Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457320 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #575 on: May 12, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »
Following up on Luke Winn's recommedation that we recruit P.R. native Carmelo Betancourt, I did some digging and came up with a couple nuggets regarding him and fellow PR native Rasham Suarez. No, they're not as cool as sys' stat finds but it does give some insight on what types of players they are. Montrose and St Benedict's are both national-level, highly visible programs, will be interesting to see if either ends up at 1 of those programs and how it will affect their recruitment.
We are listed on Suarez's Rivals profile and he mentioned us as recruiting him in a Scout update, but it doesn't appear we are heavily pursuing at this time, but you know our staff ...

http://insidepuertoricobasketball.blogspot.com/2010/05/suarez-update.html

http://insidepuertoricobasketball.blogspot.com/2010/05/betancourt-to-montrose-or-st-benedicts.html

Good work.

Could this be Frank?  :dunno:

I was down in PR this year looking at a couple of kids and to be honest the style of play and lack of size made it hard for me to see if the kids could really play. Very few of these kids really know or want to play defense and the transition game doesn't exist", said a D1 coach.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 12, 2010, 12:50:57 PM »
Following up on Luke Winn's recommedation that we recruit P.R. native Carmelo Betancourt, I did some digging and came up with a couple nuggets regarding him and fellow PR native Rasham Suarez. No, they're not as cool as sys' stat finds but it does give some insight on what types of players they are. Montrose and St Benedict's are both national-level, highly visible programs, will be interesting to see if either ends up at 1 of those programs and how it will affect their recruitment.
We are listed on Suarez's Rivals profile and he mentioned us as recruiting him in a Scout update, but it doesn't appear we are heavily pursuing at this time, but you know our staff ...

http://insidepuertoricobasketball.blogspot.com/2010/05/betancourt-to-montrose-or-st-benedicts.html

Good work.

I was down in PR this year looking at a couple of kids and to be honest the style of play and lack of size made it hard for me to see if the kids could really play. Very few of these kids really know or want to play defense and the transition game doesn't exist", said a D1 coach.

How could it NOT be? :doom:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
great find.

i have a hard time seeing kstate taking both betancourt and rodriguez.  but it is interesting to see that b-c is looking at high schooling in the us.  i saw on one of the earlier entries that browne-ramirez is also looking at coming to the us for a year, presumably prior to college.  not sure on his age though.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 12, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »

Good work.

couldn't be frank - lack of "you know"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
northstar provides some corroboration to the rivals w. martin listing.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/05/13/wayne-martin-um-will-be-up-there.aspx

Graded as a 90 by ESPNU's Scouts Inc., Wayne Martin of Providence School in Jacksonville is one of the top junior basketball players in the state of Florida.

As a 6-foot-8, 200-pound combo forward, Martin is being pursued by numerous big-time college programs primarily from the Southeast.

He claims scholarship offers from Ole Miss, Memphis, Alabama, Central Florida, Arkansas, Miami, and Virginia Tech.

“Well, not really [any favorites]," Martin said. "It’s still kind of up in the air. I’m still deciding, still cutting my list down."

Clemson, Kansas State, and Tennessee are also amongst the schools showing interest.

With the number of schools recruiting him being so high, Martin has yet to have the time to narrow down his list, and is not sure when he will.

“I hadn’t really thought about it yet,” he said. “There are so many schools, I’d have to sit and analyze every school, and I haven’t had the time.”
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:09:08 PM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 13, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »
Underdog Wildcat has really busted onto the goEMAW scene

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:42 PM »
a 6-foot-8, 200-pound

:)
 :alleyoop:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 13, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

qft.  his random Fla juco update in the 2010 thread was amazing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 13, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »

pulling him from gpc was like taking nebraska.  getting bp would be a texas.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 13, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »
Ever since I was a little kid, I'd always hoped my posting skills would one day be analogous to the storied program that is NUBB hoops. Thank you all for helping those dreams come true.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 13, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »
Ever since I was a little kid, I'd always hoped my posting skills would one day be analogous to the storied program that is NUBB hoops. Thank you all for helping those dreams come true.

hey, 300 million dollar arena.

good job getting bossi's comments on williams.  no way bossi leaves a kc prospect out of the top 150 if he has a voice in it.  interesting to hear his thoughts on mcullough too.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 13, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
EBosshoops has been killin it on the national board ever since he joined Rivals, hope that can continue.

Convo referencing Nino and McCullough linked below. SOB, it's not free.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&mid=143042015&sid=910&tid=143042015&style=2&Override=1

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:48:08 PM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 13, 2010, 11:28:09 PM »
EBosshoops has been killin it on the national board ever since he joined Rivals, hope that can continue.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&mid=143042015&sid=910&tid=143042015&style=2&Override=1

paraphrase? 

BTW, let me echo the other complimentary words...nice work.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 13, 2010, 11:35:37 PM »

paraphrase? 

BTW, let me echo the other complimentary words...nice work.

word from a friend that said someone was curious if nino would be top 150? apparently bossi told the person that he would be in the discussion and that bossi sees him as a 3 and that he is good inside and around the glass. apparently also said that nino has improved his shot and that kstate fans will really like him. also apparently talked about cauley being discussed as a top 150. again, i'm just going of what someone told me.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
KSU coaches are quite confident that Nino will clear the Clearinging House this summer and will redshirt the 2010-2011 season.

random gpc post.  i'm a sucker for these.  if samuels was emaw enough to do it w. out of state tuition, why would williams lack the emaw to walk-on/red-shirt instate?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »
it's official, w. martin is a mention.

Wayne Martin listed KSU. Frank Martin recruits Fla well. Martin is a nice player, superb athlete.

catzacker

« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2010, 08:39:35 AM »
wayne martin thread with some nice information, sorry if it was already posted, I didn't want to take the time to look back and find out.

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=12218

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
KSU coaches are quite confident that Nino will clear the Clearinging House this summer and will redshirt the 2010-2011 season.

random gpc post.  i'm a sucker for these.  if samuels was emaw enough to do it w. out of state tuition, why would williams lack the emaw to walk-on/red-shirt instate?

I am also a sucker for this stuff(cue Chum).  Pretty much a best case senario.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »
ar-t making his 2010 aau debut?   :runaway:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »

:runaway:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »
 :users:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »
Does this explain Betancourt?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 14, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »
Does this explain Betancourt?

wut?

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 15, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »

noyhing in rivals report on last nights games   :users: