Author Topic: Arguments For and Against Rushing the Field When We Find Victory Thursday  (Read 10162 times)

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
The fans of Kansas State have stay off the various surfaces at the school's athletic arenas since 2006 (streak burning Walker-Beas Fest doesn't count). Are we storming the field when we win Thursday?

Reasons why we should:

1. For many years, Nebraska was our Super Bowl (pre-CTR) and while they may not be our SB anymore, this game has the chance to be bigger than the SB. It's kind of like the last Super Bowl before the Sun implodes and destroys the solar system. After Thursday, Nebraska is dead to us in the Football Universe. So, when aliens find our planet after we've all killed each other off, they're gonna find the program to this game in the time-capsule.

2. Nub is ranked in the top 10. We haven't played them while they were a top 10 team since 19??. Also, our last field storming was against 4th ranked UT, so we're not really stomping on precedent here.

(Edit: 3. Someone can punch Bo Pelini in is stupid rough ridin' face.)

Reasons why we shouldn't:

1. Thanks to the overzealous fans at KU and CU, field-storming couldn't be less cool right now.

2. We are undefeated, we expect to win every game.

3. Frivolous rushing of the field devalue the great field-rushing of the late 90s and early 00's.

So, are we going or do we manipulate the rank and file into remaining in the stands.

PS. NVM if we don't win the game.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:27:58 AM by kcchiefdav »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
parody post?  :dunno:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
They better not storm the field. I'll be pissed.

Just gives Nebraska the, "We're such a huge win for you" card. Would be more of a slap in their face if we don't and be all, "no big deal, it's not like you're really that good."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
eff it.  Storm that bitch.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Haven't nebraska players lost their cool and assaulted fans before?  I'll take a punch in the face if it means embarrassment for nubb.  :dunno:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
foooock it.  Storm that bitch.

I will, even if I am the only one.  :lynchmob:
RIP Fatty

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
if it happens i'm heading straight for alex henery and kicking him in the scrotum, sd style

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
burn the place down booze cats

Offline KSU-Krazie

• Fan
    • View Profile
foooock it.  Storm that bitch.

^^^Agree^^^

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The fans of Kansas State have stay off the various surfaces at the school's athletic arenas since 2006 (unless I'm forgetting something).

There was that one basketball game.

I'm ok with rushing the field if we win in a close game. It'll make the Nubraska tears taste much better. And Pelini might try and fight someone. If we blow them out ( :powerespect:) then we should stay in the stands and be all   :gocho:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:50:49 AM by AbeFroman »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Arguments For and Against Rushing the Field When We Find Victory Saturday
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
If we win, it's getting rushed.  You can absolutely count on it.

There is a generation of students who haven't gotten to do it.  We were all  :gocho: after beating Texas in basketball, so they deserve it.

Go get the posts, take them to the Ville.   :party:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:03 AM »
WGAF?

If you wanna rush, then rush. 

If you wanna clap and stand there, then clap and stand there. 

If you wanna punch the nearest Husker man/woman/child in the face and possibly break their nose, then punch the nearest Husker man/woman/child in the face and break their nose....because it will be chaos, with the rushing and all...and security would be far too busy with that, and you would probably get away with it.  If that's your thing.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
Just makes us less distinguishible from UK. Stay in your seats.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
The fans of Kansas State have stay off the various surfaces at the school's athletic arenas since 2006 (unless I'm forgetting something).

There was that one basketball game.

I'm ok with rushing the field if we win in a close game. It'll make the Nubraska tears taste much better. And Pelini might try and fight someone. If we blow them out ( :powerespect:) then we should stay in the stands and be all   :gocho:

I was thinking more.  :lol: in husker fans faces if that happens.
RIP Fatty

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: So uh...NU hasnt played anyone
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »
Now is NOT the time to act "too cool for school".  Listen to your heart and you cannot go wrong.

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
Storm that mother rough rider and burn it down.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
I'm completely anti-rushing. Would rather the entire crowd just silent shrug  :dunno: and leave quietly and orderly with a collective "meh."
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »
If K-State wins and the field gets rushed, nobody would be watching if a group of K-Staters went up to Tom Osbourne's press box and beat the ever-living crap out of him. Sure this group of studs would definitely get laid and have people buy them drinks all night, but they should try to be the better men and resist the urge. Nobody would know that they were the better men, and most people would just assume they were pussies, but if you know that you were the better man, that's what really matters.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
Schools like Arizona, Boston College, Northwestern, Notre Dame and Wisconsin have invested $30,000 for a pair for "indestructible" goal posts from Chicago-based Merchants Environmental Industries. The piping company has been manufacturing goalposts for the past 12 years and guarantees their steel goals won't fall from shear human force alone. Two years ago, Merchants Environmental gave Kansas State two new goalposts after one fell following a victory over Nebraska.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
Schools like Arizona, Boston College, Northwestern, Notre Dame and Wisconsin have invested $30,000 for a pair for "indestructible" goal posts from Chicago-based Merchants Environmental Industries. The piping company has been manufacturing goalposts for the past 12 years and guarantees their steel goals won't fall from shear human force alone. Two years ago, Merchants Environmental gave Kansas State two new goalposts after one fell following a victory over Nebraska.

So, if we take another one down we should get two more and have backups, right?

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
the thought of coming between bo and the locker room and just seeing the look of mass confusion on his face as i let out a roar ric flair would be proud of, just makes me feel great inside. i would also like to see tom osbourne's old ass being dragged around the field by willie, who would be on a horse. like an old west comedy but in this instance tom's head falls off.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 11:13:25 AM »
the #1 reason not to rush the field on Saturday is that we play on thursday.  by the time saturday gets here the "buzz" of the win will have worn off, rushing the field at that point would seem anticlimatic.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »
Remember that time the NU player punched the lights out of that MU fan!?  That could be you!  :excited:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
If K-State wins and the field gets rushed, nobody would be watching if a group of K-Staters went up to Tom Osbourne's press box and beat the ever-living crap out of him. Sure this group of studs would definitely get laid and have people buy them drinks all night, but they should try to be the better men and resist the urge. Nobody would know that they were the better men, and most people would just assume they were pussies, but if you know that you were the better man, that's what really matters.

As long as whoever this group of studs don't prison tatoo "XII" on his felon playing forehead, this isn't really anything to mention.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 11:18:59 AM »
I'm going over the wall.  Come with me or don't.  I don't give a eff.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb