Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457117 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1450 on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:11 AM »

doubledribble

« Reply #1451 on: August 06, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »
Sorry I got too deep for you there.  I will keep it simple next time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 06, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
Sorry I got too deep for you there.  I will keep it simple next time.

OHHH!  :surprised:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »
GLOVES ARE OFF

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 06, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
So after one year of Selby and maybe a sweet 16 or something compared to 4 years of fatty collins?  We have no idea how a-rod will turn out.  Let's say he turns out to be a 12 pts and 5-6 assists guy over the course of his career at ksu.  You still take Selby and the baggage?  Again its that debate about the stars and rankings.  Are the other two guys we are recruiting from dc assault 1 and done?

ku will get to recruit a new player when selby leaves.  they don't have to leave it open for the following 3 years.

who do you mean with the dca recruits, seagears and cook?  there is scanty evidence either is still being recruited, but if those are the players referenced, no.  neither is a guy that could leave after a year.  not that convinced seagears is all that good, actually.  rather have ar-t.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 06, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
doubledribble

another victim of that vicious goEMAW poster intimidation

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 06, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
the guy didn't stand a chance.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM »
doubledribble

another victim of that vicious goEMAW poster intimidation

:gocho:

sys, you can have your thread back

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 06, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
So after one year of Selby and maybe a sweet 16 or something compared to 4 years of fatty collins?  We have no idea how a-rod will turn out.  Let's say he turns out to be a 12 pts and 5-6 assists guy over the course of his career at ksu.  You still take Selby and the baggage?  Again its that debate about the stars and rankings.  Are the other two guys we are recruiting from dc assault 1 and done?

ku will get to recruit a new player when selby leaves.  they don't have to leave it open for the following 3 years.

who do you mean with the dca recruits, seagears and cook?  there is scanty evidence either is still being recruited, but if those are the players referenced, no.  neither is a guy that could leave after a year.  not that convinced seagears is all that good, actually.  rather have ar-t.

:eek:

A month ago everyone here was convinced the guy was a scrub.  Is ar-11' still a lock for EMAW?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 06, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »
A month ago everyone here was convinced the guy was a scrub.  Is ar-11' still a lock for EMAW?

i've always been an ar-t apologist.  don't lump me in with the rest of these candle to the winders.

don't think he's a lock. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1460 on: August 06, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »

i've always been an ar-t apologist.  don't lump me in with the rest of these candle to the winders.

don't think he's a lock. 

Thoughts on ar-t going prep and classifying in 2012?

No evidence he will; just wondering if we want him and he wants EMAW, it may be his best chance if there are no defections?

:dunno:

( :facepalm: <-- at myself for even thinking this.)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 06, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
Ray South's Corey Hilliard to Nubbland, decent get for Doc.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1110404

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 06, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »
Looks like we're bascially out of the running for Boatright. Could have seen this one coming but still, PG options for this class are dwindling on  a daily basis.

"The offers have come from Miami (Fla.), Texas-El Paso (where Floyd landed), West Virginia, Iowa, Minnesota, DePaul, Baylor and Providence.

Tennessee, Kentucky and Wake Forest have shown interest, too, but have yet to offer."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beaconnews/sports/2571518,2_2_AU06_BOATRIGHT_S1-100806.article

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 06, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
A month ago everyone here was convinced the guy was a scrub.  Is ar-11' still a lock for EMAW?

i've always been an ar-t apologist.  don't lump me in with the rest of these candle to the winders.

don't think he's a lock.  

Thoughts on ar-t going prep and classifying in 2012?

No evidence he will; just wondering if we want him and he wants EMAW, it may be his best chance if there are no defections?

( :facepalm: <-- at myself for even thinking this.)

we need a pg way more right now that later :dunno:

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #1464 on: August 06, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »
Looks like we're bascially out of the running for Boatright. Could have seen this one coming but still, PG options for this class are dwindling on  a daily basis.

"The offers have come from Miami (Fla.), Texas-El Paso (where Floyd landed), West Virginia, Iowa, Minnesota, DePaul, Baylor and Providence.

Tennessee, Kentucky and Wake Forest have shown interest, too, but have yet to offer."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beaconnews/sports/2571518,2_2_AU06_BOATRIGHT_S1-100806.article

Underdog, with the signings this last week does it mean we are out of the running for Rodriguez and Cannen Cunningham? How many schollies do  we have left? Ive heard Cunningham is a beast.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 07, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
Honestly? I really don't know. I've heard we've offered both and that both are planning to visit Manhattan this fall.

Hoowever, it would be a major surprise to me if we took another big in this class. Hell, I was surprised we took 2 bigs in this class, so given our current scolly crunch(If you count O. Lawrence we're setting up to be 1 over for '11-'12) I'm thinking we pass on Cunningham.

Rodriguez? Well the "beat" writer in your sig pic is convinced it's a done deal. Again, we already appear to be oversigning(which is something our staff hasn't done before), but I haven't seen anything to lead to believe that we've stopped recruiting Rodriguez or that anyone else besides KSU is his leader. I have no clue how we'd make the #'s work, but if I had to bet on it today, I'd bet on Rodriguez ending up at KSU.

There you go, completely unfounded and sourceless recruiting analysis, it's what I do best.

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #1466 on: August 07, 2010, 12:31:32 AM »
Honestly? I really don't know. I've heard we've offered both and that both are planning to visit Manhattan this fall.

Hoowever, it would be a major surprise to me if we took another big in this class. Hell, I was surprised we took 2 bigs in this class, so given our current scolly crunch(If you count O. Lawrence we're setting up to be 1 over for '11-'12) I'm thinking we pass on Cunningham.

Rodriguez? Well the "beat" writer in your sig pic is convinced it's a done deal. Again, we already appear to be oversigning(which is something our staff hasn't done before), but I haven't seen anything to lead to believe that we've stopped recruiting Rodriguez or that anyone else besides KSU is his leader. I have no clue how we'd make the #'s work, but if I had to bet on it today, I'd bet on Rodriguez ending up at KSU.

There you go, completely unfounded and sourceless recruiting analysis, it's what I do best.

Thx, glad were reaching into Texas.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 07, 2010, 12:39:10 AM »
Why oversign with two bigs?  < nobody can answer this. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 07, 2010, 01:23:06 AM »
(Freddy will go pro)staff counting on it, and Omari has to earn a scholarship that doesn't exist, so we will have three scholarships

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 07, 2010, 01:51:54 AM »
(Freddy will go pro)staff counting on it
the "staff counting on it" part makes it seem like you have insidery info. PM if so.  Don't wan't want to dog you if you know something.  Doesn't make sense to me personally. He isn't getting drafted.  He's not a prospect 

and Omari has to earn a scholarship that doesn't exist, so we will have three scholarships
clearly, But when has Frank ever left someone out there like that.  Seems more likely he sends him packing (or someone(s) else).  we aren't getting this kid 2 years for free. also d-pete, who will probably not make it here, but it throws another cog into the mess. 

I dunno, I just want an impact combo guard.  Maybe ART is that.  I'm just scared he isn't (sys can steer me straight here).  Seems like we are throwing all of our eggs into our basket as hard as we can. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: August 07, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »
imo, asprilla will be a very effective scorer in the big 12 (scared of his d though).  but 0% chance he goes pro.

despite bossi being meh on ar-t after seeing him play 5 minutes in houston, all the reasons to think he's a solid pg remain.  people that have seen him most, like him.  he's been the best player in his age group in pr since he was 14, etc.

he's a scoring pg.  mature body.  i think he could contribute as a freshman, maybe not "impact" though.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 07, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »
Why oversign with two bigs?  < nobody can answer this. 

Perhaps its likely that at least one of the guys we're after is a prep school placement. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:42 AM »
Art Alvarez had some quotes about Freddy going pro early when he was still at FIU.  Seems kinda like a kid that could have it in his mind to go pro early no matter what...damn the torpedoes.

Maybe he's saying that he needs a paycheck next year one way or another....Europe, etc.  :dunno:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 07, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »
Art Alvarez had some quotes about Freddy going pro early when he was still at FIU.  Seems kinda like a kid that could have it in his mind to go pro early no matter what...damn the torpedoes.

Maybe he's saying that he needs a paycheck next year one way or another....Europe, etc.  :dunno:

Name one of Art's players that he didn't say would go pro before he played for us.  Reading too much into Art's player reviews is bad business. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 07, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »

Pete, god damnit