Author Topic: LFBIQ ?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
LFBIQ ?
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
Would it make any sense to use a 4-3 front against Nebraska, moving Lamur up to one of the LB positions to spy Martinez? This would still allow for two corners and safeties while giving is a more athletic presence at LB.

At least it would be something different than watching a running quarterback go off for 200 yards.  :dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Clifford Dave

Re: LFBIQ ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
Would it make any sense to use a 4-3 front against Nebraska, moving Lamur up to one of the LB positions to spy Martinez? This would still allow for two corners and safeties while giving is a more athletic presence at LB.

At least it would be something different than watching a running quarterback go off for 200 yards.  :dunno:
Snyder has the "PLAN".

Sugar Dick

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »

Hasn't Lamur sort of taken over the roll formerly held by Butler?  If so, I think this will happen, and maybe did to an extent against UCF (wasn't paying enough attention).

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »

Hasn't Lamur sort of taken over the roll formerly held by Butler?  If so, I think this will happen, and maybe did to an extent against UCF (wasn't paying enough attention).

It didn't. Lamur and Zimmerman were the safeties.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »

It didn't. Lamur and Zimmerman were the safeties.

Agreed. Myself and the commentators commented several times that it was foolish to have 2 safties lined up 15 years off the LOS. Eventually Hartman moved up to about 10 yards off the LOS, but Lamur still beat him to the ball on most run plays. No one ever spied the QB.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:17:44 PM »
I don't even remember seeing Hartman in the game Saturday. Did he come in after Zimmerman picked up the late hit?

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 11:25:58 PM »
I was told they were running new defensive packages against UCF. That explains why Tysyn didn't see as much playing time.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »
I was told they were running new defensive packages against UCF. That explains why Tysyn didn't see as much playing time.

Also, Tysyn sucks.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 11:43:20 PM »

Also, Tysyn sucks.

Him sucking could very well be the reason they needed new packages.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
Combo of Tysyn sucking, Zims being decent, and Lamur getting healthy.  And any discussion of our staff needing to assign a spy to Nubbs QB certainly belongs in a thread called LFBIQ. 

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:35 AM »
Combo of Tysyn sucking, Zims being decent, and Lamur getting healthy.  And any discussion of our staff needing to assign a spy to Nubbs QB certainly belongs in a thread called LFBIQ. 

Care to enlighten me on what a HFBIQ defense would look like against NU then?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 01:59:22 AM »
Same D we're already running.  How many points did UCF score?  Will you be inducted to the HOF the second you die/retire?  Expect to see a 3rd LB in the place of Harrison (the hybrid lb/s).  Maybe like a Slaughter?  He could really thrive in a spot like that, IMHO.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 02:10:15 AM »
Same D we're already running.  How many points did UCF score?  Will you be inducted to the HOF the second you die/retire?  Expect to see a 3rd LB in the place of Harrison (the hybrid lb/s).  Maybe like a Slaughter?  He could really thrive in a spot like that, IMHO.

LOL, your answer is to trust OB. That's some elite :powerespect: HFBIQ there, way to break it down.

Nebraska will run for 300 plus on us and score more points than us.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 02:13:38 AM »
Well, I will go with the opinion of a HOF coach over yours.  That is some super insidery elite HFBIQ for your Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) ass.  And you're welcome.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:17:12 AM »
Its a good question, but the issue is two things; a) who would your personnel be and b) how do you adjust to formations.

Right now Butler plays the LB/S combo which allows us to adjust to the spread formations that most teams use.  CFU spread less than most of our opponents, only using 2 WRs nearly half the time, mixing in 1 FB and 1 TE or 2 TEs in those formations.  They went 3 WR about 35-40% and 4/5 wide 10-15%.  Keep in mind that against UCLA, ISU, and CFU even though we saw teams that run more than they throw, they still were in spread sets most of the time and ISU was in 4 WR a lot.  You have to adjust to that.  And UCLA and CFU utilized the pistol set with their RB a ton, which puts different sorts of pressure on your defense as well while still spreading the field with 3 or 4 wide much of the time.  Against these formations, utilizing a traditional 4-3 would be very difficult if you didn't have a good OLB that could cover the pass, which is why we've went to the 4-2-5 with a safety type at that 3rd LB spot.  This simply allows for easier adjustments to spread sets.

One of the things Cosh seems to be trying to emphasize with this defense is creating the same presnap look every time, but then giving a variety of coverages, rolling down safeties, and getting 7 into the box a lot of different ways after the snap.  This has made things tough on the safeties, but I think they've adjusted well for the most part. 

As far as personnel, Butler has done a solid job at his spot, unless he is getting blocked by bigger bodies, then he gets swallowed up.  Against CFU, Zimmerman and Hartman started, then Lamur and Hartman played a series (CFU's TD, on the scoring play Hartman made the incorrect run fit), and the rest of the game Zimmerman and Lamur played.  Given the personnel, against bigger teams I think the logical adjustment would be to move Lamur to Butler's spot since he is a bigger body, and slide Zimmerman and Hartman to the safties.  It will be interesting to see if we make that adjustment.  As was said, we did start sliding Lamur closer to the LOS against CFU, and that is more possible b/c CFU ran fewer 3 and 4 wide formations.  I think as long as teams are in 3 or 4 wide we'll still see the 2 high safety look, but I agree that we need to find better ways to get an extra defender in the box (Lamur) against these teams that like to run more than pass from spread sets. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 08:18:38 AM »
jtksu, if Snyder changes the defense from the one we are currently running, would you say that the people posting in this thread have hfbiq or that Snyder has lfbiq? I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:28:04 AM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
The above question should state: How many points would of UCF scored if they wouldn't of shot themselves in the foot numerous times?.
I gotta say that sniper who picked off the receiver on that wide open touchdown is a hell of a shot. I'm glad their on our side :thumbsup:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:51 AM »
The above question should state: How many points would of UCF scored if they wouldn't of shot themselves in the foot numerous times?.
I gotta say that sniper who picked off the receiver on that wide open touchdown is a hell of a shot. I'm glad their on our side :thumbsup:

The Jackrabbits had two TDs taken off the board against NU because of stupid penalties.....

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »

The Jackrabbits had two TDs taken off the board against NU because of stupid penalties.....

BOOM!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »
Same D we're already running.  How many points did UCF score?  Will you be inducted to the HOF the second you die/retire?  Expect to see a 3rd LB in the place of Harrison (the hybrid lb/s).  Maybe like a Slaughter?  He could really thrive in a spot like that, IMHO.

Yeah, I get real tired of "if we hadn't/they hadn't shot themselves in the foot" posts.  IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.  Its part of the game, and as a defense, the longer you make teams run plays, the more likely it is they will eventually make a mistake that will cost them.  Its not that hard to figure out.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
Same D we're already running.  How many points did UCF score?  Will you be inducted to the HOF the second you die/retire?  Expect to see a 3rd LB in the place of Harrison (the hybrid lb/s).  Maybe like a Slaughter?  He could really thrive in a spot like that, IMHO.

Yeah, I get real tired of "if we hadn't/they hadn't shot themselves in the foot" posts.  IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.  Its part of the game, and as a defense, the longer you make teams run plays, the more likely it is they will eventually make a mistake that will cost them.  Its not that hard to figure out.

It's almost like where an offense begins its drive will determine the probability of scoring.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 12:02:19 PM »

It's not that hard to figure out that I was pointing out his question was flawed. UCF stopped themselves from scoring, Just as two penalties prevented the Jack Rabbits from scoring. Now if the KSU defense would of had 2 goal line stands THEN you could say that your defense stopped them. See what I did there?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »
It's not that hard to figure out that I was pointing out his question was flawed. UCF stopped themselves from scoring, Just as two penalties prevented the Jack Rabbits from scoring. Now if the KSU defense would of had 2 goal line stands THEN you could say that your defense stopped them. See what I did there?

Yeah, I get that.  I'd say a couple of times we did get stops and a couple times UCF shot themselves in the foot.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »

Yeah, I get that.  I'd say a couple of times we did get stops and a couple times UCF was shot themselves by Ft. Riley snipers in the foot.

FYP...suck it 12th man.