Author Topic: clutch performance by fire and ice  (Read 4818 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
clutch performance by fire and ice
« on: September 18, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
aka lynch mob 2.  they were the difference today. starting to look like this:

cosh>vic.

no way we're 3-0 with the vic lynch mob.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: clutch performance by fire and ice
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »
Don't get ahead of yourself... our defense was NOT that impressive. It will show during some later conf. games if things don't improve. We made a few plays, but could easily have been burned on some others but ISU missed a couple good opportunities and set themselves back with some penalties. We got decent play out of the secondary (although on too many occasions, we're leaving players open deep which accurate throwers will capitalize on). The defensive line basically got owned most of the day, other than Harold. The linebackers.... well... The first man at or behind the line of scrimmage almost never made a tackle, even though we had our hands on them a lot. 

Anyway, you could say we did enough to win, or ISU did enough to lose... I think it's a little of both. But we'll need a lot better effort in most of our conf. games, believe me.

I give the defense a C+.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »
Don't get ahead of yourself... our defense was NOT that impressive. It will show during some later conf. games if things don't improve. We made a few plays, but could easily have been burned on some others but ISU missed a couple good opportunities and set themselves back with some penalties. We got decent play out of the secondary (although on too many occasions, we're leaving players open deep which accurate throwers will capitalize on). The defensive line basically got owned most of the day, other than Harold. The linebackers.... well... The first man at or behind the line of scrimmage almost never made a tackle, even though we had our hands on them a lot. 

Anyway, you could say we did enough to win, or ISU did enough to lose... I think it's a little of both. But we'll need a lot better effort in most of our conf. games, believe me.

I give the defense a C+.

13 Offensive points.   :jerk:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »
even though we had our hands on them a lot.  

I give the defense a C+.

I'd like to get my hands on you.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
We got no pressure on the QB, they averaged over 4 ypc.  Front 7 is weak.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 02:50:08 PM »
Really like our "hit" and then hang on for dear life defense.

Like I said in the Chat .  . . if you're not sure what model a cleat is, ask Hrbec, he's got them all memorized because all he does is dive at feet.

He almost single handily allowed them to tie the game.   Just an awful Linebacker . . . awful.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 02:50:59 PM »
13 Offensive points.   :jerk:

Iowa State.  :zzz:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »

Like I said in the Chat .  . . if you're not sure what model a cleat is, ask Hrbec, he's got them all memorized because all he does is dive at feet.

He almost single handily allowed them to tie the game.   Just an awful Linebacker . . . awful.

Hrebec is good at ankle tackles but Zimmerman has a PhD in it, that kid is a world class ankle biter.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
OK -- look guys... our defense didn't do terrible, but also Iowa State didn't expose their mistakes like other teams will either. We were just barely above average. But if we play at this level all year long, you guys will be calling for Cosh's head soon enough. This wasn't bad, but if we want to get to a bowl, we'll have to "get better every day" (obligatory OBism). Enjoy the win, but I'm just sayin'  :dunno:

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »

Hrebec is good at ankle tackles but Zimmerman has a PhD in it, that kid is a world class ankle biter.

Difference there is Z will occasionally trip someone up... Hrebec pretty much just whiffs.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:02:39 PM »
That's what makes him the leading tackler on the team, all those whiffs.  He may suck, but to pick on him given the list of shitty players to choose from is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
Arnaud had all day to throw, except when Harold hit him there at the end. Lightweight d-line created no pressure and got ran on up the middle lots.

Linebackers tackle...12 yards up field on completed passes and 6 yards on running plays. Someone tell me, did we even blitz once? Couldn't tell.

Secondary played decent. Got lucky a few times. Couldn't come away with a pick, even though we were right there a couple times.

All in all, nothing to feel confident about, IMO.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »
Arnaud had all day to throw, except when Harold hit him there at the end. Lightweight d-line created no pressure and got ran on up the middle lots.

Linebackers tackle...12 yards up field on completed passes and 6 yards on running plays. Someone tell me, did we even blitz once? Couldn't tell.

Secondary played decent. Got lucky a few times. Couldn't come away with a pick, even though we were right there a couple times.

We have a shitty defense, but it feels good to make the plays you have to in order to win.  We needed that win.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
Someone tell me, did we even blitz once? Couldn't tell.

I counted one, corner blitz.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »

This. Beef is definitely an issue on the line. Honestly, we are really missing Davis and some of the other JUCO guys that didn't make it. I think for the most part players are giving a good effort... but we just don't have the pieces to be dominant.

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

This. Beef is definitely an issue on the line. Honestly, we are really missing Davis and some of the other JUCO guys that didn't make it. I think for the most part players are giving a good effort... but we just don't have the pieces to be dominant.

Are we redshirting Boyd? And did Justin Williams just not qualify?
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
I like when Zimmerman and Hrebec work together and Zimmerman will hold the guys ankles while Hrebec comes in and really "cleans it up."  Together they make one decent football player.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
I like when Zimmerman and Hrebec work together and Zimmerman will hold the guys ankles while Hrebec comes in and really "cleans it up."  Together they make one decent football player.

We could have the best 5.5 guy defense in the country. 

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
Are we redshirting Boyd? And did Justin Williams just not qualify?

FTR, Crews left the team, Davis had surgery, Williams didn't qualify, and Boyd is a no-show on the depth chart.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »

This. Beef is definitely an issue on the line.
Just proves we need to get back to locking down the KS borders.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »
No offense to F&I but I though our best defensive plays were ISU penalties and shitty Austin Arnaud throws for incompletions.

Carsy was average to bad. (he was decent at the option)

The only true bright spots were Brod (who is a baller btw) and D-Train.

No pressure on ISU QB, loose secondary coverage by KSU, not too many YAC for ISU runners. We are not very good, but we are 3-0 and that is pretty much al you can ask for.

BTW, I watched the game at a bar in Newton, KS between a complete powerespect idiot, and a guy who I thought was reasonable, but found out was a KU bb/ksu fb fan.
 :facepalm:

pumped for the farmageddon win.

ps. do we get a trophy?

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
i am sick and tired of people telling me year after year to hold my horses because the mob may not be back yet. guess what. they are back and they have a new name. cosh is the real deal. he is the engineer. so let's stop all of this negativity now. it's already out of hand.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 04:04:41 PM »

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »

Call me olde but I remember a time when you cheered for your team, celebrated when it won and realized that you played the young men you had and not the ones you wish you had. Hmmmm ... yes, really, really olde.

Nonetheless ... CONGRATS, WILDCATS!! You're 3-0.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
yla, that is what im felling right now.  would i like to have bad ass playmakers all over the place? sure.  but we don't it isn't the players fault that we dont have better players to religate them to second string.

thank goodness we have b. smith and d. thomas.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.