Author Topic: Food for thought  (Read 5721 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »
At this point last season, K-State was sitting at 1-2, with their one win being a 21-17 nailbiter over UMass.  Despite replacing Ron Prince with "the greatest coach of all-time," K-State struggled to start the season.  On the flip side, KU was sitting at 3-0, top 25, with what appeared to be a Big 12 North division contender.  We all know how the rest of the season played out.  I realize that perspective isn't something that K-State fans are capable of having, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyways.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Food for thought
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
I see what you are getting at, but there is one very, very, very, very important difference.

KSU's "former" coach actually attempted to leave the cupboard (cough, cough) full.  KU's was run out on a rail after losing 7 straight games in a year that they were thought to be good.

Matt Miller, in the middle of a bender, could have coached that KSU team to a bowl game.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Will KU wallop a Big 12 team 64-14? Will KU have a shot to win the North on the last game of the year?

Failing to see the comparison here, Beems.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »
Good point, the situations are identical, good parallel bro.

The Nebraska win will be awesome, gonna suck to lose the next 7 including at North Texas.

fml
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:16:30 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »
Who is KU's Daniel Thomas?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:16:24 PM »
I see what you are getting at, but there is one very, very, very, very important difference.

KSU's "former" coach actually attempted to leave the cupboard (cough, cough) full.  KU's was run out on a rail after losing 7 straight games in a year that they were thought to be good.

Matt Miller, in the middle of a bender, could have coached that KSU team to a bowl game.

Yeah, Ron Prince just left K-State stacked with talent all across the board.  

:jerk:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
I love the Turner=Bill comparo.

:love: :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »

iknowright, Daniel Thomas sucks

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »
He loves talking KSU football SO MUCH.   :love:

:bait:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
At this point last season, K-State was sitting at 1-2, with their one win being a 21-17 nailbiter over UMass.  Despite replacing Ron Prince with "the greatest coach of all-time," K-State struggled to start the season.  On the flip side, KU was sitting at 3-0, top 25, with what appeared to be a Big 12 North division contender.  We all know how the rest of the season played out.  I realize that perspective isn't something that K-State fans are capable of having, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyways.

JFC you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), you bitch and moan on the KU boards about how KU is such a hot topic on K-State boards and then you run over here and start up dumb crap threads like this?

I appreciate the thinking outside the box to try and find some glimmer of hope for your crap stain of a team, but stop being such a POS....

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
KU might not have a Daniel Thomas, but they do have a win over a top 15 team.  

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
And a loss to NDSU
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »

I think pete is confused, he is talking about princes first year.  BMW is talking about last year.  There aren't many similarities between this years KSU and last years KU, but this years KU could be very similar to last years KSU.  They have an easy schedule and if the ball bounces right could eek out 4 conference wins and a win against NMSU and be bowl eligible.  I dont see it happening but they have a chance.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »
And a loss to NDSU

To have God there must be a Satan.  It's all part of the Reverend's plans. 

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 04:28:10 PM »
Well if LHC Bill Snyder's team did it, then of course Turner Gill's team is going to do it too.  That's the way it works right?

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
And a loss to NDSU

And a loss to the Wichita St of Mississippi.

Something to build on I guess. :driving:
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline bleedpurple

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
Yeah, "History Awaits"...you've all got some great perspective.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
Who wants to wager that Ben's original post was copied from somewhere?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »

point limestone, and he draws even on the day.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »
First off Georgia Tech is currently not ranked in any poll and had to hang on for dear life playing a UNC team that currently has 12 guys suspended, most of whom were projected starters, and has had several other projected starters kicked off the team.   In addition UNC's D-Line coach resigned and they are undergoing an extensive internal investigation . . . and Davis is on the hotseat in regards to the academic issues.   The UNC AD was just in town for the UNC System Board meeting and he got absolutely grilled by the UNC System board.  It's ugly right now in Chapel Hill.  

Last year ku was suppossed to contend for the North and was a veritable shoe-in for a decent bowl game.  

This year K-State was projected by most to finish no better than 3rd in the Big 12 North and to maybe get bowl eligible.  

But using Ben's circular logic . . .  we can expect a brawl on campus any day now between the basketball and football teams, and for a complete internal implosion of the football program with the AD launching a witch hunt to get rid of Snyder.  

And you guys are probably right . . .  kid hasn't had an original thought in over a year.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 04:37:38 PM »

I think pete is confused, he is talking about princes first year.  BMW is talking about last year.  There aren't many similarities between this years KSU and last years KU, but this years KU could be very similar to last years KSU.  They have an easy schedule and if the ball bounces right could eek out 4 conference wins and a win against NMSU and be bowl eligible.  I dont see it happening but they have a chance.

Oh, correct, I was talking about Ron's first year.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »
KU might not have a Daniel Thomas, but they do have a win over a top 15 team team that was absurdly overrated in the mostly baseless preseason polls and will finish the season at 5-7, with most of those wins coming as a result of the absurdly horrible ACC.  

FYP, bro!  
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »
I'll say this, BMW has some of the most ridiculous, stupid and made up posts that someone can type.

But man, that rough rider reels us in.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
In a way I almost agree with Beems. I can't be too excited about being 3-0 because 3 wins doesn't mean crap.

On the other hand, ku was always going to fail last year it just took 5 games for them to do it (Southern Miss and ISU nearly beat you last year), and this KSU team is obviously improved from last year (UCLA revenge, won by more than a blocked PAT against ISU).

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »

I posted this thread on phog.net as well. 

:dunno: