Author Topic: I want Mark Richt  (Read 9923 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I want Mark Richt
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 10:31:36 PM »
Mark Richt looks like he could be cast in a movie as a really suave bad guy...would love it more if he spoke like Patrick Warburton.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »
Mark Richt looks like he could be cast in a movie as a really suave bad guy...would love it more if he spoke like Patrick Warburton.
YES!

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »
...would love it more if he spoke like Patrick Warburton.

shazbot! yes.  Love that guy because of the way he talks.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
This thread just proves that jtksu and ednksu are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Richt would be a home run hire. He won the SEC twice while coaching at one of the harder schools to win at in the SEC.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »
Georgia is one of the harded schools to win at?  Man, that is just plain Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2010, 11:00:06 PM »
Georgia is one of the harded schools to win at?  Man, that is just plain Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

In the SEC, it is much easier to win at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Arkansas and Tennessee.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2010, 11:02:33 PM »
I always thought of him as more sex symbol than villain.  Check out the way he looks at Mrs. Richt.  Very Burt Reynolds-esque.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »
JFC, he truly is exacly like Burt Reynolds.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
FINALLY

someone else gets it.

FINALLY

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2010, 11:11:49 PM »
Georgia has the 3rd best overall record in SEC history, behind Bama and UTenn.  Not sure how anyone could try to argue that Georgia is one of the harder places for a coach to win at in the SEC.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »
This thread just proves that jtksu and ednksu are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Richt would be a home run hire. He won the SEC twice while coaching at one of the harder schools to win at in the SEC.
were you born with rough ridin' water on the brain?  I'm really not joking.  if you were I would like to donate money to a medical fund for you. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 11:14:56 PM »
And I never said Richt would be a bad hire, he just wouldn't be on my short list. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
Georgia has the 3rd best overall record in SEC history, behind Bama and UTenn.  Not sure how anyone could try to argue that Georgia is one of the harder places for a coach to win at in the SEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

National championships recognized by the NCAA since 1960 (I may have miscounted some but I'm pretty sure I got Georgia right.)

Ole Miss: 2
Alabama: 11
LSU: 3
Arkansas: 2
Tennessee: 2
Georgia: 2 (0 in the last 30 years)
Auburn: 2
Florida: 5

It doesn't seem to me that Georgia is that easy to win at, compared to the expectations of their fan base. The truth is that it would have been impressive for Texas to win the SEC twice during Richt's tenure at Georgia.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:44:37 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 11:45:47 PM »
So, 3rd best overall record and tied for the 4th most NCs?  And that makes it one of the hardest places to coach?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 11:51:27 PM »
Oh-  Adding that "compared to the expectations of their fans" exception was beyond sad.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »
So, 3rd best overall record and tied for the 4th most NCs?  And that makes it one of the hardest places to coach?

Only 4 teams in the SEC have less national championships than Georgia. They have no real advantage over the majority of the conference in the statistic that is going to get Richt fired.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 11:54:35 PM »
Oh-  Adding that "compared to the expectations of their fans" exception was beyond sad.

How so? If Richt had the same success here that he has had a Georgia, he would be worshiped. Georgia is a historically good program, but not great.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »
Once again, he would't be bringing in top 10 classes to MHK.  We would be way better of with a guy like Patterson, who has a track record in winning with the kind of talent we can reasonably expect to bring to KSU.  Richt is getting his ass handed to him with a team full of top-6 or top-7 talent.  What makes you think he would suddenly start winning with top-40 talent?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »
Mark Richt's winning percentage at Georgia is a little more than 15% higher than Georgia's winning percentage before him.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:12:28 AM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »
I want Mark Richt as well.
EMAW

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 12:13:33 AM »
No more coaches that were born in Omaha.

That didn't work out last time.  :chainsaw:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 01:03:02 AM »
Not sure how you got a 15% increase, cause it's a 10% increase.  Before Richt took over, Georgia was 640-358-54.  (.641). Richt is 91-31 at Georgia.  (.746). Plus, Richt has had the benefit of an extra non-conference game every year.  You take away one gimme game every year and his winning percentage would actually be right around Georgia's alltime percentage of .646.  So, Richt is doing basically exactly what every other coach at Georgia has done.  Also-  Georgia has won 5 NCs and has received the 6th most bowl bids in the NCAA.  I would love to hear your spin on how Richt is doing so well at a place that is "one of the harder places to win in the SEC."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »
Not sure how you got a 15% increase, cause it's a 10% increase.  Before Richt took over, Georgia was 640-358-54.  (.641). Richt is 91-31 at Georgia.  (.746). Plus, Richt has had the benefit of an extra non-conference game every year.  You take away one gimme game every year and his winning percentage would actually be right around Georgia's alltime percentage of .646.  So, Richt is doing basically exactly what every other coach at Georgia has done.  Also-  Georgia has won 5 NCs and has received the 6th most bowl bids in the NCAA.  I would love to hear your spin on how Richt is doing so well at a place that is "one of the harder places to win in the SEC."

75-65=10

10/65=.15

Simple math.

K-State's winning percentage has increased by 78% under LHC Bill Snyder, though that isn't really a fair comparison.

Most, if not all, of Georgia's national championships occurred in a period that is just no longer relevant. I suppose you think that Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Army are all easy places to win at, too?