Author Topic: Who does the bye week hurt more, KSU or NU?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Who does the bye week hurt more, KSU or NU?
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
The Cats and the Huskers each have next weekend off, with the game on the following Thursday.

The question I am posing to the board is who does this help the most?  Not who will win, or who will play better...but simply who benefits most from the bye week, and why?

My HOPE is that benefits KSU more....the reason WHY is that we'll introduce a flurry of plays featuring our previously un-featured play makers.  I'm talking Slammur, Harper, and Thomas all taking as many snaps as Carsy...that kind of thing.  If we do not do this, then in my opinion the bye helps NU, because all they need to do is try impersonate UCF and beat us by 70 points.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who does the bye week hurt more, KSU or NU?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:15:12 AM »
As painful as we looked yesterday, NU only won 17-3 v a FCS school and they pulled Martinez at the end of the game. 

I believe WRSOAT will make the most of the bye as NU will probably use it to recruit.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
Can't help but think the SDSU game is going to be used by Pelini to beat/whip his team into shape.  The bye week gives him more time to do it.

What's Bill going to use the time for?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »
As painful as we looked yesterday, NU only won 17-3 v a FCS school and they pulled Martinez at the end of the game. 

I believe WRSOAT will make the most of the bye as NU will probably use it to recruit.
did they pull the qb because the game was in the bag?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:31:48 AM »

did they pull the qb because the game was in the bag?

17-3.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
martinez getting pulled against an fcs team can't hurt us.  fresh qb getting two weeks to sit and let the pressure build. i'm sure the bye will only help nubbs d though. they're prolly gonna be ready to destroy cc.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
Sdsu had two tds taken off the board by penalty. The fieldgoal didn't come from either of those possessions either. They ran right at them. They are also winless on the year. Very weird game.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »
I think that it gives KSU a slight advantage.  I think we have pretty much seen what to expect from NU, and so the staff will have time to really dissect their weaknesses.  NU isn't great against the run so that should hopefully be in our advantage.  

Then considering the catastrophe yesterday was for us offensively, and knowing the NU will present a much tougher defense as a whole; Snyder will add some much needed wrinkles into the offense.  After yesterday there cannot be anyway that they believe they can just stick the game plan offensively they've had so far.  

This is quite possibly the last NU game for sometime, Snyder can't be willing to go down without mixing it up somehow.  Plus, despite the fact Pelini has proven himself a halfway competent coach, given a week and half to prepare for them, Snyder should flex his coaching muscle some.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »

C_Manbeck

Since 1993-2005 (all Snyder teams), K-State teams went 6-4 in games following bye weeks.

C_Manbeck

From 1993-2000, the Wildcats were 5-1 in games following bye weeks, but from 2002-2004, KSU went 0-3 following bye weeks.

C_Manbeck

Those three losses came on the road against Colorado, on the road at No. 13 Texas, and a 42-30 loss at Texas A&M in 2004.