Author Topic: Married Bro's  (Read 5732 times)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Married Bro's
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »
Question for you. So I am getting married to this hooker, and I am really against registering for gifts. My hooker says that is rude and guests will get us something anyways, probably something I dont want or something I already have.

I just think its too much to ask for people to spend their weekend on a wedding, suits, dresses, dry cleaning, etc and then ask them to give me a f'ing panini maker. Need help/suggestions bro's.  :pray:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Married Bro's
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
Question for you. So I am getting married to this hooker, and I am really against registering for gifts. My hooker says that is rude and guests will get us something anyways, probably something I dont want or something I already have.

I just think its too much to ask for people to spend their weekend on a wedding, suits, dresses, dry cleaning, etc and then ask them to give me a f'ing panini maker. Need help/suggestions bro's.  :pray:

whatever you say.

If you are against it, you should do something funny like work for tips with a karaoke performance to Let's Get it On after the first dance.  I think ethnic people/northern Lutherans do that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »
Register for gifts you Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Doing gift registry is like shopping and not having to pay for stuff.   

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
Register for gifts you Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Doing gift registry is like shopping and not having to pay for stuff.   

I dont want more dishes, food processors and crap like that. That's all I ever see on gift registeries. I want a mafia wedding where people hand me envelopes of cash or something.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »

I dont want more dishes, food processors and crap like that. That's all I ever see on gift registeries. I want a mafia wedding where people hand me envelopes of cash or something.

Here's how gift registry works:  You pick out stuff you want.  People buy it for you.  You don't have to get dishes or food processors.  People will always give you cash anyway. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 03:06:20 PM »
yeah dude, register for whatever the shazbot! you want. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »
I got married 3 years ago and xmas is still ruined because I never have anything to ask for.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 03:12:12 PM »

Here's how gift registry works:  You pick out stuff you want.  People buy it for you.  You don't have to get dishes or food processors.  People will always give you cash anyway. 

Yea go ahead and register.  Like SD said, most people will give you cash/gift cards anyways.  Register for crazy crap and you won't have to worry about getting any.  

When else can you ask for 12 sets of $75 stemwear?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »
Also, you can return stuff for cash if you really just want cash

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
Fiance and I recently registered at Crate and Barrel and Macy's.  Anyone care to pitch in to the Kilt wedding fund?  :dunno:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
Oh, another gift registry hack I used a ton:  Register at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  You get tons of those 20% off coupons, right?  Save them up.  When you get stuff take back the expensive stuff and then buy it again if you want it using the 20% coupon.  You get 20% of what it costs in cash and then get it anyway.   :cool:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »
Best part of getting married, IMO.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 03:35:31 PM »

If you aren't smart enough to walk down the fishing/hunting/automotive aisles, it's your own fault.  Not everything has to be cookie sheets and bath towels.  Register for a nice grill and some other good stuff.  If you register at a place like SuperTarget (just plain Target won't work), be sure to make a jaunt down to the beer and scan several cases.

Don't be such a pussy.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
ETP and the future Mrs. ETP are currently in the process of registering. Right now its Crate and Barrel (meh), Pottery Barn (double meh) and Bed Bath and Beyond :excited:

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 03:45:55 PM »
We did a honeymoon registry - that might be a way around collecting piles of useless crap.

Though the Kitchen Aid stand mixer my mother-in-law gave me is truly a thing of beauty.  It's up there with Drew Brees and dude from the Old 97's in things over which I openly lust.
Wildcat by marriage, Seminole by choice and Saints fan by the grace of God.

Offline Duncan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »

this

Offline Duncan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »
Along with Crate & Barrel, we registered at Home Depot.  Surprisingly got a lot of stuff (most of it gift cards) from HD.  Compound Miter Saw bitches.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »
I hate wedding gifts with a passion.  It's just incredibly wasteful, even when compared to other wedding expenses.  Really, weddings are the biggest sham in history.  I recommend eloping.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 07:52:02 PM »
I hate wedding gifts with a passion.  It's just incredibly wasteful, even when compared to other wedding expenses.  Really, weddings are the biggest sham in history.  I recommend eloping.

GMAFB

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »
I suppose you've already had people trying to talk you out of it.  Getting married that is.  And you think somehow you are different, special, or otherwise immune from their experience.  Well, you're not.  The only reason the divorce rate isn't 100% is that half of the people in this world would rather be miserable than admit they were wrong.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

cyclist

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
I suppose you've already had people trying to talk you out of it.  Getting married that is.  And you think somehow you are different, special, or otherwise immune from their experience.  Well, you're not.  The only reason the divorce rate isn't 100% is that half of the people in this world would rather be miserable than admit they were wrong.

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce...

:cyclist (WTH is my emoticon):