Author Topic: clutch performance by fire and ice  (Read 4819 times)

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: clutch performance by fire and ice
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »

ps. do we get a trophy?

The ol' wooden tractor.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »
No offense to F&I but I though our best defensive plays were ISU penalties and shitty Austin Arnaud throws for incompletions.

Carsy was average to bad. (he was decent at the option)

The only true bright spots were Brod (who is a baller btw) and D-Train.

No pressure on ISU QB, loose secondary coverage by KSU, not too many YAC for ISU runners. We are not very good, but we are 3-0 and that is pretty much al you can ask for.

BTW, I watched the game at a bar in Newton, KS between a complete powerespect idiot, and a guy who I thought was reasonable, but found out was a KU bb/ksu fb fan.
 :facepalm:

pumped for the farmageddon win.

ps. do we get a trophy?

You from Newton?

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »
Tyson Hartman = Jesse Tetuan.  :facepalm:
[

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
No offense to F&I but I though our best defensive plays were ISU penalties and shitty Austin Arnaud throws for incompletions.

Carsy was average to bad. (he was decent at the option)

The only true bright spots were Brod (who is a baller btw) and D-Train.

No pressure on ISU QB, loose secondary coverage by KSU, not too many YAC for ISU runners. We are not very good, but we are 3-0 and that is pretty much al you can ask for.

BTW, I watched the game at a bar in Newton, KS between a complete powerespect idiot, and a guy who I thought was reasonable, but found out was a KU bb/ksu fb fan.
 :facepalm:

pumped for the farmageddon win.

ps. do we get a trophy?

You from Newton?

No. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:31 AM »

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »

QFT.

How did Hartman let this happen? He looked solid last yr, but he just turned into the suck. I am  :ohno: about the better teams on our sched right now.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:27 AM »
5-7, take that to the BANK!!!

1.  Queso QB
2.  F&I more like R&R

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »

I really do hate Tysyn Hartman considerably more than Zimmerbek combo player.  Like, it's not even close.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 09:20:19 AM »
There's really not much point in beating up on players like Carson and Hrebec. I mean, they are what they are. It's not like they ever claimed to be good at football. If you want to get angry at someone get angry at the dumbass coaching staff, especially the assistants. Next time you see one of them in Dillons or whatever stop and scream something like, "HEY!! GO RECRUIT SOMEBODY [redacted]!!!" and see if it works.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »
I think it's pretty telling as to how bad our LB corp is when you can pretty much say they've made no noticeable improvement.  The only thing that isn't getting this LB crew completely clowned is the fact that we've got some fairly decent, not great, but decent run support DB's. 

Hopefully with AB and guys like Tre Walker we'll start to see some improvement next year.   

But this is awful, probably the worst 3 or 4 years of LB play I've ever seen at K-State.  Even in the most malaise days of K-State football we always had an LB or two who was pretty good and would stick people.   These guys are just feet divers, velcro on blockers and hangers on in tackling.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
Hrebek did make one of the plays of the game when he blew up Robinson on that big 3rd and 2 in the fourth.

Our linebackers are not mobbish, but I don't hate them nearly as much as I did during the Matt Butler years for some reason.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »
Childs made one nice play that I remember thinking, "wow, that was not a bad play by Childs, wow"

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »
Hrebek did make one of the plays of the game when he blew up Robinson on that big 3rd and 2 in the fourth.

Our linebackers are not mobbish, but I don't hate them nearly as much as I did during the Matt Butler years for some reason.

some guy was getting held up and Hrebek hit him like those clownish pop-up tackling dummies.  GOOD GOD!  Listen to yourself!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 09:47:07 AM »
Butler was just bad, and it never seemed like he was ever either in position or put into position to do anything positive.  

These guys are put into position to make plays, and more times than not, they just whiff.   Hrbek just dives at guys feet, if  you isolate on him during a game you'll witness on average at least 10 whiffing foot dives a game.  

This is why when they actually do make a play, we are like  :excited:  because it's so surprising.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
There's really not much point in beating up on players like Carson and Hrebec. I mean, they are what they are. It's not like they ever claimed to be good at football. If you want to get angry at someone get angry at the dumbass coaching staff, especially the assistants. Next time you see one of them in Dillons or whatever stop and scream something like, "HEY!! GO RECRUIT SOMEBODY [redacted]!!!" and see if it works.
Take one from Fight Club:  hold one at gunpoint while you go through his wallet.  Take his ID and tell him you will visit his home in one month to kill their family unless they get a decent quarterback.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 02:11:46 AM »
Take one from Fight Club:  hold one at gunpoint while you go through his wallet.  Take his ID and tell him you will visit his home in one month to kill their family unless they get a decent quarterback.

"Tomorrow will be the greatest day of Joe Bob Clements life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you or me have ever had."