Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457347 times)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #750 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »
new name to keep an eye on - jerome seagears

Anything concrete or just that he's DCA/Florida.

don't know if you can read this, but:
Mention

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 26, 2010, 11:36:19 PM »
new name to keep an eye on - jerome seagears

Anything concrete or just that he's DCA/Florida.

don't know if you can read this, but:
Mention

can't read, but you answered my question just the same.  Thanks

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 26, 2010, 11:47:44 PM »
Surprise player

Jerome Seagears, PG (6-3, 175)
2011, District of Columbia/Flora MacDonald

Seagears is a dynamic point guard who consistently produced against solid competition. He scored 26 impressive points in a tightly contested loss to United Faith Christian. He is a long, athletic leader with good size that gets it down the floor in a hurry and is great at finding a seam to attack the basket. He is nearly impossible to stop in the open floor. He can go strong with either hand and is great at adjusting and changing direction in an instant. He showed a nice stroke from deep and makes his free throws like a good point guard is supposed to do. He is a good defender who can extend pressure up the floor while containing the ball. A competitor that hates to lose, he plays with a high level of intensity and brings it for 32 minutes each time he takes the floor. He needs to improve at drawing the defense and finding an open teammate, but he showed that he should be able to make the adjustment.

sounds like a good fit (lols).  ESPN has rated at 91.  Also in the current rivals 150.  Another good PG prospect.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 27, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
FWIW, in Scout update referenced by treysolid above, Seagers lists Missouri(offer) as his leader and offers from George Mason, George Washington, UMass, and Florida

Blurb on Seagers from I95Ballerz.com reporting from recent Take Your Best Shot tourney in DCA area pasted below. Article puts him on 2nd team all-tourney. He plays alongside Cook in DCA backcourt, who won MVP. Article also mentions Jarvis Threatt of the VA Assault, who we are listed with in the Rivals database and was named to 1st team all-tourney.

"Jerome Seagears – junior, 6’1”, 175 lb guard, DC Assault Gold – Currently a combo guard, Seagears understands he must become more of a pass first guy for the highest rungs of college ball. Currently, he’s a scorer that can pass, and boy can he do the former; from outside, at the rim, and in between."

http://www.i95ballerz.com/story%20-%20tybs%2010%2017%20all%20star.html

Another blurb from a Rivals update in January:

"Jerome Seagears: Seagers is a big point guard who showed a great ability to get from baseline to baseline off the dribble in an absolute hurry. He did play out of control at times, but his combination of size and speed definitely makes him intriguing. Largely on the strength of his foul shooting Seagears managed to finish with 21 points, 10 rebounds, and four assists. He was definitely impressive with his motor and quickness. He now needs to improve on his outside shot."

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1041134
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:47:03 PM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 27, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 28, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »
Jack piece that mentions Kelly in passing.  Weird.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/05/27/new-rice-coach-confirms-jack-to-south-kent/

Liked the player quote - great writing

Reached earlier this week by text, Jack confirmed that he would indeed spend a year at prep school.

“Yea,” he wrote.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 30, 2010, 07:13:13 AM »
elite new mention.   :excited:

Dorian Finney-Smith, SF, Boo Williams- Should he replicate what he did on Saturday for the rest of the summer, Finney-Smith is poised to make a climb up the 2011 rankings. A skinny wing with quickness, athleticism and a surprising floor game, he's looking confident right now and is playing in attack mode. He is a slasher by nature who makes just enough shots to keep defenders honest. Saturday, he even ran some point and showed surprising feel for the position. He listed Kansas, Kansas State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Florida, Xavier and Cincinnati as his current suitors.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089368

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Dorian-Finney-Smith-96633

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 30, 2010, 12:10:15 PM »
2011 DC Assault updates:

Quinn Cook (2011 DC Assault)- This heady combo guard makes me think of Scottie Reynolds when I watch him. He quietly can control a game with his composed and skilled play. Rarely does he over do it, but yet the production is there. Crafty and strong with the ball, Cook is a serious threat to score from all three levels.

Jerome Seagears (2011 DC Assault)- Seagears spent most of the time running the point for DC Assault, and he was impressive. Powerfully built, Seagears got where he wanted to get on the court and found open teammates in the process. He also looked comfortable shooting the ball from behind the arc.

Presently a ranked three-star prospect, Seagears might be due a bump in the rankings.

Marcus Thornton (2011 DC Assault)- Liked what Thornton did on the wing as a scorer, playing off the creativity of Cook and Seagers.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089373

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 31, 2010, 11:52:51 AM »
Thornton?  i like this kid already (i bet he's hot too).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 31, 2010, 07:05:39 PM »
Not that there is anything in the following Scout update that hasn't been implied before, it's just that Cook's lack of interest in us has never sounded more definitive:

"Quinn Cook, a self described ACC guy, said UCLA and Arizona were on him strong. Villanova, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Georgetown , N.C. State, Kentucky and Washington were in the mix. Duke stays in touch. "

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/973521.html

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 31, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
Thornton?  i like this kid already (i bet he's hot too).
LOL?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 31, 2010, 07:17:20 PM »
Don't like this development 1 damn bit:

"Kadeem Jack says that he plans to attend elite camps at Arizona and Kansas coming up this summer, and also might visit Rutgers next week. Beyond those three schools he mentioned Arkansas, Miami, Syracuse, West Virginia, St. John's, Kentucky, Georgetown, Memphis, and that he has spoken to North Carolina."

In case you don't want to read the entire update(I don't blame you if you don't, it's freakin long), Jack is now running with the New England Playaz

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089349

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 31, 2010, 07:25:52 PM »
Scout's Evan Daniels liked what he saw out of Thomas Gipson this weekend at the EYBL tourney in LA. Paraphrasing, he's an undersized PF height wise but he overcomes that by working hard on both ends. Clears space with his wide frame and is using that frame to attack the glass and finish in the paint. Also knocked down a couple face up looks from mid-range.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/973716.html

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #763 on: May 31, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Scout's Evan Daniels liked what he saw out of Thomas Gipson this weekend at the EYBL tourney in LA. Paraphrasing, he's an undersized PF height wise but he overcomes that by working hard on both ends. Clears space with his wide frame and is using that frame to attack the glass and finish in the paint. Also knocked down a couple face up looks from mid-range.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/973716.html

I really like this kid.  He has a really nice back-to-the-basket game, and if he develops a short-to-mid range jumper, he could be a really nice addition.  His size (or lack thereof) would almost guarantee he'll be at KSU for four years.

Also, he has the ability to put a lot of muscle on his frame, and I'd love to see what a monster he'd look like after spending a couple of years with SG.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 01, 2010, 07:20:03 AM »
Don't like this development 1 damn bit:

"Kadeem Jack says that he plans to attend elite camps at Arizona and Kansas coming up this summer, and also might visit Rutgers next week. Beyond those three schools he mentioned Arkansas, Miami, Syracuse, West Virginia, St. John's, Kentucky, Georgetown, Memphis, and that he has spoken to North Carolina."

In case you don't want to read the entire update(I don't blame you if you don't, it's freakin long), Jack is now running with the New England Playaz

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089349

It's pretty easy to take though as we've never been mentioned with him, other than him being friends with Shane.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 02, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »
BP at GPC:
Re: Juevol Myles   Reply
Nino could be a part-time student and "gray-shirt", but he could do NOTHING
related to the MBB program...NO "clock" starts!

Likely develop better @ a Prep by practicing/playing...then still have 5 years to play 4*

YES, Juevol needs 1 summer session, then has 3 years to play.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2010, 09:22:17 AM »
More BP

NIKE Team Florida   
...went 2-3 in L.A. last weekend (9-5 for the Spring), their Coach said that
Angel was one of their Top 2 Players for the Weekend!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
can someone get him to post here??  :crossfingers:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 02, 2010, 09:43:31 AM »
can someone get him to post here??  :crossfingers:

Wabash909 knows him.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
I still don't get why Nino wouldn't be able to Redshirt during the '10-'11 season if he's able to fully qualify. He would basically be a walk-on who's allowed to workout and practice with the team. He could make substantial improvements during that hypothetical RS year and would be ready to roll in '11-'12. If he's on campus, you might as well have him to connected to the team as much as possible.

I directly asked BP this in response to the above statement and have yet to receive a response.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »
I still don't get why Nino wouldn't be able to Redshirt during the '10-'11 season if he's able to fully qualify. He would basically be a walk-on who's allowed to workout and practice with the team. He could make substantial improvements during that hypothetical RS year and would be ready to roll in '11-'12. If he's on campus, you might as well have him to connected to the team as much as possible.

I directly asked BP this in response to the above statement and have yet to receive a response.
for Nino this makes the most sense given that RS's do practice with the team.  my ill informed guess is that frank is probably trying (or was trying) to manage his roster around some issues we dont know about.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »
nino would have to pay his own way, right?  last schollie went to that there canadian feller

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 02, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »
nino would have to pay his own way, right?

yep, I lol at the talking point on GPC about how kids are stupid to not take out loans and pay their own way for a year.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »
nino would have to pay his own way, right?  last schollie went to that there canadian feller
he has little to gain from beating up on prep schoolers for a year

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 02, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
he has little to gain from beating up on prep schoolers for a year

true.  what's in state tuition these days?