Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457081 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2725 on: April 29, 2011, 11:08:14 AM »
i don't like ucf anymore.  they are injecting too much entropy into florida & surroundings recruiting.

Interesting thought.  What does entropy mean?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 29, 2011, 11:13:01 AM »
i don't like ucf anymore.  they are injecting too much entropy into florida & surroundings recruiting.

Interesting thought.  What does entropy mean?

entropy is the natural tendency of the universe towards disorder or randomness (chaos).

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 29, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »

:popcorn:

I'm 35 years with bad knees and I could do all but one of those dunks
<------------ late to the party here but I'm calling bullshit on this one. :dubious:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 29, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »

:popcorn:

I'm 35 years with bad knees and I could do all but one of those dunks
<------------ late to the party here but I'm calling bullshit on this one. :dubious:

Pretty sure MIR is a black dude.  They can all jump really high so I'm not going to doubt him.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 29, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
True.  I've had more than one 35 yr old black guy with bad knees dunk on my head.

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gomeangreen.com
« Reply #2730 on: April 29, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
Speaking of decommits/releases from LOIs... Have there been any rumors of Gipson potentially requesting a release?

Not trying to stir up crap or anything... There's a rumor out that one of the DFW kids in the Rivals 150 is considering asking for a release from an LOI. There are only 5 or 6 viable candidates, and most of those are even less likely than Gipson. Especially when the rumor popped up right after you guys landed not one but two JUCO posts.

I thought Gipson was totally on board with you guys, so at first I didn't think it could be him. Any anxieties over him sticking with your class?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 29, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:23 PM »
Speaking of decommits/releases from LOIs... Have there been any rumors of Gipson potentially requesting a release?

Not trying to stir up crap or anything... There's a rumor out that one of the DFW kids in the Rivals 150 is considering asking for a release from an LOI. There are only 5 or 6 viable candidates, and most of those are even less likely than Gipson. Especially when the rumor popped up right after you guys landed not one but two JUCO posts.

I thought Gipson was totally on board with you guys, so at first I didn't think it could be him. Any anxieties over him sticking with your class?

He did have a few weird tweets copied on here a few weeks ago about how everyone was transfering and that people needed to stay where they were, or some crap like that.

I will officially blame the Greek if this happens.  

Also, pretty obvious that the whole Tony fiasco was N Tex's doing now that it has fully played out.

Greek, why is your school sabotaging ours?  

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 29, 2011, 02:41:20 PM »

He did have a few weird tweets copied on here a few weeks ago about how everyone was transfering and that people needed to stay where they were, or some crap like that.

I will officially blame the Greek if this happens. 

Also, pretty obvious that the whole Tony fiasco was N Tex's doing now that it has fully played out.

Greek, why is your school sabotaging ours? 

Again... I don't know anything for sure. But the rumors are coming from the same place as the "T-Mitch to North Texas" one did.

Honestly, I don't think losing Gipson would be a huge loss for you guys. I don't know that he'd ever be more than a roleplayer on a competitive Big 12 team.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 29, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 29, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
 :frown:

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 29, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
AND nobody has said the player in question is Gipson. He's just one of the few that would make sense.

Didn't know about the twitter stuff, and the JUCO influx coupled with the defections make it seem like I shouldn't have ruled him out.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 29, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
So 95 gets a 'ship after all and I have to unfollow @biggipfan

'grats Pancakes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 29, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
from his tweets & facebook, that would be extremely surprising.

kstate has landed not one, but zero, juco posts.  although it is strongly rumored that watson will sign in the near future (or already has but hasn't announced).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 29, 2011, 02:49:33 PM »

kstate has landed not one, but zero, juco posts.  although it is strongly rumored that watson will sign in the near future (or already has but hasn't announced).

Thought Watson was announced at the same time as Omari and others?   :dunno:

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 29, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »

If I'm wrong on that, sorry. Heard "2 JUCO posts" second-hand. I don't follow you guys as closely as you do yourselves, obviously.

Again, not trying to cause a panic or start a shitstorm. I didn't think Gipson was one of the likelier suspects; just trying to figure out whether there was any reason to think he might be.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 29, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »

no, cassidy reported that he committed.  but then there's been nothing about him signing despite signing confirmos for ar-t, lawrence and jones.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 29, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
It's not gipson

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 29, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »
Again, not trying to cause a panic or start a shitstorm. I didn't think Gipson was one of the likelier suspects; just trying to figure out whether there was any reason to think he might be.

it's not a problem, just expressing how unlikely i think it is that the rumor refers to gipson.  if i see anything on who it might be, i'll post it here.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 29, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 29, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

no, cassidy reported that he committed.  but then there's been nothing about him signing despite signing confirmos for ar-t, lawrence and jones.

Interesting.  Doesn't that mean that we still have a 'ship to fill(assuming 95 doesn't get it)?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 29, 2011, 03:00:06 PM »
It's not gipson

spill the beans  :dubious:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 29, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »
It's not gipson

his rough ridin' facebook name is thomas kansas state gipson. he knows family of mine from the dallas area, they've seen him just walking around in k-state gear. he loves frank. i think i even know a guy he's living with in manhattan. there's just no way, dudes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 29, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
It's not gipson

his rough ridin' facebook name is thomas kansas state gipson. he knows family of mine from the dallas area, they've seen him just walking around in k-state gear. he loves frank. i think i even know a guy he's living with in manhattan. there's just no way, dudes.

oh, I thought you knew who was leaving (in addition to Nick).  disregard request for spilled beans. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 29, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
Did Gip just say something on twitter or FB, bitching about people who try to get out of their commitments?