Author Topic: Massa Self does it again  (Read 53942 times)

Offline KSU-Krazie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Massa Self does it again
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Self on Selby: "I think he's a very talented kid. We saw that early in the year. He lost confidence due to injury. He's going to be fine."

Self on Robinson: "He has the most room to improve. He can take a leap like Markieff did this year..."

"Marcus needs to improve his perimeter skills. He needs to be a three." -Self

"If you don't go in the first round, you wasted it." - Self

Self: "The big thing is to have an open line of communication with them and their families."

Self: "If someone is going to go, I'd want to know right now. In a perfect world, I'd like the guys who can return...to return"

What a monster.  Feel bad for T-Rob, Selby, hell, even the twins, I really do.

It's like the changing of the seasons, the sun rising in the east, taxes and death.

Bill Self will always publically trash his own players' abilities after the season is over in order to plant seeds with any NBA scouts.

Wasn't there an exact quote from Massa Self earlier this year that Marcus was the most talented player he has ever coached? Seems like the most talented player wouldn't have problems with being a three.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2011, 04:51:06 PM »
Self on Selby: "I think he's a very talented kid. We saw that early in the year. He lost confidence due to injury. He's going to be fine."

Self on Robinson: "He has the most room to improve. He can take a leap like Markieff did this year..."

Self: "The big thing is to have an open line of communication with them and their families."

Self: "If someone is going to go, I'd want to know right now. In a perfect world, I'd like the guys who can return...to return"

It's like the changing of the seasons, the sun rising in the east, taxes and death.

Bill Self will always publically trash his own players' abilities after the season is over in order to plant seeds with any NBA scouts.

Wasn't there an exact quote from Massa Self earlier this year that Marcus was the most talented player he has ever coached? Seems like the most talented player wouldn't have problems with being a three.
It was Selby.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »

It was Selby.

That was most talented recruit.  I'm pretty sure he called Marcus some version of greatest player he has coached.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
No Selby was the best freshman they ever had in the program. Massa's pre-tournament bull was Marcus was most talented player.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
Are sure Cartier?  Pretty sure this was when Selby was sitting and not playing (for KU).

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
Maybe it isn't Bill Self that is "ruining" these kids.

Maybe the kids he recruits are just really, really stupid.   :dunno:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »
Maybe it isn't Bill Self that is "ruining" these kids.

Maybe the kids he recruits are just really, really stupid.   :dunno:

wrong.  he ruins them. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2011, 05:08:56 PM »
Are sure Cartier?  Pretty sure this was when Selby was sitting and not playing (for KU).

i don't know.  maybe.  whatev.  either way he's a monster, a racist, and needs to be stopped.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:48 PM »

I remember this too.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
I'm 99% sure Self said one of the morris twins was the most talented player he has had
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:37 PM »
I'm 99% sure Self said one of the morris twins was the most talented player he has had

Maybe he can't tell the difference between them  :opcat:

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »

JFC!!  Do they have a good orphanage in Lawrence while Trob "improves" next year??  Absolutely sickening.  :curse:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

catzacker

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
self will scare the sh*t out of them with the potential lockout.  then give them some bs about improving their draft stock and dollars, forgetting what they leave on the table for a year.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »
The players he recruits are not only extraordinarily stupid, but extremely manipulative too.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2011, 09:16:43 PM »
The players he recruits are not only extraordinarily stupid, but extremely manipulative too.

And this is surprising given the work they did to get "Wut" on-campus and then left him out to dry in the draft when they could have cleared up the medical "misunderstanding".

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
The players he recruits are not only extraordinarily stupid, but easiextremely manipulativeed too.

FYP

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »
Klink mentioned on BITB today that after the official presser Seff stood around and answered more informal questions.  Said the topic of T-Rob to the NBA came up and Seff seemed really taken aback by the idea that he would leave for the NBA.  As if it's not even an option for him and he's so not ready that it's not even worth considering.

It's really appalling, but you gotta give it to the guy.  He's really, really good at this crap.  Kinda similar to how Hitler was really, really good at killing Jews.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
Klink mentioned on BITB today that after the official presser Seff stood around and answered more informal questions.  Said the topic of T-Rob to the NBA came up and Seff seemed really taken aback by the idea that he would leave for the NBA.  As if it's not even an option for him and he's so not ready that it's not even worth considering.

It's really appalling, but you gotta give it to the guy.  He's really, really good at this cac.  Kinda similar to how Hitler was really, really good at killing Jews.

let's get these guys in there

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »
There’s a chance these kids could actually declare and not get paid,” he said. “And an agent could say, well, you’re still closer to your second contract. Somebody else could say how do you make your second contract when you don’t get in the games?”

From a common-sense standpoint, not that I have much, but if there is a lockout and the season doesn’t start until February or whenever it would be, it’s hard for these young kids to go in when there’s no training camp and there’s no practice time, to show they need to be playing in games when the playoffs are only three months away,” Self said. “It could be a lost season for some of those guys because there’s not going to be an opportunity to grow and learn and play through mistakes when you’re playing five games a week and you’ve got to win.”

the massa

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
There’s a chance these kids could actually declare and not get paid,” he said. “And an agent could say, well, you’re still closer to your second contract. Somebody else could say how do you make your second contract when you don’t get in the games?”

From a common-sense standpoint, not that I have much, but if there is a lockout and the season doesn’t start until February or whenever it would be, it’s hard for these young kids to go in when there’s no training camp and there’s no practice time, to show they need to be playing in games when the playoffs are only three months away,” Self said. “It could be a lost season for some of those guys because there’s not going to be an opportunity to grow and learn and play through mistakes when you’re playing five games a week and you’ve got to win.”

the massa
My Lord... He is extremely desperate.

catzacker

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2011, 08:15:37 PM »

the massa

self will scare the sh*t out of them with the potential lockout.  then give them some bs about improving their draft stock and dollars, forgetting what they leave on the table for a year.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »

the massa

Clockwork

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »
I think they will all return because I don't think they will have a choice

quote from the phog.  someone isn't in denial of massa's dealings
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
I think they will all return because I don't think they will have a choice

quote from the phog.  someone isn't in denial of massa's dealings

They should start making these shirts blue and red.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »

Yes you are, Thomas. Yes you are. :cry: