Author Topic: Keeping Fear Alive Rally  (Read 4505 times)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Fear Alive Rally
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »
The primary person keeping the fear alive . . . is the administration.

Who has now wrapped themselves in every cliche and saying of the previous administration in order to "explain" their perpetual war, and outright assault on civil liberties and privacy.

As I always say, it makes me LOL thinking about all the wailing and screaming that the Libratards and Obamabots did about the previous administration, only to see them now in frothing defense of policies that in some cases makes the previous administration look like a bunch of flower children.

The new internet bill is scary and wrong.  I have defended not a one of Obama's crappy civili liberties record with executive/legislative accomplishments.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
This was a more profound testimony than has been offered by many a cabinet level official.

"I like talking about people who don’t have any power, and it seems like one of the least powerful people in the United States are migrant workers who come in and do our work, but don’t have any rights as a result. And yet, we still ask them to come here, and at the same time, ask them to leave. And that’s an interesting contradiction to me, and um… You know, “whatsoever you did for the least of my brothers,” and these seemed like the least of my brothers, right now. A lot of people are “least brothers” right now, with the economy so hard, and I don’t want to take anyone’s hardship away from them or diminish it or anything like that. But migrant workers suffer, and have no rights."

I don't give 2 shits, no comedian should ever give testimony to a Congressional Committee while in rough ridin' character.

I know congress does plenty to embarass themselves but quit rubbing it in everyone's face that everything is a big joke and all you (congress) do is grandstand.

Also, has Colbert given lots of money to migrant workers?  Does he have a gardner? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »
I don't give 2 shits, no comedian should ever give testimony to a Congressional Committee while in rough ridin' character.

why not?

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
I don't give 2 fecess, no comedian should ever give testimony to a Congressional Committee while in fracking character.

why not?

Cause we should only ask ballplayers jacked up on steroids to sit in front of the braniacs in congress.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »
This was a more profound testimony than has been offered by many a cabinet level official.

"I like talking about people who don’t have any power, and it seems like one of the least powerful people in the United States are migrant workers who come in and do our work, but don’t have any rights as a result. And yet, we still ask them to come here, and at the same time, ask them to leave. And that’s an interesting contradiction to me, and um… You know, “whatsoever you did for the least of my brothers,” and these seemed like the least of my brothers, right now. A lot of people are “least brothers” right now, with the economy so hard, and I don’t want to take anyone’s hardship away from them or diminish it or anything like that. But migrant workers suffer, and have no rights."

I find this neither profound nor do I see any contradiction.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »

We are indian givers about something as important as a job.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »

We are indian givers about something as important as a job.

No we aren't.  You're confusing government entitlements with fundamental rights.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
Colbert completely owned congress, was pretty hilarious actually.  Of course, the resident republitards can't take a joke.

You're right, we can't take any more of this congress.

:horrorsurprise: at the crazy amount of wittiness in that comedy right there!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12