Author Topic: ****PEGGY PO'S & NANCY NEG'S (FARMAGEDDON SPECIAL EDITION)****  (Read 3216 times)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
****PEGGY PO'S & NANCY NEG'S (FARMAGEDDON SPECIAL EDITION)****
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
PEG'S!

• THOMAS THE "NEVER LATE, ALWAYS ON TIME" TRAIN
    All those in favor of removing Sean Snyder's name and years and putting in a golden statue of THOMAS THE TRAIN that will run 20 yards, knocking over 3 defenders, then will turn around and trot back into place and do it all over again,  pull our your katpak and wave it in the air (like you just don't care, but you really do because you are really getting to like this Daniel Thomas guy).  I would say more, but how could I?  I just hope that his knees/shoulder/soul don't explode before the end of the year.  Snyds, here is a tip:  give Powell some carries so that we can all see Daniel in Week 10 and beyond.
  • CCQ-  What a day!  In the 1st half it looked as though everything had come together for our Lazr armed barn raiser.  Then he went 0-2 (followed by a ridiculous fake fg attempt) to leave us without points going in to the half.  The next half then included a TAINT that soured the morning/afternoon slop fest.  All in all, a step bacl from MOST but not a meltdown in a terrifying hostile environ playing for all the starches.
  • Harold/Brown  Fire and Ice.
NANCY NEG'S

• LB  more like ashes and slush.  These guys SUUUUCK.  Totally.  Not.  Up.  For.  Discussion.         Damn, this sucks!
  • Fake fg-  Either we have no confidence in our kicking game because it sucks, or we are idiots.  Really no upside.
  • Powell carries
1 carry?  Seriously?  And where the hell is the Wildcat?  Tucked away safely for Nebraska I'm sure.  Deep in the crevices of Snyd's brain lies a plan to humiliate all the haters.  His mystic powers shall not be questioned by mere mortals with lesser intellect or steely resolve.  Those who blaspheme HIS football are forever unworthy of HIS glorious victries and Bowl Games.  Or this is a terrible idea and DT is going to turn out like Humpty Dumpty.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ****PEGGY PO'S & NANCY NEG'S (FARMAGEDDON SPECIAL EDITION)****
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:57:50 PM »
It was hot as balls, too. Probably file that under negs.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 01:09:07 PM »
7.75 for beers, DAMN THAT SUCKS!

Thanks to ging for buying me one though.

:peek:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:54:55 PM »
What do you mean where is the wildcat? Did you not watch the game yesterday? We ran the wildcat a lot.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
What do you mean where is the wildcat? Did you not watch the game yesterday? We ran the wildcat a lot.

Yeah, probably 8-12 times at least.

But I think people are meaning NOT with Thomas and Wilson in the backfield and Coffman split out.  I think people are looking for someone else to be in there with Thomas, maybe Powell or Harper.  I think we will probably see that at some point.

BTW, I liked that we tried a couple different looks from the Wildcat; Thomas dropping back to throw and the option (which he should've pitched) were very good to see, making the defense prepare for even more.  Still, most of the time we are still getting the numbers advantage that the Wildcat is designed to give us, we just aren't always holding our blocks as long as we need to be for Thomas to run with any sort of patience.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
No way should Harold be a Peggy from yesterday. A Big Nancy.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »

He was double teamed the whole game because the rest of the line sucks, NANCY.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »

Harold: "I was a Nancy today."
Bill: "He was a Nancy today."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »

He was doubled some, but definitely not the whole game. He deserves credit for a huge play at the end, but he was far from dominant.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »

He was doubled some, but definitely not the whole game. He deserves credit for a huge play at the end, but he was far from dominant.

I think BH's play coincides directly with your post about defensive pressure.  He was adequate and again made a huge play down the stretch.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

catzacker

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

qft.  i'm trying to figure out if he's even kevin huntley.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »

Dominant no, Nancy no, solid yes.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »

qft.  i'm trying to figure out if he's even kevin huntley.

Don't remember the exact quote, but Snyder seemed to imply that he didn't play hard every snap.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
Quote from: LHC Bill Snyder
Brandon perhaps was not as consistent today as he had been in the first two ballgames.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »

_FAN basically answered it.  But I think adding in motion with our best athletes and Carson completely out of the game is fine.  With him in the game I think Thomas and Powell is pretty interesting.  I would love a 3 back set with Wilson/Thomas/Powell.

I mean hell, Thomas was a JUCO QB.  We aren't asking him to pull the whole load, but if he's going to get 35 f'ing carries I think that 15 should be out of a unique/Wildcat/whatever the hell set with him receiving the ball on the snap with no more than 2 reads to make.  We need to help out the queso.  Ever pulled out some half-warm Velveeta?  We need to add the spice and punch a quick "33" on the timer.  All I'm asking.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »

_FAN basically answered it.  But I think adding in motion with our best athletes and Carson completely out of the game is fine.  With him in the game I think Thomas and Powell is pretty interesting.  I would love a 3 back set with Wilson/Thomas/Powell.

I mean hell, Thomas was a JUCO QB.  We aren't asking him to pull the whole load, but if he's going to get 35 f'ing carries I think that 15 should be out of a unique/Wildcat/whatever the hell set with him receiving the ball on the snap with no more than 2 reads to make.  We need to help out the queso.  Ever pulled out some half-warm Velveeta?  We need to add the spice and punch a quick "33" on the timer.  All I'm asking.

He did receive the direct snap in the wildcat, about 10 times.  Carson will have to remain on the field for the element of surprise to remain.  The main advantages of the wildcat is that the defense suddenly has to change assignments and we basically add an additional blocker.  This will be negated if they can just substitute players every time our backup/wildcat qb comes out on to the field.  Now, we could use Harper as the wildcat qb, as bringing in a WR wouldn't necessarily tip our hand.  But, I would still much rather have the ball in DT's hands as much as possible.  Dude is by far our best player, after all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-defendingthewildcat090709
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/29/no-hype-review-the-wildcat-formation/

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »

I mean hell, Thomas was a JUCO QB.  We aren't asking him to pull the whole load, but if he's going to get 35 f'ing carries I think that 15 should be out of a unique/Wildcat/whatever the hell set with him receiving the ball on the snap with no more than 2 reads to make. We need to help out the queso.  Ever pulled out some half-warm Velveeta?  We need to add the spice and punch a quick "33" on the timer.  All I'm asking.

He did receive the direct snap in the wildcat, about 10 times.  Carson will have to remain on the field for the element of surprise to remain.  The main advantages of the wildcat is that the defense suddenly has to change assignments and we basically add an additional blocker.  This will be negated if they can just substitute players every time our backup/wildcat qb comes out on to the field.  Now, we could use Harper as the wildcat qb, as bringing in a WR wouldn't necessarily tip our hand.  But, I would still much rather have the ball in DT's hands as much as possible.  Dude is by far our best player, after all.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/29/no-hype-review-the-wildcat-formation/
Jesus christ, you need a bullet in the back of your skull.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:56 PM »

I mean hell, Thomas was a JUCO QB.  We aren't asking him to pull the whole load, but if he's going to get 35 f'ing carries I think that 15 should be out of a unique/Wildcat/whatever the hell set with him receiving the ball on the snap with no more than 2 reads to make. We need to help out the queso.  Ever pulled out some half-warm Velveeta?  We need to add the spice and punch a quick "33" on the timer.  All I'm asking.

Jesus christ, you need a bullet in the back of your skull.

Damn, that was one gay ass attempt at PI there Washburncat.  Keep trying, maybe one of these kids around here will fall for your internet tough guy routine.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
JT, are you ever not on this bbs?
3021  RIP

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »
JT's mom should have swallowed him and done us a favor

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 09:50:57 PM »
JT's mom should have swallowed him and done us a favor

Your mom swallowed me a few times.  For an old chick, that lady is a freak!

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »

Its like every time I post something, you try to misunderstand what I'm saying.  Teams have run 2-QB systems, they do this all the time.  Thomas has experience at QB.  I was suggesting that some sort of hybrid where he plays QB but has a very limited playbook with 2 reads max and a few passing plays to mix it up would be good.  I want to expand the offense to allow for Thomas to not have to get pounded every play and I think removing CCQ on occasion so that we can get a 2/3 back set as I mentioned with Wilson and Powell to accompany Thomas would potentially be an explosive look.  Especially if we were willing to commit to it for 6 or 8 plays a game in addition to the snaps of Wildcat.  Thomas could save his legs a little by playing "QB" and handing a zone read off to Powell or simply handing the ball off to Powell with Wilson lead blocking.  I haven't even mentioned Harper, but he could easily play this "spell Wildcat QB" role as well.  I am happy to clarify as always. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »

Its like every time I post something, you try to misunderstand what I'm saying.  Teams have run 2-QB systems, they do this all the time.  Thomas has experience at QB.  I was suggesting that some sort of hybrid where he plays QB but has a very limited playbook with 2 reads max and a few passing plays to mix it up would be good.  I want to expand the offense to allow for Thomas to not have to get pounded every play and I think removing CCQ on occasion so that we can get a 2/3 back set as I mentioned with Wilson and Powell to accompany Thomas would potentially be an explosive look.  Especially if we were willing to commit to it for 6 or 8 plays a game in addition to the snaps of Wildcat.  Thomas could save his legs a little by playing "QB" and handing a zone read off to Powell or simply handing the ball off to Powell with Wilson lead blocking.  I haven't even mentioned Harper, but he could easily play this "spell Wildcat QB" role as well.  I am happy to clarify as always. 

So- you want a set of plays where DT takes direct snaps, has a limited numbers of reads, and can hand off to Powell or Wilson if he so chooses via zones reads or direct hand-offs?  And you would envision this happening 6-8 times a game?  Like we said earlier, we ran the wildcat about 10 times last game.   :facepalm: