Author Topic: Whining about the flag guy  (Read 6424 times)

Re: :flush:
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

What else can I answer about the band?

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

What is your opinion about the flag dude?

Being a tuba player from 98 99 I can say that I ma fracking embarrassed that we have a fracking male color guard. shazbot! I think we have two of them now, they must be breeding. Its a fracking embarrassment and I hope he fracking tears his ACL and MCL while marching with his fracking flag poll.
Well I hope they don't.  I love that they are living their lives without having to kowtow to society's predescribed "roles".  I think it's kind of sad that you don't support your fellow band members simply because they choose to to carry a flag, and it's doubly sad that you wish them bodily harm.

As a tuba player you certainly were never in the social position to tell anyone what was or wasn't cool.

shazbot! YOU. My mouth piece had more metal than two of his little flag poles. The guy should be a real man and be playing a trumpet or a trombone. He is a fracking embarrassment. Whats next a male cheer leader wearing the dress?
So its the amount of metal you put on your mouth that makes you a "REAL" man? :lol: :lol: Since when did YOU get to decide what makes someone a REAL man?  It takes more balls to go out in front of 40K+ rednecks and do what you want than to play some damn tuba I can tell you that.  You're a sad little insecure boy with major male issues. 

Sorry to tell the truth about your boyfriend. Maybe if Kansas legalizes same sex marriage he can were his color guard uniform to your wedding and his flag toting friends could be part of the ceremony. It would be so cute.
Sorry, but I don't date a flagboy.  When's your next protest Fred?

:facepalm:
As is said, you're a sad person.  So much hate for something that has 0 effect on you.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

Being a tuba player from 98 99 I can say that I ma fracking embarrassed that we have a fracking male color guard. shazbot! I think we have two of them now, they must be breeding. Its a fracking embarrassment and I hope he fracking tears his ACL and MCL while marching with his fracking flag poll.
Well I hope they don't.  I love that they are living their lives without having to kowtow to society's predescribed "roles".  I think it's kind of sad that you don't support your fellow band members simply because they choose to to carry a flag, and it's doubly sad that you wish them bodily harm.

As a tuba player you certainly were never in the social position to tell anyone what was or wasn't cool.

shazbot! YOU. My mouth piece had more metal than two of his little flag poles. The guy should be a real man and be playing a trumpet or a trombone. He is a fracking embarrassment. Whats next a male cheer leader wearing the dress?
So its the amount of metal you put on your mouth that makes you a "REAL" man? :lol: :lol: Since when did YOU get to decide what makes someone a REAL man?  It takes more balls to go out in front of 40K+ rednecks and do what you want than to play some damn tuba I can tell you that.  You're a sad little insecure boy with major male issues. 

Sorry to tell the truth about your boyfriend. Maybe if Kansas legalizes same sex marriage he can were his color guard uniform to your wedding and his flag toting friends could be part of the ceremony. It would be so cute.

As is said, you're a sad person.  So much hate for something that has 0 effect on you.

don't hate him, just saying he's a rough ridin' embarrassment. He is not even that good.
RIP Fatty

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 09:00:38 AM »

don't hate him, just saying he's a rough ridin' embarrassment. He is not even that good.
Tell us exactly how (or why) it embarrasses you as a person. Be specific.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:48 AM »

WORLD FORUM!

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:02 AM »

don't hate him, just saying he's a fracking embarrassment. He is not even that good.

Well its a girls world in that area. He is not good. He is a drain on resources (had to buy a special outfit for them). If he was not a guy he would not be on the team, hint he pushed the right buttons and threaten to sue.
RIP Fatty

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »
he pushed the right buttons and threaten to sue.

Badasses would do that.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »
he pushed the right buttons and threaten to sue.

Badasses would do that.

He was crying while doing it.
RIP Fatty

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 09:32:20 AM »

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
The only time I pay attention to the flags is during the beginning of Wildcat March.  During this time, I couldn't care less whether the flag people are male or female as long as they are  :pbj:.  BTW, I hate the Wildcat March.

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

Well I hope they don't.  I love that they are living their lives without having to kowtow to society's predescribed "roles".  I think it's kind of sad that you don't support your fellow band members simply because they choose to to carry a flag, and it's doubly sad that you wish them bodily harm.

So its the amount of metal you put on your mouth that makes you a "REAL" man? :lol: :lol: Since when did YOU get to decide what makes someone a REAL man?  It takes more balls to go out in front of 40K+ rednecks and do what you want than to play some damn tuba I can tell you that.  You're a sad little insecure boy with major male issues.  

Sorry, but I don't date a flagboy.  When's your next protest Fred?

As is said, you're a sad person.  So much hate for something that has 0 effect on you.

don't hate him, just saying he's a fracking embarrassment. He is not even that good.

Well its a girls world in that area. He is not good. He is a drain on resources (had to buy a special outfit for them). If he was not a guy he would not be on the team, hint he pushed the right buttons and threaten to sue.
OK, so it's:
A) Its a girl thing to do
B) He isn't good
C) Had to buy special outfit
D) He stood up for his rights

A) Are you also embarrassed the girls who play tuba?  After all its for REAL MAN no?  That aside, a complete stranger who does something "a girl would do" embarrasses you?  How insecure, just low a self-esteem do you have?

B) That is completely your opinion.  If poor performances embarrass you, then this entire marching band is an embarrassment.

C) The marching band routinely has to order uniforms for really fat people and really small people (I know this for a fact), and has done so with no problem in the past.  This is a non-issue.

D) He fought for his rights.  There never has been a rule saying the color guard is female only.  The marching band is a coed organization and anyone can play any part as long as they pass the audition.

But then again, you still haven't specified what is is exactly about a male flag that causes you so much shame.   I strongly suspect its because you think it looks "gay" and you don't want anyone to associate you with something "gay".  It's OK I think by now you've proved how ungay you are.  You don't have to keep trying so hard to convince us.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.
Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too. 

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »
The only time I pay attention to the flags is during the beginning of Wildcat March.  During this time, I couldn't care less whether the flag people are male or female as long as they are  :pbj:.  BTW, I hate the Wildcat March.
High five man!  You get it.

ps

everyone hates the Wildcat March because its generic crap.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
Man, lots of redneck retards coming out in this thread.  Gay people exist, get over it you  :opcat:.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
OK....so the two flag boys....

Not cool.  Call me a bad person all you want, but if you are going to wave a flag around at least wear a different outfit than the flag girls.  

They should each get a man card taken away from them.

Ok now you can flame me for being prejudice or sexist or whatever.....
You're a bad person when it comes to this.  Really you are.  You can become a better person (we all can) if you learn how to not be scared of things different or strange to you.  

And by the way, there are no Man Cards in life to be given or taken away.  The only people worried about such things are afraid of something in themselves.  

Says the purple "swan."  Hmmm...maybe was an ugly duckling as a kid?  His posts suddenly make sense...

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »
Man, lots of redneck retards coming out in this thread.  Gay people exist, get over it you  :opcat:.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »
Lets all sit in a circle, pass around a doobie, and sing Kumbaya.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too. 

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

Problem is he sucks and if he was a girl he would not have made the guard. Plain and simple.
RIP Fatty

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »
Well, i officially regret posting in this thread...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »

Problem is he sucks and if he was a girl he would not have made the guard. Plain and simple.
So its only his skill level that embarrasses you?  Why didn't you say that in your first post when you wanted him to blow out his knee on field? 

ps

His skill level isn't great, but there are worse people on the field every year on both the color guard and in the band.

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »

Being a tuba player from 98 99 I can say that I ma rough ridin' embarrassed that we have a rough ridin' male color guard. eff I think we have two of them now, they must be breeding. Its a rough ridin' embarrassment and I hope he rough ridin' tears his ACL and MCL while marching with his rough ridin' flag poll.
hmmm it seems you are lying now.  Its pretty clear that its not his lack of skill that shames you, but his very existence.  Is the other guy just as bad at flagging as well?  So it is pretty much just that you think its "gay" then isn't it?  Skill has nothing to do with it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »

I didn't say anything about rules that should or shouln't be crated or mention his sexual orintation, you seem to be more concerned with that.  When I was in the band there were several gay people in the organization and nobody cared.  I simply think he stands out unnecessarily.  For someone who hates the band and the Wildcat march, you sure have a lot of opinions.  If you don't like the band, go to the restroom while they perform.  Not a difficult thing.

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »
Just Curious, but what if they do hate him because he's gay? You gonna do something about it? No? Ok thats what I thought.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »

So its only his skill level that embarrasses you?  Why didn't you say that in your first post when you wanted him to blow out his knee on field? 

ps

His skill level isn't great, but there are worse people on the field every year on both the color guard and in the band.

because on top of that his is not in a position were he should be. Sure he could be a tuba holder, I would have no problem with that being gay or not (don't even know and don't care) but he was put in the place of a person how probably deserved it. He has no business on the field in that position.
RIP Fatty

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

He's drawing unnecessary attention to himself.  For people like that its all about a  "statement" that they can do anything.  A marching band is all about uniformity to the group so you perform as one.  When one person stands out above the rest, its counter productive.
Do girl tuba players stand out?  How about black flute players?  Really fat or small people stand out too.  

Guess what?  It's a public university and the band is open audition, so he really can do what he wants (join the color guard).  Should the school make a rule forbidding male flag members?

I didn't say anything about rules that should or shouln't be crated or mention his sexual orintation, you seem to be more concerned with that.  When I was in the band there were several gay people in the organization and nobody cared.  I simply think he stands out unnecessarily.  For someone who hates the band and the Wildcat march, you sure have a lot of opinions.  If you don't like the band, go to the restroom while they perform.  Not a difficult thing.
What I am saying is that he only stands out because you are looking for him.  He is dressed in the proper uniform.  The super fat people and poor marchers tick out way more.

ps

I like the band, but I am not delusion enough to think they are very good this year.  The lack of bowl games has led to a sharp decline in the quality of the band.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:03 AM »
 :angry:

Horrible thread.

:angry: