Author Topic: Tuggle committed  (Read 10687 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Tuggle committed
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2010, 03:27:55 PM »
Any chance he can enroll this spring since he was a qualifier out of HS?

I believe I remember hearing that this would be the case from the other board.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »

yes

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
How many years does he have left?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
How many years does he have left?

3 to play 2, iirc

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »

yes

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said he's a December grad. Can't wait to overreact to whatever he does in the Spring game.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2010, 03:49:25 PM »

yes

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said he's a December grad. Can't wait to overreact to whatever he does in the Spring game.

It's tradition.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »
rumblings that klien and Slamur start spring game 2011

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »
Tuggle out w/ shoulder hernia?

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »

:lick:

Looks like a character in a movie where Eddie Murphy plays all the characters.

This guy just looks like a bad ass, and his old man was a 14 year player in the  league.

I'm giving him my personal OK and a bunch of stars  :thumbsup:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »
Was his dad a LB?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2010, 04:05:59 PM »

yes

Many people don't know this, but the Spring Game is held each day on opposite day.  Yep, it's true.  Down to every detail.  OB wears his bedtime cortez's and everything.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »
...also, also Tuggle is the number 1 rated Juco dual thread QB by Rivals, and the #2 Juco overall QB rated by Rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/jcgridiron/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2743/2011;_ylt=AnrjoRPdAS53WHtBxB1C.LHhWZB4

Fellas, this is a very GOOD thing.  Obviously we are not looking at the next Bishop, and prolly not even close to Cam Newton, but this guy is pretty good....better than anything we have had since 2003.

i could agree with you right up until this point.

I meant BY BILL...jfc, I've been over this and over this.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
...also, also Tuggle is the number 1 rated Juco dual thread QB by Rivals, and the #2 Juco overall QB rated by Rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/jcgridiron/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2743/2011;_ylt=AnrjoRPdAS53WHtBxB1C.LHhWZB4

Fellas, this is a very GOOD thing.  Obviously we are not looking at the next Bishop, and prolly not even close to Cam Newton, but this guy is pretty good....better than anything we have had since 2003.

i could agree with you right up until this point.

I meant BY BILL...jfc, I've been over this and over this.

maybe explicitly mentioning it would have helped?   :dunno:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »
You guys can start thanking me at any moment for this commit.  :takingabow:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »
At no point have I ever said that I don't want Sams on the team or that Sams will never be a good QB for us.  I just really don't see Sams being ready to be a good QB for us next year so I really wanted Tuggle.  Best case scenerio-  Tuggle is good for 2 years and then Sams takes over.  Plus, we'll still have Pease on the roster.  Our QBs are going to be much better hext years, that's for sure.  Oh, and we'll have the Browns, too.  :woot:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »
And I seriously doubt this will affect Sams commitment in any way.

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »
Welcome, Tuggs.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 12:28:25 AM »
We just landed one dapper [redacted]. 

:woot:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »
He's 2 to play 2. Not that it matters. Redshirted at BC.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 01:29:29 AM »
Those fake headline things we sometimes do are going to go over real well with Tuggle.  Don't be tempted to do any now, but start thinking about it. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »
from someone who saw every snap he took in high school.

My son was on the same high school team with Justin. Justin Tuggle is a great young man from a great family and is an exceptional athlete. He never played quarterback until his sophmore year in high school, however he started at QB every game he played from his sophmore year on. Unfortunately, the school he played for was new at the time with few athletes, and pushed, due to its size, into the state's highest classification (5A), and we were forced to into a region that included the strongest teams in one of the strongest states in the country in terms of high school football quality. Therefore, our record (around .500) kept Justin off the radar of many of the country's football powerhouses. He did receive, however, offers from a bunch of schools, including Mississippi State in the SEC and, of course Boston College.

Strengths: As I said, Justin is an incredible athlete. He could be playing college ball at many different positions, including cornerback, safety, linebacker, wide receiver or tailback. He chose quarterback because it is the only position he ever played that he truly loved to play. In fact, he had considered quitting football in high school because he just was not enjoying it, until he started playing QB, and fell in love with the position.

What he brings to a team is an inate abilty to keep a play alive by eluding the rush until he either spots a receiver, or decides to run. In fact, he is more dangerous when a play breaks down than he is in a straight pitch and catch situation. He makes as many, if not more, plays with his feet, than he does with his arm. But don't discout his arm. He is very strong and can throw the ball accurately 50 yards down field with just the flick of his wrist.

Of course, you know the story of his career at Boston College. He was recruited by Coach Jagodinski because he wanted an elusive quarterback who could make plays with his feet, and Justin was the perfect quarterback for that kind of offense. However, Coach Jags got fired during Justin's redshirt year for interviewing with the NY Giants for their head coaching position. He was replaced by Coach Spaziani, who runs a pro-style, straight drop back in the pocket type of offense. At this point, Justin's career as BC quarterback was sealed.

Weaknesses: Justin is not great as a pocket passer. I have never been able to figure this out. He sometimes misses the open receiver simply because he has too much time to think about making the perfect throw. Pressure him, however, and his throw is almost always on the money. This is what sealed his fate at BC.

He also is not a great option quarterback, unless he keeps the ball himself, then good things tend to happen. It just seems he has never been able to get the timing of the pitch down. I have always felt that coaching would cure this ill, however I listened to his first game at Blinn, and on his first option play, the threw the ball behind the pitch man, out of bounds, for a 14 yard loss (on the next play, however, he threw a bomb which hit the receiver in stride for a long TD).

He also tends to be streaky. When he is having a bad game, he has a REALLY bad game. Fortunately, these are pretty rare.

There you have it; the good and the bad of Justin Tuggle as I know it. Like I said, he is a great kid and is a great asset to any school lucky enough to get him. He will win you some games with his feet and arm, but he might lose you one too with the same appendages.

I put this report in a seperate post from the long one on Justin because I thought most of you would like to read about him from someone with first-hand experience in watching his career advance.

:frown:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 07:57:39 AM »
maybe staff can convince him to play LB