Author Topic: Whining about the flag guy  (Read 6426 times)

Re: :flush:
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
Just Curious, but what if they do hate him because he's gay? You gonna do something about it? No? Ok thats what I thought.
I am not going to do anything about it.  But if you do hate gay people don't be coy about it.

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

What else can I answer about the band?

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

What is your opinion about the flag dude?

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.
Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too.  

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

Problem is he sucks and if he was a girl he would not have made the guard. Plain and simple.
So its only his skill level that embarrasses you?  Why didn't you say that in your first post when you wanted him to blow out his knee on field?  

ps

His skill level isn't great, but there are worse people on the field every year on both the color guard and in the band.

because on top of that his is not in a position were he should be. Sure he could be a tuba holder, I would have no problem with that being gay or not (don't even know and don't care) but he was put in the place of a person how probably deserved it. He has no business on the field in that position.
No one didn't make the flag team because of him, I mean have you watched the flag team?

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 10:10:59 AM »
This thread went from funny to  :facepalm:

No more fire and ice for this thread!
3021  RIP

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.
Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too.  

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

Problem is he sucks and if he was a girl he would not have made the guard. Plain and simple.
So its only his skill level that embarrasses you?  Why didn't you say that in your first post when you wanted him to blow out his knee on field?  

ps

His skill level isn't great, but there are worse people on the field every year on both the color guard and in the band.

because on top of that his is not in a position were he should be. Sure he could be a tuba holder, I would have no problem with that being gay or not (don't even know and don't care) but he was put in the place of a person how probably deserved it. He has no business on the field in that position.
No one didn't make the flag team because of him, I mean have you watched the flag team?

Hate to break it to you but yes some one did not make it. They have tryouts for the flag team during summer camp. People don't make it.
RIP Fatty

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.
Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too. 

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

So its only his skill level that embarrasses you?  Why didn't you say that in your first post when you wanted him to blow out his knee on field? 

ps

Hate to break it to you but yes some one did not make it. They have tryouts for the flag team during summer camp. People don't make it.
Even if true, he's not the worst one on the team.  Not even close.  Some other girl took your girlfriends spot.   Have you watched the flag team this year?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.
Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too. 

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

So its only his skill level that embarrasses you?  Why didn't you say that in your first post when you wanted him to blow out his knee on field? 

ps

Even if true, he's not the worst one on the team.  Not even close.  Some other girl took your girlfriends spot.   Have you watched the flag team this year?

:bang: , think its time to close this thread. I've crap in here enough, now its time to  :flush:. Mission accomplished.
RIP Fatty

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »

ps

:bang: , think its time to close this thread. I've feces in here enough, now its time to  :flush:. Mission accomplished.

Stormnut :bitchslap: Festus

:D Me

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Whining about the flag guy
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
Fascinating thread!  Keep fighting the good fight, Festus -- but maybe a little less earnest next time.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
Fascinating thread!  Keep fighting the good fight, Festus -- but maybe a little less earnest next time.
BINGO! That's always my problem!  I am waaay to earnest, but that's just the way I am.  I see the good in everyone (even to the point where my friends think I am naive), but the growing homophobia on this board was getting too much for me to take!  I needed to just take a deep breath and walk away.

stunz

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 12:29:44 PM »
that is my child

The42Yardstick

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
:angry:

Horrible thread.

:angry:

JFC. Do other fanbases have these problems?

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »
the growing homophobia on this board

wut?

You're fighting with like 3 neo-con band nerds with pimples and calloused palms.  I'll speak for the rest of us by saying we'll be excluded from this clusterfuck of a thread

k thks bye

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
I feel like I logged in on the wrong site.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »
Seriously, is this KStatefans?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Sugar Dick

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 05:50:19 PM »
Is this a thread about the guys that run with the flags that say k-state after a score, or does this have something to do with flags during the marching bands performance (I can't see the band perform from my tailgate in the parking lot so am not sure if they actually have these).

If it's the latter, I believe they're called Flaggots, and I think the drill team is supposed to do that (at least that's how it was in high school). If it's the former I believe that's certainly a role for a guy. 

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 06:43:08 AM »
meh, I saw the flag boys.  Better them out there than the girl who looked like 10lbs. of flour in a five pound sack.

lol at Flaggots.

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
Damn this sucks!!!

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »

I didn't say anything about rules that should or shouln't be crated or mention his sexual orintation, you seem to be more concerned with that.  When I was in the band there were several gay people in the organization and nobody cared.  I simply think he stands out unnecessarily.  For someone who hates the band and the Wildcat march, you sure have a lot of opinions.  If you don't like the band, go to the restroom while they perform.  Not a difficult thing.

I prefer to sit in the stands and clap out of sync with the music. While wearing a beatific smile. I'm old and can get away with it.