearly, Boatright’s size is not holding him back, which is evidenced by the types of schools pursuing him. The 5'10, 152-pound point guard holds offers from Miami, Wake Forest, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kansas State, and UTEP were amongst the schools that have offered him. Kentucky is showing interest."

Ryan Boatright ’11, Aurora East (IL): Kentucky, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Miami, UTEP, West Virginia, Kansas State, and
others
                              Offers: All except Kentucky
                              Favorites: “No, not really, they are all in the same boat really.”
                              Note- Boatright committed to USC before his freshman year of high school, but has since decommitted and is not considering the Trojans. He said that he does not regret the commitment, though. To read the full article that I wrote on Boatright for InsideTheU.com, click Here .

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/06/23/boatright-interested-in-miami.aspx

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 28, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
Northstar hoops blog reporting we offered Boatright, he also seems to have backed off from Miami being his leader.

"Aurora East (IL) point guard Ryan Boatright was one of just a handful of players under 6-feet tall at NBPA Top 100 Camp.
Boatright was also one of just a handful of players to average 13 or more points per game, and was the leading scorer amongst the sub 6-footers. Clearly, Boatright’s size is not holding him back, which is evidenced by the types of schools pursuing him. The 5'10, 152-pound point guard holds offers from Miami, Wake Forest, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kansas State, and UTEP were amongst the schools that have offered him. Kentucky is showing interest."

Ryan Boatright ’11, Aurora East (IL): Kentucky, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Miami, UTEP, West Virginia, Kansas State, and
others
                              Offers: All except Kentucky
                              Favorites: “No, not really, they are all in the same boat really.”
                              Note- Boatright committed to USC before his freshman year of high school, but has since decommitted and is not considering the Trojans. He said that he does not regret the commitment, though. To read the full article that I wrote on Boatright for InsideTheU.com, click Here .

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/06/23/boatright-interested-in-miami.aspx
Nice job underdog.
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 28, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/28/anthony-davis-bursting-onto-national-scene/

:fatty:

Nice to be an also ran!   :pbj:

lol, didn't last long

“We’re looking at Syracuse, Kentucky and Ohio State,” Anthony Sr. said. “I think those three schools fit perfectly in the style of basketball he plays.”
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/28/anthony-davis-cuts-list-to-3/

He's too ugly for us anyway

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 28, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »
lol, didn't last long

not sure i believe his father.  weird not to see louisville even listed.  was great to get a mention though, even if possibly fake.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 28, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

it's hard to have a top 25 class with 3 (possibly 2, possibly 4) recruits.  i have a hard time understanding how filling 2 of 3  or 3 of 3 ships with top 150s would be considered poor.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Sugar Dick

« Reply #936 on: June 28, 2010, 06:39:20 PM »

I don't think you understand what a "team full of 150 players" looks like:I don't think you know what a "team full of 150 players" means.

Irving, Martavious

Judge, Wally
McGruder, Rodney
Russell, Nick
Samuels, Jamar
Southwell, Shane
Asprilla, Freddy
Spradling, Will
Myles, Juevol
Williams, Nino

That's 6 scholarship players that aren't top 150.  And only one player is consensus top 100.  One!  Where do you get this "full of top 150 players" nonsense, sugar dick?

Seriously, a class of a couple top 150's and Nino would look like a class of Clent, Curtis Allen, and Fred Peete.  Woo hoo!

Nice post Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)  :lol:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 28, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
Once again, I would like to ask:  Is it only good recruiting when you sign highly thought of players?  Isn't having a guy like JamSam (not top 150) on the roster also good recruiting?  Seems like UNC literally had a roster full of top 100 guys last year, seems like it was a less than successful team though.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:40 PM »
lol, didn't last long

not sure i believe his father.  weird not to see louisville even listed.  was great to get a mention though, even if possibly fake.

Update from Scout also lists final 3 as UK, Syracuse, and Ohio St, also quoting Dad. Update almost looks like Daniels(Scout dude) just lifted it off the Zags report. Hey man, whatever works. It was nice to get the mention for an elite like AD, however short-lived it was. I remember when Tai Streets visited the OOD this past season and sys, michigancat, yosh and others were leaving no stone unturned trying to figure out if we were after any Meanstreets prospects. An under the radar stud like AD would have been fantastic but everybody, myself included, would have flipped our crap when he blew up this past Spring and we would have been left out in the cold. Now, it's just sorta, whatever, never had a shot in the 1st place.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/980681.html

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 28, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
  i have a hard time understanding how filling 2 of 3  or 3 of 3 ships with top 150s would be considered poor.

I don't consider it to be poor, but I don't think it's a class that should be celebrated, either.  There is middle ground in there, ya know?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »

He's too ugly for us anyway

UNI-BROW, pluck (or wax) that sh1t man!!
I'm purple down

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 28, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
I remember when Tai Streets visited the OOD this past season and sys, michigancat, yosh and others were leaving no stone unturned trying to figure out if we were after any Meanstreets prospects. An under the radar stud like AD would have been fantastic but everybody, myself included, would have flipped our crap when he blew up this past Spring and we would have been left out in the cold.

if kstate actually ever was in on him, it was a huge opportunity lost.  would have made some of the best messageboarding since the heyday of the mitchell saga.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
cook to tranfer to oak hill for his senior year.

tweet from his coach at dematha:

Good luck to @QCook323....wanted to keep it quiet but the entire DM family wish him all the best. STAG forever.

also, apparently christian kirk is going to play in kc this year.  didn't realize he was from kc originally.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2010, 08:56:37 PM »
more on davis:

when I asked him if he was going to take visits somewhere other than the three schools Davis said

"Not sure yet."

http://www.coast2coastrecruiting.net/2010/06/anthony-davis-down-to-three-schools.html

kinda weird, something happened.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 28, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »

Good luck to @QCook323....wanted to keep it quiet but the entire DM family wish him all the best. STAG forever.

"apparently this was a power play by DC Assault to Dematha"

:surprised:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 28, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »

"apparently this was a power play by DC Assault to Dematha"

:surprised:
god. It would solve alot of my future concerns for EMAW basketball at the Point Guard Position!
EMAW

Powertard5000

« Reply #946 on: June 30, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »
No sh*t.  Jesus, let's f*cking throw a parade because we might get 2(!) top 150's!

so, what do you want?  what constitutes a recruiting success for 2011?

top 25-ish class would be a success.  two top 150's isn't horrible, but I just don't think it's quite a "success".  I'm more disgusted with "being happy with slightly better than Wooldridge" attitude.

Irving, Martavious

Judge, Wally
McGruder, Rodney
Russell, Nick
Samuels, Jamar
Southwell, Shane
Asprilla, Freddy
Spradling, Will
Myles, Juevol
Williams, Nino

That's 6 scholarship players that aren't top 150.  And only one player is consensus top 100.  One!  Where do you get this "full of top 150 players" nonsense, sugar dick?

Seriously, a class of a couple top 150's and Nino would look like a class of Clent, Curtis Allen, and Fred Peete.  Woo hoo!

Wally Judge , Curtis Kelly (who you seemed to have forgot), Rodney Mcgruder are all top 100.  Freddy Asprilla was rookie of the year for FIU and he is the #2 rated JUCO.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:16:29 PM by Powertard5000 »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
Kelly won't be on the '11-12 roster dood.

Powertard5000

« Reply #948 on: June 30, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »

I misread your post but i don't think we will go after anyone considered a one and done. Frank is trying to build teams and you can't do that when you have guys leaving after a year. I think these later top 150 players who can become NBA type talent down the road is what we will be after here and out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:47:17 PM by Powertard5000 »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 30, 2010, 11:53:44 PM »

I misread your post but i don't think we will go after anyone considered a one and done. Frank is trying to build teams and you can't do that when you have guys leaving after a year. I think these later top 150 players who can become NBA type talent down the road is what we will be after here and out.

Well, you just lived up to your name.