Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457074 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2650 on: April 25, 2011, 11:30:09 PM »
don't forget that jones and watson might be awesome locker room guys, though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 25, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »

:popcorn:

I'm 35 years with bad knees and I could do all but one of those dunks

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 26, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 26, 2011, 03:33:24 AM »
Jones, a native of the Chicago area, was named the Jayhawk West Conference Player of the Year after averaging 18.9 points at Seward C.C. this season. He chose the Wildcats over Arizona State, Marquette, West Virginia and Oklahoma.

"As far as junior college guards go, Jones was one of the big guns still left on the board," ESPN's Dave Telep said. "Kansas State worked his extremely hard and fended off plenty of competition for him."

Some good offers there.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: April 26, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
Jones is perhaps the best JUCO recruit of the Martin era. Watson is pretty meh, but at least he looks like a long athletic big and not some big, slow post that doesn't fit (Herrera, Asprilla) what Martin is trying to do.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: April 26, 2011, 07:18:59 AM »
Jones, a native of the Chicago area, was named the Jayhawk West Conference Player of the Year after averaging 18.9 points at Seward C.C. this season. He chose the Wildcats over Arizona State, Marquette, West Virginia and Oklahoma.

"As far as junior college guards go, Jones was one of the big guns still left on the board," ESPN's Dave Telep said. "Kansas State worked his extremely hard and fended off plenty of competition for him."

Some good offers there.

I don't buy most of those good offers fwiw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 26, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »

Some good offers there.

If it was just GP or someone reporting those it would be one thing, but from Telep it seems pretty legit.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 26, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »

Some good offers there.

If it was just GP or someone reporting those it would be one thing, but from Telep it seems pretty legit.

I know.  Don't buy them anyway.  There's a reason it was down to us and South (or was it Central?) Florida and then later us and Houston. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 26, 2011, 07:36:06 AM »
congrats goes out to Houston for making a late push and pulling even with the cats though

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 26, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »
seems just like Nick telling everyone that Duke was recruiting him

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 26, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »
Uconn  wanted Luis BAD!!
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 26, 2011, 07:53:07 AM »
Here is my deal on Jones, it doesn't take much looking to see that he was one of the top JUCO guards available for the spring and he got a lot of legitimate attention from decent programs in the last couple weeks. He is not the typical Frank spring signee IMO.

I won't say the same about Watson.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 26, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
Here is my deal on Jones, it doesn't take much looking to see that he was one of the top JUCO guards available for the spring and he got a lot of legitimate attention from decent programs in the last couple weeks. He is not the typical Frank spring signee IMO.

Watson at least makes sense in that we would have had a non-frosh big rotation of 2 people....and that is if you call Jamar a big. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:47 AM »

Watson at least makes sense in that we would have had a non-frosh big rotation of 2 people....and that is if you call Jamar a big. 

I agree that Watson does provide post depth and it makes some sense, but I'm just saying he wasn't nearly as sought after as Jones. I don't think Jones is a Myles, Awaji, or Gilbert level JUCO recruit.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: April 26, 2011, 08:10:21 AM »

I agree that Watson does provide post depth and it makes some sense, but I'm just saying he wasn't nearly as sought after as Jones. I don't think Jones is a Myles, Awaji, or Gilbert level JUCO recruit.

he's blake young

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 26, 2011, 08:16:23 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 26, 2011, 08:39:05 AM »
myles and awaji had equivalent offers.  maybe not as many, but that's because they weren't offer whores.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 26, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »
myles and awaji had equivalent offers.  maybe not as many, but that's because they weren't offer whores.

People like Telep didn't talk about Myles and Awaji being great pick-ups. You had to scour google to find anything about those guys, there is quite a bit out there about Jones and his recruitment. West Virginia was legitimately recruiting him and all indications are he told them no. Same with Marquette and Indiana. I get the concern that the main players at the end were Houston and South Florida, but I think Jones got some real attention from high majors in the last 2 months.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 26, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »
Ballin' is a Habit:

Iowa signs a 26 year old ex-con from the JuCo ranks

I think it is safe to say that we know who the most interesting incoming recruit in the country next season will be.

26 year old Anthony Hubbard, who signed with Iowa on Saturday.

He dropped out of high school in the 10th grade in 2002. One of his brothers was killed that same year. And on December 13th, 2003, was charged with four felonies for breaking into a house and robbing and beating a man in that house. Hubbard turned himself in three days later, eventually getting sentenced to three years and eleven months in prison. He reportedly drove the getaway car.

But that incident, as violent as it seems, was apparently an outlying mistake made by a kid than a precursor to a life of crime.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:10 AM »

People like Telep didn't talk about Myles and Awaji being great pick-ups. You had to scour google to find anything about those guys, there is quite a bit out there about Jones and his recruitment. West Virginia was legitimately recruiting him and all indications are he told them no. Same with Marquette and Indiana. I get the concern that the main players at the end were Houston and South Florida, but I think Jones got some real attention from high majors in the last 2 months.

read in a blurb Jones was to vist ASU this month. Not sure if that happened.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:10 AM »
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
by stevedaveKSU
Wally Judge will also visit Washington the weekend of May 6 after visiting Maryland this weekend

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: April 26, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
read in a blurb Jones was to vist ASU this month. Not sure if that happened.

they signed 2 or 3 pgs earlier this month.  pretty sure that ended their involvement with jones.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: April 26, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
nice catch hoopers.  :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: April 26, 2011, 09:55:29 AM »
good lord, even kstate fball fans are laughing at us now.