Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457458 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #525 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
definitive proof that kstate is now recruiting jack and has prohibited him from mentioning kstate publicly.

He added, “I started speaking to a couple of schools, but I don’t wanna speak on it yet, but when I start really speaking to them and get on good terms with them, then I can give names and all that.”

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/05/04/jack-headed-to-prep-school.aspx
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 04, 2010, 11:39:36 PM »
definitive proof that kstate is now recruiting jack and has prohibited him from mentioning kstate publicly.

He added, “I started speaking to a couple of schools, but I don’t wanna speak on it yet, but when I start really speaking to them and get on good terms with them, then I can give names and all that.”

:surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 04, 2010, 11:52:09 PM »
like this:

Nino Williams/6-foot-6/WG from Spiece Mo-Kan is cut up like a Roman Soldier! Explosive like TNT!

who said this?  nice quote.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 05, 2010, 07:29:06 AM »
confirmation that a kstate coach has left the state of ks on a recruiting trip.  rodriguez and two other miami names, holton and perkins.

http://www.floridahoops.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=view&id=8241&catid=3

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Darius-Perkins-70974#latest_news
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Holton-89231

Nice find sys.  Anyone kind of worried that we are sending Dalonte to Florida?  Like, have we just given up out east?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 05, 2010, 09:20:25 AM »
Nice find sys.  Anyone kind of worried that we are sending Dalonte to Florida?  Like, have we just given up out east?

he's gotta do something, right?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 05, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »
Nice find sys.  Anyone kind of worried that we are sending Dalonte to Florida?  Like, have we just given up out east?

he's gotta do something, right?

Maybe its like a working vacation.  Spend 3-4 days on the beach/resort, a day or two talking to an AAU coach, visting a HS, and visiting Art/Tropics.  :dunno:

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 05, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »
From Meek's blog.  Not much in there, but some further mention of Nino's shooting/ball handling improvement. 

K-State fans will be interested to watch Spiece MoKan's Nino Williams, a 2011 commit who is drawing positive reviews on the circuit.

"He's always been an extremely physical and aggressive kid," Suther said. "He's really shooting the ball better. He shot close to 50 percent from the 3-point line last weekend.

"The other deficiency with his game was his ballhandling. He's working on that on a daily basis. Now he's able to put it on the floor create of the dribble."

There was some thought that Williams could join K-State in 2010, but it looks like he'll go the prep school route. (K-State just filled its final scholarship with juco point guard Juevol Myles.)

"(Prep school) is the plan," Suther said. "We're still waiting to hear back from the NCAA Clearinghouse on where he's at."

Suther said Williams is looking at a couple East Coast prep schools, including Brewster Academy in New Hampshire.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 08, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »
what the hell are we doing?  offer this kid already!   :runaway:

D'Angelo Harrison (2011 Franchize All Stars)- Perhaps no player in the class has done more to raise his stock this spring than Harrison. After tearing it up at the Real Deal in the Rock last month, Harrison's recruitment took off. The shooting guard now has offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, SMU and UTEP. Memphis is also showing interest.

Oddly enough, Harrison's top three schools of Texas A&M, Kansas State and Houston have not offered.

In a variety of ways, Harrison scored 32 points in his team's win. He drained three-pointers, scored off the dribble and repeatedly got to the free throw line. Solid and composed with the basketball, Harrison has a crafty pace to his game as a scorer.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 08, 2010, 09:34:29 AM »

on vacation.   :gocho:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 08, 2010, 09:40:21 AM »
Frank, Figs and Undy are still evaluating the kids locker room "fit" factor . . . very important, takes time.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 08, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »

on vacation.   :gocho:

And let everyone in the country know we are in on this kid?  No thank you.  Our Covert recruiting ops do not work that way.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
Frank, Figs and Undy are still evaluating the kids locker room "fit" factor . . . very important, takes time.

Telling people we're recruiting him is a big red flag IMO. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
out of 2009, 2010, 2011 commits (including mitchell), did any prominently mention kstate to the media more than a month or so prior to committing?  can't think of any, but i don't really recall the 2009s so well.  asprilla's handler did, of course, but handlers don't count.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 08, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »
out of 2009, 2010, 2011 commits (including mitchell), did any prominently mention kstate to the media more than a month or so prior to committing?  can't think of any, but i don't really recall the 2009s so well.  asprilla's handler did, of course, but handlers don't count.

pretty sure spradling did.  Judge mentioned KSU pretty early in the process, but some of his late summer updates didn't and I pretty much assumed we lost him.  His and McGruder's commitments basically came out of nowhere.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 08, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »
pretty sure spradling did.  Judge mentioned KSU pretty early in the process, but some of his late summer updates didn't and I pretty much assumed we lost him.  His and McGruder's commitments basically came out of nowhere.

yeah, spradling did.

just pulled up his first update, which was the 2007 elite camp report.  it wasn't just jmart back then.  maybe because of competition from him, or whatever.  the update had high information density.

K-State hosted its first ever Elite Camp, an event that allows the coaches to see some of the top prospects from the area as well as some from across the country they hope to lure to play in their program. The camp was limited to players entering the ninth through 12th grades in the fall of 2007 and is especially recommended for those who are college-bound.

"Having an Elite Camp is extremely beneficial when you can have that caliber of players come in and you actually put them through a practice session similar to what we put our players through," the coach said. "It gives those guys a chance to see what we do with our guys and our teaching points. At the end of the day, recruiting is about building relationships, and any time you can spend time with guys you'd like to recruit or are recruiting, it is either going to strengthen that relationship or just help you understand if players are right for you and vice versa."

Martin also talked about the skill level of the players they had in the camp.

"Tremendous. Tremendous. I believe we had 42 young men. I could be wrong by one or two, but when we broke camp I'm pretty sure that was about the number. That's where we wanted it at. There were some high level players there, some high level players, and the kind of guys that if you get will help us win a lot of Big 12 games."

CAMP STANDOUTS

Florida Rams president Matt Ramker said there were six players who showed their skills as some of the tops in the camp.

"Our three from here (Kenny Kadji, Ray Shipman and Dago Pena), Marcus Denmon and Travis Releford from Kansas City and Terrence Boyd from Norman kind of separated themselves from the others on the court. They were playing at a high level throughout the weekend."

MORE PARTICIPANTS
The list of all participants is not available but several other prospects' names have been identified as making their way to Manhattan. Shawnee Mission South point guard Will Spradling was one of the participants. The 6-foot-1 point guard is one of Kansas City's better prospects from the upcoming sophomore class.

Bishop Miege sophomore-to-be Justin McCay, who played this season as a freshman for the Stags, was there as were three of his teammates. McCay's freshman classmate Trevor Releford was in attendance. A fourth member of the Stags, Willie Reed, was at the Elite Camp, but the 6-foot-9 center committed to play for St. Louis University on Tuesday.

Two other Kansas players in attendance were Wichita Southeast guard and 2008 prospect Jordan Cyphers and Abilene, Kan., guard and 2010 recruit Curry Sexton.

FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
Sexton was able to watch most of the 2007-08 K-State team scrimmage while he was in Manhattan as the players scrimmaged Saturday night at Bramlage Coliseum.

"We got to watch the current team scrimmage," Sexton said. "They had some impressive plays and players. Michael Beasley was hitting everything he threw up. He is going to be very good next year.

"The guy that really impressed me was Dominique Sutton. I had heard he was pretty good, but I didn't know he was that good. It didn't matter who was on him or where he was. He would go around them and score or he could shoot outside and make it. Like I said, I didn't know he was that good."

BIG IMPROVEMENT
Sexton was also impressed by Kadji during the camp sessions.

"I was at the game when (Kadji) came to Bramlage with his team to play Beasley's team," he said. "From what I saw that day to what I saw this weekend, he has made a lot of improvement.

"He was a good player and you could tell he had ability earlier, but he was just a better player this weekend than he was then."

A FAMILIAR SOUND

Pena and Martin both speak fluent Spanish, a fact that allowed the 6-foot-6 forward to hit it off well with the Wildcat coach.
"I think Dago really felt good being able to talk in Spanish with Frank," Ramker said. "They were talking all weekend to each other and laughing. It was good for Dago to get to do that."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 08, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »

lols

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/05/08/jack-to-visit-carolina-kentucky/

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2010, 08:21:02 AM »

lols

Quote from: SethDavisHoops
Steve Lavin's smartest hire at StJ was Rice HS coach Maurice Hicks. I'll bet Hicks is the highest paid director of bkb operations in the US.

wonder if Jack wants to stay at home to play college ball

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 10, 2010, 08:28:51 AM »

sju couldn't take him, if he did.  the chalmers rule passed earlier this year.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 10, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »

doh.  thx 4 clarification.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 10, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »

I'll admit, I wondered at first if the prep school thing was a loophole around this rule.  I don't think it would work though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 10, 2010, 09:01:25 AM »
I'll admit, I wondered at first if the prep school thing was a loophole around this rule.  I don't think it would work though.

yeah, that was my thought too, but it doesn't work.  the 2011 rice guy could do that, if he was inclined.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

lols

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=51416

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 10, 2010, 01:59:24 PM »
hey underdog wildcat, register here.  even if you don't want to post you can send me pms with scout premium info.  and you can be included on recruiting pms from here.

do it.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 10, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »
WTF is a PM? :dunno: