Author Topic: Non-Rivals  (Read 4942 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: Racist Martin t-shirt
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted or anyone has mentioned anything like this...but....

A friend of mine said she saw a T-Shirt in a store in Lawrence that had "Kansas" on the front and "Frank Martin Mows our Lawn" on the back.  Apparently a few were also seen at the KSU/KU game.  A bit  :opcat: yea?  Pretty low.  Pretty low...

I can imagine that a few jackass students would make these, but a store selling them?  GMAFB

Not here yet, but there is a pretty active post about it on the "other" site.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Rivals
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »
“Well, I’m getting ragged for it but basically what happened is we decided to do the shirt – a college kid submitted it to me – then the next thing we know, somebody said it was racist,” Sinks says. “I thought (Martin) was Italian but somebody said he’s Cuban, so we pulled the shirt. The intent of the shirt was that K-State is an agricultural school and the joke was that the guy may be a great coach in Manhattan but he can’t coach in Lawrence.”

http://www.kcconfidential.com/?p=12660

what a douche
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Rivals
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 07:47:36 AM »
“Well, I’m getting ragged for it but basically what happened is we decided to do the shirt – a college kid submitted it to me – then the next thing we know, somebody said it was racist,” Sinks says. “I thought (Martin) was Italian but somebody said he’s Cuban, so we pulled the shirt. The intent of the shirt was that K-State is an agricultural school and the joke was that the guy may be a great coach in Manhattan but he can’t coach in Lawrence.”

http://www.kcconfidential.com/?p=12660

what a douche

Easy mistake.  Many people have thought Frank is EYE-talian.