Author Topic: Your second-favorite player on the team?  (Read 5283 times)

catzacker

Re: Your second-favorite player on the team?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 07:25:59 PM »
Braden Wilson.  He's  huge reason DT gets the yards he does.

Everytime he goes through and destroys some linebacker... :love:

:sigh:

it's like sometimes I want to give posters the benefit of the doubt and just assume that they forgot to put their post in italics.  but deep down I know they're just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Kaleb Drinkgern.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jake4kstate

• Fan
  • Fear the Beard 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
HAROLD!!! :lynchmob:

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
HAROLD!!! :lynchmob:

:facepalm: Even BH said BH had a bad game.
3021  RIP

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »
Pretty sure one of the announcers yesterday said if DT gets the Heisman a lot of the credit is going to go to Brod for his blocking. He's like a 6th linemen out there!

If we are thinking of the same incident, the guy was talking about Braden W.
Nope I think you misheard.

He did.  They said it when Smith was blocking his man on Thomas' TD run in the fourth quarter.

I rewatched it today.  Lapham almost had an orgasm talking about Smith's block ability on that play and called him a sixth lineman.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »
Definitely agree here.  (COULD NOT AGREE MORE!)

But, considering this is the FIRE &ICE Forum....  Any consideration to Harold?

just an imo here.

Yes, but to mix it up, I'm going to go with Sweeney.

If that kid didn't step up this year, we'd be even worse off at corner than we already are.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 09:15:55 PM »
Pretty sure one of the announcers yesterday said if DT gets the Heisman a lot of the credit is going to go to Brod for his blocking. He's like a 6th linemen out there!

He did.  They said it when Smith was blocking his man on Thomas' TD run in the fourth quarter.

I rewatched it today.  Lapham almost had an orgasm talking about Smith's block ability on that play and called him a sixth lineman.

True and the next series he alluded to Brod's unworldly speed.  Something about him having a 3rd leg or something.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »
Definitely agree here.  (COULD NOT AGREE MORE!)

But, considering this is the FIRE &ICE Forum....  Any consideration to Harold?

just an imo here.

Yes, but to mix it up, I'm going to go with Sweeney.

If that kid didn't step up this year, we'd be even worse off at corner than we already are.

QFT.  Sweeney has helped our CBs go from a huge question mark to a relative strength.  (Relative being the key word here.)  Sweeney and Garrett are not bad CBs.  Of course, my opinion may change after we face a team or two that airs the ball out a little.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:17 PM »

True and the next series he alluded to Brod's unworldly speed.  Something about him having a 3rd leg or something.
Someone should tell him that having a 3rd leg does not make one well-endowed with speed. 

Not it.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »

I am thinking, you aren't getting it.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »

I am thinking, you aren't getting it.

Apparently, I'm not.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 09:48:22 PM »

Someone should tell him that having a 3rd leg does not make one well-endowed with speed. 

Not it.

Not sure I believe you bro.  Those tripods in War of the Worlds seem to get around pretty well.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 01:48:18 AM »

Remember when we had Travis Wilson (FB) and no one really talked about him (outside of an "attaboy!") even though he was as good or better than Braden?

to be fair braden hasnt been arrested for domestic yet and when travis wilson was playing we had other positive things to talk about...

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 03:08:04 AM »
And Braden is only 3 game into his sophomore year.  Pretty sure Wilson was pouting on the Michigan State bench at that point in hist career.

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »

it's like sometimes I want to give posters the benefit of the doubt and just assume that they forgot to put their post in italics.  but deep down I know they're just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Noted.   :rolleyes:

I don't get the Wilson hate.  Guess I'll keep watching him make his blocks.  And guess I'll keep watching DT follow those blocks and appear to benefit from them, even though everyone in the stadium knows he's getting the ball 3 out of 4 plays.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

catzacker

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 06:25:05 AM »

I don't get the Wilson hate.  Guess I'll keep watching him make his blocks.  And guess I'll keep watching DT follow those blocks and appear to benefit from them, even though everyone in the stadium knows he's getting the ball 3 out of 4 plays.

i don't hate wilson, i hate the white ksu fans that love wilson.  he got destroyed in the ucla games and if you actually watch he doesn't dominate like everyone thinks he does. he's an average fb.  thomas isn't getting his yards because of wilson.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 06:47:45 AM »
Why is it that white dude are only allowed to cheer for black dude again?  Can't a dude just cheer for another dude that happens to be good at football with Catzacker turning it into some racial thing?  What if the dude is Samoan? 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:35 AM »

Remember when we had Travis Wilson (FB) and no one really talked about him (outside of an "attaboy!") even though he was as good or better than Braden?

to be fair braden hasnt been arrested for domestic yet and when travis wilson was playing we had other positive things to talk about...

We aren't voting for Prom King and this isn't the Boy Scouts.  I like Braden just fine, but he's a freaking fullback.  There seems to be a lack of perspective here.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
who let the tard door open?   KK?!??!???

Offline prome05

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 11:37:03 AM »
Why is it that white dude are only allowed to cheer for black dude again?  Can't a dude just cheer for another dude that happens to be good at football with Catzacker turning it into some racial thing?  What if the dude is Samoan? 

http://www.castefootball.us

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »

i don't hate wilson, i hate the white ksu fans that love wilson.  he got destroyed in the ucla games and if you actually watch he doesn't dominate like everyone thinks he does. he's an average fb.  thomas isn't getting his yards because of wilson.

i agree. he's getting more yards this year because the defense has to respect the average arm of our starting qb compared to last year when they could play eleven in the box and not have to worry.