Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457182 times)

Offline NumberThree

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #775 on: June 02, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »
My Bob Gibbons update:

http://truebluekentucky.com/index.php/basketball/926-guest-basketball/3235-bob-gibbons.html

I'm posting it here because I see you were talking about Seagears.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 02, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »
My Bob Gibbons update:

http://truebluekentucky.com/index.php/basketball/926-guest-basketball/3235-bob-gibbons.html

good stuff...welcome.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 02, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »
My Bob Gibbons update:

Thanks, welcome to the board

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 02, 2010, 04:13:35 PM »
My Bob Gibbons update:

NumberThree,  Thanks for that great report.

Did you get a chance to watch Ian Baker from the Heart and Hustle 16's this past weekend?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 02, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »
I still don't get why Nino wouldn't be able to Redshirt during the '10-'11 season if he's able to fully qualify. He would basically be a walk-on who's allowed to workout and practice with the team. He could make substantial improvements during that hypothetical RS year and would be ready to roll in '11-'12. If he's on campus, you might as well have him to connected to the team as much as possible.

I directly asked BP this in response to the above statement and have yet to receive a response.

bp responded now.  he seems to be thinking that williams wouldn't be able to receive any non-athletic financial aid, since he was a recruited athlete in a revenue sport.  those rules are complex, and there are loopholes, but he's probably right.

afaik, however, there would be no impediment to williams walking on and rsing if his guardian was paying the bill.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091320

D'Angelo Harrison has earned some impressive offers so far (Alabama, Arizona State, Oklahoma State), but do you think with his recent breakout play on the AAU circuit that his offer list will grow even more impressive than it is now? Am I crazy, or does he have some Stephen Curry to his game?

- Greg from Hutchinson

Harrison was one of the most impressive prospects I watched this spring. He is an absolute scoring machine.

I like the Curry comparison because there is not much physically about Harrison that catches your eyes. But once the game starts, he scores bucket after bucket. He doesn't need much of a window to get a shot off, and he can score in a variety of ways.

I have no doubt that his offer list will grow dramatically once the coaches get out in July.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 06, 2010, 07:55:07 PM »
Quinn Cook, PG- The Hyatsville (Md.) Dematha standout was easily one of the best scorers on the floor Friday night. He's neither super quick or athletic, but the six footer is very crafty and skilled with the ball. He hit on jumpers, some tough drives in transition and dribble pull-ups. His game features lots of spin and hesitation moves that he's able to pull off without losing balance because of his superior body control.

Speed is a virtue at the point guard position and Jerome Seagears has plenty of it. The the six foot tall floor general from Flora McDonald in Red Springs, N.C. is a jet with the ball who weaves in and out of traffic and shows tremendous burst to the rim in pick and roll situations.

Isaiah Austin wasn't on the court we were focusing on, but we saw him making lots of plays. He hit on a nifty step-back three and a tough jump hook, but most importantly he was imposing defensively. Saw him block and alter a ton of shots.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091354

Jerome Seagears - A physical point guard in the 2011 class, Seagears has command of the game with the ball in his hands. Love his pace when attacking on the high-ball screen.

Quinn Cook will stick around Sunday and visit UCLA before heading to Arizona on Monday. He is contemplating nine schools, including North Carolina, Wake Forest, Villanova, Georgetown, Rutgers, St. John's and North Carolina State. All but North Carolina have offered.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091351

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 06, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »
new name & durham to '11.

Cannen Cunningham-(2011-Brandon Bass Elite) is blessed with a ton of upside. He can score the basketball from inside and out. Cunningham is very skilled and athletic power forward with a lot of untapped potential. He has offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Santa Clara, SMU and Wichita State and receiving strong interest from Kansas State, Purdue, Texas, and Ohio State.

Terrence Durham-(2011-Memphis Elite) the one-time 2010 recruit will be reclassifying and will be attending North Carolina Prep. Durham has offers from Ole Miss, Nebraska, and Wichita State and is also receiving interest from Tennessee and Kansas State.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091098

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:30 PM »

Durham has a bit of flash to his game
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 07, 2010, 07:04:50 AM »

Cannen Cunningham-(2011-Brandon Bass Elite) is blessed with a ton of upside. He can score the basketball from inside and out. Cunningham is very skilled and athletic power forward with a lot of untapped potential. He has offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Santa Clara, SMU and Wichita State and receiving strong interest from Kansas State, Purdue, Texas, and Ohio State.

brandon bass?  that just means we won't get him.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 07, 2010, 11:22:46 AM »

brandon bass?  that just means we won't get him.

Well, who wants to play in the MWC anyways? :dunno:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 07, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »
More glowing reviews for Austin and Seagears from Pangos, Gipson included in this report also. FWIW, the Scout updates from Pangos specifically mention KSU as a school of interest among others for both Seagears and Gipson.

Isaiah Austin (Arlington, Texas/Grace Prep)
2012, C, 7-0
He has a beautiful jumper and can easily knock it down from 17 feet. However, Austin settles too much for his jumper at times and he can dominate with his unstoppable right-handed jump hook over his left shoulder. At his height and length, he shoots it looking down at the basket and has a good release and rotation. His passing instincts are impressive and he can see over everyone and hit his open teammate. He is willing to rebound out of his area. After a defensive rebound, he is comfortable going the length of the floor with the ball in his hands. On the defensive end, he really changes, challenges and blocks shots.

Thomas Gipson (Cedar Hill, Tex./ Cedar Hill)
2011, PF, 6-7
He is a blue-collar big that can step out and hit the jump shot at the elbow. The left-hander has extremely wide shoulders, solid length and decent bounce. Gipson has very good hands and was one of the best rebounders at the event. He snatches everything in his area and doesn't try to do too much. He is one of the few bigs in the country that knows his role. There is no wasted motion to his game and he's very effective. He can post up strong, utilizing his width, and he can finish consistently in the paint area. His post skills need continued repetition, but the talent is there.

"Point guard Jerome Seagears (Washington, D.C./Flora McDonald Academy) had a strong showing. He ran the floor well, scored the ball off the bounce or with the jumper and executed pick-and-rolls well. Schools he is hearing from are Florida, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Boston College and Arizona."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5259917

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 07, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
More BP

NIKE Team Florida   
...went 2-3 in L.A. last weekend (9-5 for the Spring), their Coach said that
Angel was one of their Top 2 Players for the Weekend!

apparently the uf signee is still playing for nike team florida.  so presumably he is the guy ahead of ar-t on topping's list.  i wouldn't think he'll still be playing this summer, so ar-t should get more minutes then.  but then, i wouldn't have thought he'd be playing now.  also, i think uf is starting to recruit ar-t, don't know how seriously.

btw, i think the recent spate of mentions puts to rest the ridiculous hypothesis that kstate was instructing recruits to keep silent.  as impossible as it would have seemed, it appears that the kstate beat writers and internet "recruiting" site writers really are that bad.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 08, 2010, 05:51:31 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 09, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
This could go anywhere but, David Cox is what 'Te used to be  :cry:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/09/rutgers-in-mix-for-nigerian-xavier-henry/

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 09, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »
 :angry:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 09, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »
This could go anywhere but, David Cox is what 'Te used to be  :cry:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/09/rutgers-in-mix-for-nigerian-xavier-henry/

That link seems racist. :opcat:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 09, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
Gipson offered by West Virginia. Other notable offers to date include Okla St, SMU, and FIU but several B12 programs including KSU, Baylor, OU, and A&M are starting to show more interest also.

Sounds like he's really picking up his play, read several positive reviews about him from Pangos tourney this past weekend, had 15 and 7 in all-star game at the event.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1092466

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 10, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »
Update from Meyer linked below says we've offered Gipson. That's kinda interesting because the update from Texashoops a couple days ago(see post directly above from wannabe recruitling analyst guy) implied we hadn't yet. Anyway, it's pretty clear Gipson's recent play has greatly improved his stock. Update also mentions our interest in Seagears and that we do not appear to be pursuing Goodman since his decommittment.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093112

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 10, 2010, 10:30:44 PM »
we do not appear to be pursuing Goodman since his decommittment.

interesting.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
NBPA Top 100 Camp rosters released today. It will take place June 16-19 on UVa campus. Some names of interest on the roster are Isaiah Austin, D'Angelo Harrison, Perry Ellis, Dorian Finney-Smith,  Shane Larkin, Ben McLemore, Marcus Paige, Ryan Boatright, and Jordan Goodman. Full roster linked below and it's free.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/976444.html

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 12, 2010, 01:49:58 AM »
"Point guard Jerome Seagears (Washington, D.C./Flora McDonald Academy) had a strong showing. He ran the floor well, scored the ball off the bounce or with the jumper and executed pick-and-rolls well. Schools he is hearing from are Florida, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Boston College and Arizona."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5259917

Have a GREAT source saying that we are very much going after Seagears. He's a hidden gem.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »
NorthstarBball

Very impressed with D'Angelo Harrison. The 6'3 guard out of Dulles (TX) is big-time.

NorthstarBball

D'Angelo Harrison is also a really good scorer.
24 minutes ago via UberTwitter
Reply Retweet

NorthstarBball
D'Angelo Harrison has a unique haircut, to say the least.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 13, 2010, 12:25:16 AM »
The Franchize All-Stars from the Lone Star State made the trip north from Houston with their talented roster, and showed immediately what they have to offer. Led by Harrison, the Franchize All-Stars were able to dismantle Upstate Elite which is coached by former Syracuse standout John Wallace.

Harrison is a 6-foot-3 guard who is really capable of lighting up the scoreboard. He didn't have his best shooting day, but still he was very effective. Harrison was able to beat his man off the dribble and get to the rim, or finish in the mid-range. While Harrison didn't get hot from deep, he did hit a few jumpers, and those opened up the driving lanes.

On top of that, Harrison is a major competitor who got after it on the defensive end. He is a good athlete with a solid amount of lateral quickness. Those physical gifts combined with his mental desire to win make him a tough player to deal with on the floor, and that was obvious on Friday night.

D'Angelo Harrison noted that the entire Big XII is after him along with schools such as Marquette, Houston, and Alabama also showing him attention.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093583

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 13, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
When the Texas and Oklahoma schools bolt for the PAC whatever, that's going to kill our chances with Texas recruits.   :cry: